Blue Jays GDT: (2015 v5) NEXT: @ Cle | Sun, May 3| 1PM ET/10am PT | Hutchison vs Bauer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
no it's a result of a pitching coach who doesn't know how to maximize that talent. A good pitching coach will be able to mold that pure stuff into a good pitcher.

By that logic then all the pitching coaches in the organization need to be fired. Top to bottom. Minor leagues. Development leagues, etc.

It's not like they just forgot how to pitch when they reached the bigs.

Right?

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Pete Walker should be gone by now. I mean, someone's gotta be made an example for this ****show. This will probably end up costing AA his job after this year. He won't be able to witness the fruits of his drafting labor, but I'm fine with that, because with the length of time it takes prospects to develop, very few GM's do.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Every year it's the same ****. People making excuses for coaches or players who are incompetent. There's absolutely no accountability or standard of winning since 93. How can anyone be happy with this garbage?

Disagreeing with your statements means we are happy with the product? Check the emotion at the door then maybe we can have a conversation.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I'm sorry Gibby and Walker. You likely will have to be sacrificial lambs.

Hire Oswaldo José "Ozzie" Guillén Barrios for the rest of the season after we fire Gibby

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Every year it's the same ****. People making excuses for coaches or players who are incompetent. There's absolutely no accountability or standard of winning since 93. How can anyone be happy with this garbage?

Blaming the coaches is one thing, but in the end the players on the field have to perform and while you can likely blame some of it on coaching if its the entire staff its probably more to it than just 1 issue.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Disagreeing with your statements means we are happy with the product? Check the emotion at the door then maybe we can have a conversation.

Why shouldn't Walker be fired? He doesn't exactly have a long track record of success. He was hired because he was a former Jay and organizational man. He was not the best pitching coach available. You have a young staff that needs an experienced pitching coach with a long track record.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Blaming the coaches is one thing, but in the end the players on the field have to perform and while you can likely blame some of it on coaching if its the entire staff its probably more to it than just 1 issue.

I don't think the coaches are all to blame but it's the coaches job to suggest adjustments and make pitchers better. You hear stories all the time around the league of pitching coaches making big impressions on young pitchers. How come when Walker goes out to the mound the pitchers don't get into a groove after a meeting? It doesn't seem to have any positive impact.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Why shouldn't Walker be fired? He doesn't exactly have a long track record of success. He was hired because he was a former Jay and organizational man. He was not the best pitching coach available. You have a young staff that needs an experienced pitching coach with a long track record.

He might be a scapegoat but this goes deeper than coaching. Just like a manager can only do so much. I dont think you can attribute multiple players struggling at once to siimply coaching. One of many factors, perhaps. The players just need to be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad