Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part VI | Rejoice, it's Draft Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
I was thinking Reilly might sign here instead of the Wild. Good pick up for them.

I do hope we are moving out Cowen in a scenario later this evening or tomorrow. Still have too many D and Wideman at least deserves a look.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I started off at laughing about the trade, but now i just feel sad for Bruin fans. I have no ill will towards to the Bruins or their fans. They don't deserve this.

Hopefully their picks turn into good NHL players.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Good lord, can you imagine if we did something like that?

The equivalent for us would be trading Stone for a mid 1st, 2nd, and 4th rounder.

Even then, I think Hamilton is a better player and should hold more value then Stone.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Why not give up others first though?

Worst case can't Boston afford a buyout?

You can't just make another trade happen because you need it to.

You don't trade Seguin for cap room. You trade someone like Lucic to create room for Seguin.

You trade Sedeinberg, not Hamilton.

They needed help on the wing and were set at C: that's why they gave up the C to get an 80 point winger and keep Lucic.

What if no one wants Sedeinberg?

Dude, if you can get Hamilton signed at $5.5 million long term, you do it, and dump the rest of your contracts.

You don't trade the stud 22 year old defenseman to make the dollars work.

It would be like Chicago trading Keith so they can keep Vermette and Sharp.

You can't just create a trading partner out of thin air

It's a bad trade but the truth is that they were stuck between a rock and a hard place and Hamilton made things worse by asking for that kind of money when he knew full well it wasn't possible. Crappy day for Boston fans that's for sure...

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I would give both our first and one second for Hamilton lol. Boston screwed up.

At least they won a cup couple years ago.

x Karlsson x 65

Taste the Rainbow
Apr 21, 2014
Moncton
I started off at laughing about the trade, but now i just feel sad for Bruin fans. I have no ill will towards to the Bruins or their fans. They don't deserve this.

Hopefully their picks turn into good NHL players.

They take Bracco and Garland and suddenly have 2 Gaudreaus on the same line :nod:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I was thinking Reilly might sign here instead of the Wild. Good pick up for them.

I do hope we are moving out Cowen in a scenario later this evening or tomorrow. Still have too many D and Wideman at least deserves a look.

his dad is like part owner of the wild or has some type of ownership bought position

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I really like Lehner and I think his career is only just beginning. This certainly has the potential to backfire horribly.

But right now that's solid value. Especially in this draft.

This is exactly right. I would only add that if he fulfills his potential and our team still isn't good enough to beat him, then we'd still get beat in the SCF anyway.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I would give both our first and one second for Hamilton lol. Boston screwed up.

At least they won a cup couple years ago.

Knowing Jacobs I think it's safe to say he was a big part as to why Hamilton went out West

When did they get an 80 point winger?

Then trade someone else.

Eriksson was a machine when they got him. He got concussed twice and is now nowhere near the level he was when in Dallas.

Ok so he never did get 80. Fine a 70 point winger

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Seguin wasn't going to be the player he is right now if he'd have stayed in Boston. There were plenty of issues, and being traded was a big wakeup call for Seguin.

No sure I agree with you on this, more likely Neely convinced the Jacobs that a player of Seguin's character didn't belong.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Boston has the most incompetent management group in the league.

Trades Seguin for Eriksson and R.Smith
Screws up cap situation, resulting in Iginla walking
Forced to trade Boychuk for picks
Uses those picks to acquire a struggling forward in Connolly
Trades Soderberg for a 6th
Trades a young top pairing defenseman for an awful return

They found a way to turn Seguin, Hamilton, Boychuk, Soderberg into Eriksson, Smith, Connolly, 15th overall, 2nd, 2nd :laugh:

Hamilton reportedly asking for 5.5 per long term.

Getting Hamilton, a #1 D in the making, for anywhere around 5.5M long-term is a steal.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I was surprised at how many media people were speculating that we'd look at packaging our first round picks

It made no sense to me, this needs to keep at least one of the picks for sure

If a move is made with one of the picks expect it to be at the very last minute possible

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
Seguin wasn't going to be the player he is right now if he'd have stayed in Boston. There were plenty of issues, and being traded was a big wakeup call for Seguin.

Did you read Seguins article on the subject?

He disagrees with you, felt like Boston gave up on him too early. Obviously two side to the story but from what Seguin wrote it seemed like the off ice issues were not very significant. From my perspective it seemed like Boston did a poor job of helping a young kid transition to the NHL.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
No sure I agree with you on this, more likely Neely convinced the Jacobs that a player of Seguin's character didn't belong.

We know how Chara felt about Seguin as well

It wasn't a good fit and Boston got the piece they were looking for. Unfortunately he got concussed twice after that so he declined rather quickly.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I'd be happy with packaging 21 and 48 to move up to the 14-16 range.

Maybe Edm would be interested in an extra pick?

16 for 21 + 48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad