OT: 2015 Redskins Part VIII: Skins Offseason: Hello, Norman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
To me Barry's incompetence is is shining through. We should be playing press coverage. Does he not recognize the receivers he's playing against?

Ovechkin

Sep 14, 2005
Part of rebuilding the defense is bringing in a real coach who knows what he's doing.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
To me Barry's incompetence is is shining through. We should be playing press coverage. Does he not recognize the receivers he's playing against?

Well the one CB, who is a converted WR, is not playing press coverage for a reason.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
terrible gap control up front. GB run game is the difference now

Ovechkin

Sep 14, 2005
It's another classic Washington sports playoff performance. No clue as to what it takes to win in a tough spot.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
defense is just flat

The huge cushion given (and confusion) on that 3rd and 3 is vintage Skins D this season Barry has called a decent game or two this season, so did Hassett. No excuse to not be playing man to man and bumping receivers on the line. We've made his receivers look like all-pros. The d-line has regressed from last season run defending. Only area you could argue he's done well is secondary play.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
You can see on an individual level this defense has not been well-coached. Guys who have traditionally been decent run stoppers have regressed. If McCloughan is as capable a GM as he seems, he needs to talk to Gruden this offseason and convince him to fire Barry.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
You can see on an individual level this defense has not been well-coached. Guys who have traditionally been decent run stoppers have regressed. If McCloughan is as capable a GM as he seems, he needs to talk to Gruden this offseason and convince him to fire Barry.

If Barry is fired I hope you apply for his job.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
If Barry is fired I hope you apply for his job.

I can see a car that rattles and is poorly engineered, doesn't mean I know how to fix it. But I know there are better engineered cars out there and I know there are guys who design those better engineered cars. You have Hatcher and Knighton who are decent interior linemen, you have a good run stopping OLB in Kerrigan, and you have guys in Riley and Robinson who have been good run stoppers in their careers. No way this run defense should be as bad as it is. The soft DB play on 3rd and 3-4 reflects squarely on him. He is overconfident in his pass rush. There is little stunting on the d-line, he thinks his line can just bull rush its way to the QB.

He's horrible. Doesn't take a coach to recognize that.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I'm pretty much ready to say goodbye to Jackson. He was utterly useless today.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Get a 3 and out and the rookie calls for a fair catch inside the 10. That's not on the coaches, that's on the dumb **** rookie.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Kirk double clutching and missing throws. His worst game in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad