Blue Jays GDT: 2015 v48)ALDS Game 1: vs TEX | Thu, Oct 8 | 3:30pm ET/12:30pm PT | Gallardo vs Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It ain't over yet. Glad that Donaldson and Bautista should be back for tomorrow.

If they were out for an extended period, i would agree the series is over. But nope, this one is just getting started

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I had a bad feeling about this game. It's far from over though.

funny you say that. I was also leery about it. I'm not nearly excited this time round as I was in 1992-1993. I think it's because I don't see them going all the way this time. I'm not sure they match up against the other remaining teams

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I think this is exactly why Stroman needed to start Game 2. Win, and try and go for the stranglehold heading into their park. Lose, and have your next best pitcher try to stop the bleeding.

Thank goodness the game starts early tomorrow. Not enough time to stew over this.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
"anti-climatic" is the right word - they barely showed up today. Not the Jays we're used to seeing. Probably just nervousness and pressure. Hopefully it will pass by tomorrow. We know how much these guys can come back, so this ain't over yet. But there's no such thing as a game that's "okay to lose" in the post season, being down one is never good

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Price has had troubles with Texas in the past as well.. Didn't add up nicely today.

I'll be concerned if they lose tomorrow

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Fox has MLB playoff broadcasting rights .. Which sucks. I missed the pitch tracker and everything for the one inning I was able to watch today
Ahh, thanks.
Has this always been like this? I understand it was probably all to do with money, but that pretty much sucks for ALL fans on both sides. The broadcasters didn't seem all that interested in the game...it sounded very flat and frankly boring.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I think this is exactly why Stroman needed to start Game 2. Win, and try and go for the stranglehold heading into their park. Lose, and have your next best pitcher try to stop the bleeding.

Thank goodness the game starts early tomorrow. Not enough time to stew over this.

Stroman has come up in big games so far, need one tomorrow.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Jays have lost 5 of their past 6 games. Momentum is on Rangers side and this is what had me worried.

what had me worried was that after winning the AL East, they stumbled to the finish line behind K.C... they kind of mailed it in and glided those last few games. That was an indicator right there.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Not worried. Even if we lose the next game. Jays have the players to come back at any time. Jays will win this series.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Jays have lost 5 of their past 6 games. Momentum is on Rangers side and this is what had me worried.

How many of those games did the Jays have their ideal lineup?

Sunday was a pen day. No real starter
Saturday Tulo didn't play
Wednesday game 2/Thursday the scrubs played.

obviously they still lost those games, and it's not an excuse but you can't really go off momentum. The Jays have lost their last 1 games with the players that are playing this series.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
We should have a significant pitching advantage in game #3. If both teams decide to run out 4 starters, we'll also have an advantage in game 4. Our team has a career .857 ops against Cole Hamels, and that's not including Donaldson.

We're still fine, in short.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
We should have a significant pitching advantage in game #3. If both teams decide to run out 4 starters, we'll also have an advantage in game 4. Our team has a career .857 ops against Cole Hamels, and that's not including Donaldson.

We're still fine, in short.

True. We knew that Gallardo might be trouble and quiet the Jays offense... Too bad Price continued his struggles against the Rangers.

Big momentum game tomorrow though - Stroman has to come up big and if the Jays can get the W I like their chances the rest of the way

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Must-win tomorrow. Can't afford to go down 2-0 heading to Texas.

They get to throw their ace with a chance to put a stranglehold on the series.

Stroman needs to be huge.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
what had me worried was that after winning the AL East, they stumbled to the finish line behind K.C... they kind of mailed it in and glided those last few games. That was an indicator right there.

Overblown. I mean, Price was awful today. If we get usual Price, its a win. I have to say, this loss goes on Price. Hopefully he'll come back stronger next time, he's capable.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
What was the reason for these games being in the evening? Did the MLB even give a reason?

I missed the game because I thought it was at night. Why the hell would a playoff game be played in the evening!?

They thought the Kc vs Houston would draw more viewers in prime time than the Jays vs Texas.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I call Gibbons out on playing the scrubs for two games and letting off on the gas for the final games. Price looked out of routine - after 9 days off - another questionable call by Gibbons.

And thanks for nothing MLB for the crappy start times 3:30 then 12:30 Friday ? Ouch.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Overblown. I mean, Price was awful today. If we get usual Price, its a win. I have to say, this loss goes on Price. Hopefully he'll come back stronger next time, he's capable.

Sitting Price for 9 days is on Gibbons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad