2016/17 lineup

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
he hasn't played with them those past games because this shouldn't be his role. He's good for us, but he hasn't done much to get the Topline minutes constantly.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Apparently PHX wants a young/NHL ready player for Hanzal.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2149669

If the Hawks wanted to make this happen, I'm sure they could. There'd be some financial issues that would need to be resolved in order to stay under the cap.

But it's exciting to think of how strong the Hawks would be down the middle for the rest of the season:

Toews
Anisimov
Hanzal
Kruger

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Apparently PHX wants a young/NHL ready player for Hanzal.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2149669

If the Hawks wanted to make this happen, I'm sure they could. There'd be some financial issues that would need to be resolved in order to stay under the cap.

But it's exciting to think of how strong the Hawks would be down the middle for the rest of the season:

Toews
Anisimov
Hanzal
Kruger

It could happen. It would probably be Schmaltz going back though.

So if they pulled the trigger, the signal would be clear. They're all in now, **** the future, even short-term future.

Personally, I don't think a partial season of Hanzal is worth it, and I don't think the move turns them from a 1st or 2nd round exit (my personal prediction) into a cup contender. I'd pass.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
It could happen. It would probably be Schmaltz going back though.

So if they pulled the trigger, the signal would be clear. They're all in now, **** the future, even short-term future.

Personally, I don't think a partial season of Hanzal is worth it, and I don't think the move turns them from a 1st or 2nd round exit (my personal prediction) into a cup contender. I'd pass.

I think there are options other than Schmaltz. While the post says they prefer a young center, it doesn't say they will only accept a center. So a Pokka deal could work.

Despite the rookie wingers; I feel a team that's very strong in goal, strong on defense, and strong down the middle is more than a 1st-2nd round exit team.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Hanzal cannot stay healthy. I've owned him for 4 years on a fantasy team and he consistently gets small injuries that put him out for multiple games. I'd be shocked if he made it through the rigors of a playoff schedule. Trade Shmaltz for a half season of Hanzal? No thanks.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Hanzal cannot stay healthy. I've owned him for 4 years on a fantasy team and he consistently gets small injuries that put him out for multiple games. I'd be shocked if he made it through the rigors of a playoff schedule. Trade Shmaltz for a half season of Hanzal? No thanks.

just spit balling here, but the hawks doesn't have the cap room for him, or do they??

i, would personally move 2 of the following hino and mcneil and baun. for hanzal and draft pick.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
yeah but i can see him being the kind of player stan would have trade for him later in the season.

I can't see them trading another top pick/prospect away this year.

I think they go for a lower tier C, like a Zach Smith, Jay McClement, or Chris Kelly type.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad