Proposal: 2015 Offseason Trade Rumours and Proposals | Part III | 19 Goalies and Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If we must trade Lehner(but I hope we don't) really hope Murray makes a package for Draisaitl. Dude could become our Toews, if all develops correctly.

Draisaitl doesn't even have close to the drive & determination to succeed that Toews has.

Drai is massively inconsistent - always has been. He's far closer to the Joe Thornton end of that spectrum than he is to Toews.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Still think we have the potential to get ROR, Wiercioch just seems like a good piece for them with his age cap and potential - we would obviously need to add. Our 1st + Puempel Chiasson or Michalek/Macarthur

Zibanejad-ROR-Stone
Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
Macarthur-Pageau-Lazar

if we are getting a top 6 guy for Lehner, we are either adding a significant amount to get Eberle or maybe Oshie. People never speculate on what Buffalo would offer...would hate to see BM get a guy like Moulson..yuck lol

I could see Buffalo offering Mouslon especially that they just got Kane who plays the same side. Moulson has a 4 years left at 5M cap hit and his salary drops to 3M in the last year. I could see Murray taking a shot at that. I surely hope he doesn't.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Murray said he will trade the goalie he gets the best offer for. Lehner seems to be getting much more interest then anderson which isnt surprising considering the cap crunch and andy's age.

Part of Murray's job is to manipulate fan expectations and manipulate trading partners with what he says to the media.

I really think they know which goalie they want to keep and are just putting them both out there because it makes teams who want Anderson have to compete against teams who want Lehner and vice versa, thus driving up the price of the goalie they want to trade.

It doesn't mean they couldn't change their mind if someone offered them something stupidly huge for the one they wanted to keep, but Anderson and Lehner are very different pieces, so I don't buy that they don't know who they intend to move and will decide based on the best offer.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Part of Murray's job is to manipulate fan expectations and manipulate trading partners with what he says to the media.

I really think they know which goalie they want to keep and are just putting them both out there because it makes teams who want Anderson have to compete against teams who want Lehner and vice versa, thus driving up the price of the goalie they want to trade.

It doesn't mean they couldn't change their mind if someone offered them something stupidly huge for the one they wanted to keep, but Anderson and Lehner are very different pieces, so I don't buy that they don't know who they intend to move and will decide based on the best offer.

Possibly but Murray is renowned around here for his honesty. I dont think he really cares about manipulating fans, trading partners or players.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Yep ,all of this is logical .They know whom they want to keep but they need to fill a hole ,and also clear out some cap

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I could see Buffalo offering Mouslon especially that they just got Kane who plays the same side. Moulson has a 4 years left at 5M cap hit and his salary drops to 3M in the last year. I could see Murray taking a shot at that. I surely hope he doesn't.

Moulson has a NTC

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Who wouldn't waive to move from Buffalo to Ottawa?

Moulson maybe? I mean he was traded away from Buffalo and then came back and asked for a NTC.

I would thibk he knew what he was getting into. He must have reasons for being there or like the city.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Yea Drai would be Kopitar best case scenario. They play very alike. Lazar is more like Toews(without as much skill lol).

Lazar is very skilled just lacks an offensive mind set or offensive hockey sense.

He has good hand, good passer and great shot. He didnt show much this year though but hes skilled.

Ive watched him but i mean i dont think players get taken 2nd in the WHL draft without having skill. When he was younger he seemed to be more offensive but hes seems to have been over coached

Last edited:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
What do you think Edmonton would give us for a Lehner and Cowen? If both played to their potential it would address their two biggest holes.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
What do you think Edmonton would give us for a Lehner and Cowen? If both played to their potential it would address their two biggest holes.

This is the million dollar question. Cowen and Lehner would fill holes that Edmonton has for sure, but neither has played up to potential lately and both are question marks going forward. If I am Edmonton I would not spend a major trade chip on this type of deal because there is a chance that neither need (especially on D) is actually filled at the end of the day.

As a Sens fan, if a deal goes ahead with this type of package I would cross my finger that Edmonton gives up the second of its first rounders (16th overall) plus a couple of players that would level out the contracts a bit. I really covet that pick from Edmonton, because it will end up being a very good player.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
This is the million dollar question. Cowen and Lehner would fill holes that Edmonton has for sure, but neither has played up to potential lately and both are question marks going forward. If I am Edmonton I would not spend a major trade chip on this type of deal because there is a chance that neither need (especially on D) is actually filled at the end of the day.

As a Sens fan, if a deal goes ahead with this type of package I would cross my finger that Edmonton gives up the second of its first rounders (16th overall) plus a couple of players that would level out the contracts a bit. I really covet that pick from Edmonton, because it will end up being a very good player.

I think this is exactly the expectation. Forget the Yak and Drai stuff, won't happen. The pick, a lesser prospect and a smaller contract.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I was thinking both Lehner and Cowen for that. Despite the crap Cowen gets here, he still holds a fair bit of value and lots of upside.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
The discussion was about the value of a Lehner/Cowen package.

i dont think cowen adds much value and edmontom already has klef, nurse and marincin on the left side devolping. Even with nuse in the ahl i dont think cowen is the right fit given his own struggles. Lehner+Cowen is a lot of salary/cap might deny them thr ability to add an established d

if cowen is moved id like him out west though

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
i dont think cowen adds much value and edmontom already has klef, nurse and marincin on the left side devolping. Even with nuse in the ahl i dont think cowen is the right fit given his own struggles. Lehner+Cowen is a lot of salary/cap might deny them thr ability to add an established d

if cowen is moved id like him out west though

Yup, solid point about what they have in their system. I took the salary into account when I said they would insist on other pieces coming back to level out contracts a bit.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014

Yak will be the guy that Edmonton tries to move out, anyone else is gonna cost extra.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What about:

Lehner, Pageau, Cowen, 2nd

To Ottawa:

Shultz, Yakupov

I think we are giving too much for Yakupov... He has not done much. Has been healthy scratch .. he is struggling... remind you of anyone.

If would not give Lehner for him. I would say Cowen ( for those wanting to give up on him) straight up. Both are young. Both have shown some potential.. both have struggled. It could help both teams.

Don't trade Pageau or make very sure you are getting at least equal value that can play back.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
What about:

Lehner, Pageau, Cowen, 2nd

To Ottawa:

Shultz, Yakupov

Pageau is our heart & soul guy. He needs to be here. Everything turned around when he was called up.

As to the ROR thoughts, his agent (per TSN) is asking for a 7 year/50M contract from the Avs as a starting point. That may not fit our budget at all. And there is no guarantee he'll sign here if we trade for him. Be expensive to get too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad