Blue Jays GDT: 2015 v25) Next: @ LA Angels| Fri, Aug 21| 10:00PM ET/7PM PT | Price vs Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
IIRC he had a few good starts but then he got bombed in his last few.

I can remember listening to Jays Talk and guys calling Wilner and teeing off on Wang and Wilner pointing out the team had won three of his five starts and what did people expect? Wang was their 7th or 8th starter in terms of the depth chart and was never supposed to be on the team.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Never hated him. He was a prospect that didn't work out. I always pull for guys they draft and develop.

not even for his ego and the way he blamed the media?

Just like Boneface was supposed to be our 2nd baseman for a while. JPA was supposed to be the catcher of the future, and we traded D'Arnaud and Gomes because we had JPA. They're not all that dissimilar expect Bonaface wasn't totally useless since he left.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Josh Johnson?

I know he had injuries and never recovered but that was a bigger failure than boneface, even though they were in the same deal.

Josh was a failure since he was damaged goods as opposed to flat out an implosion of pure, unadultered suck. Had 2 buttons: "amazing" and injured". Can only press the injured button so many times before you can't push the amazing button anymore. Kinda like tilting a pinball table.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
I can remember listening to Jays Talk and guys calling Wilner and teeing off on Wang and Wilner pointing out the team had won three of his five starts and what did people expect? Wang was their 7th or 8th starter in terms of the depth chart and was never supposed to be on the team.

From June 11, the date Wang was added to their roster, to June 23, the Blue Jays went on an 11-game winning streak. Wang started three games during the streak, pitching at least 6 innings in each and compiling an ERA of 2.18.[41] Wang followed up his successful streak by starting two games in which he was unable to make it out of the second inning. On June 27, Wang pitched 12⁄3 innings against the Boston Red Sox and surrendered 6 hits and 7 earned runs. On July 2, he also pitched only 12⁄3 innings and gave up 8 hits and 6 earned runs to the Detroit Tigers. After the Tigers game, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons announced that Wang had been designated for assignment.[42] Wang was reported to be willing to accept an assignment to Triple-A Buffalo[43] and was outrighted to Buffalo on July 5.[44] Wang was added to the Blue Jays roster again on August 24, and designated for assignment on August 26. After clearing waivers, he was again outrighted to the Buffalo Bisons.[45] He became a free agent on October 1.

From Wang's Wikipedia page. I remember the puns made from his name once he was DFA'd, "Chien-Ming Gone" was one of them :laugh:

mikebel111*

I was going to say everyone has contributed today except for Pillar than he gets a double
Nice Revere and he gets to 3rd too. This Defence:laugh:

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
not even for his ego and the way he blamed the media?

Just like Boneface was supposed to be our 2nd baseman for a while. JPA was supposed to be the catcher of the future, and we traded D'Arnaud and Gomes because we had JPA. They're not all that dissimilar expect Bonaface wasn't totally useless since he left.

The thing with the media didn't bother me that much. He was a young guy, struggling and it was really his only off-field hiccup.

I always thought they chose JP over D'Arnaud (Gomes was seen as a guy at the time and anybody who says he wasn't is full of it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad