Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part VI | Rejoice, it's Draft Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
All because they traded Seguin for quantity.

This needs to die

Had they not traded Seguin they could very well be in a much, much worse situation

Boston is supposed to raise their ticket prices next year, this was something that kept getting brought up by McGuire on the morning show as a reason as to why Boston not making the playoffs would lead to heads rolling; if they do trade Lucic then I wonder if they are going to go in reverse and rebuild and not raise ticket prices...

Strange move but I maintain that Hamilton saw a way to get out of Boston and get paid and took it moreso than Boston giving up

Oil For The Boys

Jan 7, 2013
Why wouldn't they have just traded Lucic and then try to sign Hamilton? I'm sure they could've found a deal for Eriksson. Sounds like there's a lot more going on in Boston than just cap problems

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
How so? I see them in a much, much better situation with Seguin.

They just let go a 22 year old top pairing dman because of cap problems

You seriously think that Seguin breaking out in Boston, like most people seem to assume is a given (I do not), wouldn't have lead to similar problems?

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Boston board is saying that Hamilton was asking for a long term deal at $5.5 million per year.

:amazed:

I'm pretty sad we are in the same division as Boston now.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Seguin wasn't going to be the player he is right now if he'd have stayed in Boston. There were plenty of issues, and being traded was a big wakeup call for Seguin.
Perhaps
They just let go a 22 year old top pairing dman because of cap problems

You seriously think that Seguin breaking out in Boston, like most people seem to assume is a given (I do not), wouldn't have lead to similar problems?

You don't trade Seguin for cap room. You trade someone like Lucic to create room for Seguin.

You trade Sedeinberg, not Hamilton.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
The guy is a stud and I'd argue well worth it and Boston knows it

They just couldn't make it fit

Dude, if you can get Hamilton signed at $5.5 million long term, you do it, and dump the rest of your contracts.

You don't trade the stud 22 year old defenseman to make the dollars work.

It would be like Chicago trading Keith so they can keep Vermette and Sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad