OT: 2015 World Juniors

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
CAN a bit dirty imo

They're feeding off home ice advantage.

Also, Virtanen seems like a total hothead and Ritchie just seems like a goon who skates around looking to jack guys up.

I'm glad we went with character and offense in Dal Colle.

Larkin is going to be a good one for Detroit (of course).

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
They're feeding off home ice advantage.

Also, Virtanen seems like a total hothead and Ritchie just seems like a goon who skates around looking to jack guys up.

I'm glad we went with character and offense in Dal Colle.

Larkin is going to be a good one for Detroit (of course).

I liked Virtanen and Ritchie but not over MDC....

Im def still more than happy with MDC thus far

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I liked Virtanen and Ritchie but not over MDC....

Im def still more than happy with MDC thus far

I was very pro Dal Colle. Benette was my top choice with Ehlers as a decent choice. Ritchie just seemed too low of a ceiling. Like a poor mans Lucic. While I think lucic is a quality player, def not a top five pick worthy.

Virtanen, while skilled, lacks the hockey sense that Mdc has in spades

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I was very pro Dal Colle. Benette was my top choice with Ehlers as a decent choice. Ritchie just seemed too low of a ceiling. Like a poor mans Lucic. While I think lucic is a quality player, def not a top five pick worthy.

Virtanen, while skilled, lacks the hockey sense that Mdc has in spades

Very well stated and agree.

nc1972

Jun 3, 2006
Hudson Facshing

When I see this kid play weather it be in tournaments or at the college level I think of what might have been, he is what we need a big kid with a great motor who loves to hit crash the net and has a high compete level did I get that right coach.He will be a winger at the NHL level either second or third line I agree with Scott on this one this scouting staff get too cute at times.

scott99

May 13, 2005
When I see this kid play weather it be in tournaments or at the college level I think of what might have been, he is what we need a big kid with a great motor who loves to hit crash the net and has a high compete level did I get that right coach.He will be a winger at the NHL level either second or third line I agree with Scott on this one this scouting staff get too cute at times.

Yeah they try to prove they are smarter than everyone else by going off the radar instead of taking the talented guy that is a great value.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere

Sometimes you have to wonder what some of these guys are watching. Don't know which Islander scout was watching Cammarata play in the USHL, didn't he see that Cammarata wasn't a good skater, especially at his lack of size?

Big fan of Fasching too.

Last edited:

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
USA vs Russia now on NHL Network as the quarterfinals of the World Junior are today. Sorokin not in goal for Russia.

Sweden vs Finland at 3PM.

Just going to hang around the dungeon for a full day of junior and Islanders hockey, great day.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Yeah they try to prove they are smarter than everyone else by going off the radar instead of taking the talented guy that is a great value.

Drafting based off of your scouts' opinion instead of who has the highest value based on the scouting bureau's rankings is such a unique philosophy in the NHL. The Islanders are really trying to go against the grain by doing so.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Another PP for Russia, woo! Half the period has been spent on the PK.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Can we stay out of the box? Jeez.

Not saying that the Russians have been embellishing at all, but the US really need to not give the refs anything if that's how this game is going to be called.

I think they're literally going to spend half the first perid on the PK.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Not saying that the Russians have been embellishing at all, but the US really need to not give the refs anything if that's how this game is going to be called.

I absolutely agree, they need to adjust to the refs at this point. You can't play half the game shorthanded.

What's that now 5 penalties?

Yep, it'd be bad if it were 5 over the whole game...but 5 in one period is just ugly.

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls

Couldn't agree more. Gotta get stay disciplined.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I absolutely agree, they need to adjust to the refs at this point. You can't play half the game shorthanded.

Yep, it'd be bad if it were 5 over the whole game...but 5 in one period is just ugly.

It's especially bad since the Russians have been called for 0 penalties. But yeah, got play as disciplined and clean as possible, since apparently every stick tap is going to get called.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Another one...this is getting ridiculous. Unfortunately, I have to head to work after this PK so I can't finish this one out.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
And before I got out of my chair, there's penalty #7 right after #6 ended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad