Prospect Info: 2016-17 Calgary Flames Prospect Stats & Discussion Thread (CHL, NCAA & Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Correct. I want him in the organization in an official capacity. Great human being and a good resource.

While I like being selfish and want him within the organization; he'd be a good resource for the entire league and players' union.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
"Abbotsford was playing Grand Rapids and he had just come from Gatineau (QMJHL) and this guy was the best player on the ice for both teams," he said. "Then he had his shoulder surgery and then he missed training camp and then his first game back in Adirondack, he was the best player on both teams. He had two goals, he hit five posts and we're like, we have a player here and it's steadily gone down."

Good read here about Poirier:
http://www.flamesfrom80feet.ca/2017/07/fresh-start-poirier-focused-on-future.html

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
That's what I was thinking. It would awesome if he hops back on track.. So much promise

If he became another Ferland caliber of player, it would be fantastic. Free found money by the Flames and a cost controlled asset.

I also think Klimchuk will hit and be that type of player, but I think he will replace Frolik eventually.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Has anyone heard anything about Aagaard? His absence at development camp seems strange. I'd certainly be disappointed if the Flames failed to keep him in the organization somehow.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Has anyone heard anything about Aagaard? His absence at development camp seems strange. I'd certainly be disappointed if the Flames failed to keep him in the organization somehow.
He doesn't have a contract with us, he was only signed to an AHL contract

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015

I hope he's back, I love his game. Don't know if there's actual NHL upside but he was fun to watch in Stockton when he was there.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
He doesn't have a contract with us, he was only signed to an AHL contract
I suppose it's less concerning after seeing Lomberg wasn't at the 2016 development camp after his AHL deal and was back in the organization the next year.

I hope he's back, I love his game. Don't know if there's actual NHL upside but he was fun to watch in Stockton when he was there.

I've been super impressed when I've seen him. I think there is certainly some upside there.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Was anyone planning to go do our development camp events this year? I've really loved the feedback shared in previous years when some of our people did go.

Looking at the rosters, Team Conroy definitely looks fantastic!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Was anyone planning to go do our development camp events this year? I've really loved the feedback shared in previous years when some of our people did go.

Looking at the rosters, Team Conroy definitely looks fantastic!

I've been debating going for the scrimmage like last year... but it looks like I have two major (big bucks) meetings in the AM tomorrow... so, no bueno.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I plan on making it out tomorrow morning.

If I do I will try to get a decent write up done on a few standouts

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

This is a good video, I smiled through most of it.
We have some good kids here.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
They're posting a lot of articles about these kids; and they're all worth a read because they're all pretty neat and you get to know the player better. The ball-busting between Rasumus and Mangi is funny.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
I wonder how much of that is simply viewing bias in the sense he's looking harder at them. I know I had that problem when I attended. You are specifically watching certain guys so they stand out more.

Given that it's Steinberg, probably a fair bit. He's a guy I follow mainly for news and notes type stuff. Can't say he's a guy I search out his opinions or analysis most of the time. I just don't put a bunch of stock in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad