Blue Jays GDT: 2015 v25) Next: @ LA Angels| Fri, Aug 21| 10:00PM ET/7PM PT | Price vs Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
(Gomes was seen as a guy at the time and anybody who says he wasn't is full of it).

Sure, but it's always easier to trade the depth when you're strong at that position. Had they not had JPA they might not have traded Gomes thinking they might need him if D'Arnaud busts. Instead they traded D'Arnaud and could have used Gomes when JPA busted, and AJJ is always hurt. Oh well, we have Martin now.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The thing with the media didn't bother me that much. He was a young guy, struggling and it was really his only off-field hiccup.

I always thought they chose JP over D'Arnaud (Gomes was seen as a guy at the time and anybody who says he wasn't is full of it).

I thought Rogers had starters potential so I didn't complain about the deal, but having Gomes breakout with the Indians does serve as a rather large blemish on the staff's record.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
strikes perhaps. ball wasn't far off the ground when he hit it. It's good that he got a hit but I don't want him swinging at balls out of the zone like he has been. Don't need to expand the strike zone even more....the umps do a good enough job of that already.

but strikes are still balls. They're certainly not gloves :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad