2015 NHL Playoff Races [w/ Magic Numbers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Sorry we couldn't close it out in regulation. I hope you guys keep winning. I'm pulling for you guys to sneak in ahead of the Kings. They're seriously the worst.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
This playoff race is more stressful than school for me now. It makes homework and studying not seem so bad because the whole time im checking score updates begging for other teams to just once lose.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
That would put us at 89 points with 8 games remaining. So yeah, I would say 3 wins is probably the minimum here.

I agree with you, II.

But the Flames have a huge opportunity to take 8 points away from teams that aren't in the playoff picture... 6 points is ok, but 8 would be a statement and IMO, cement our playoff position. (we'd need 7 more points out of 16 remaining possible points)

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
That would put us at 89 points with 8 games remaining. So yeah, I would say 3 wins is probably the minimum here.

I don't think 3 wins will do it. People say we have an easy schedule, but our upcoming 5 game road trip is a bit scary and I wouldn't be surprised if we only amass 5 pts when it's over. We need to make the most of this homestand, and aiming for just over .500 is too risky; we need something to fall back on if we struggle afterwards.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
I don't think 3 wins will do it. People say we have an easy schedule, but our upcoming 5 game road trip is a bit scary and I wouldn't be surprised if we only amass 5 pts when it's over. We need to make the most of this homestand, and aiming for just over .500 is too risky; we need something to fall back on if we struggle afterwards.

Well obviously winning every game would be ideal, but realistically speaking, it's not so much setting a bar for what we need as it is for what we can't afford. I personally think we are hooped unless we win three of our next four, starting with Philly.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Sorry guys for letting LA get a point. I'm really pulling for u guys to make the playoffs

We have a really big stretch of games coming up here against the Flyers, Jackets, Avs and Stars. I don't think we can afford to lose more than 1 of those games. I definitely think it's doable to win all 4 but we need to be playing at our best.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I can't help but be pissed that if we miss the playoffs, it's because of the Jets and Kings surplus of loser points.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
I can't help but be pissed that if we miss the playoffs, it's because of the Jets and Kings surplus of loser points.

If the Flames dont make the playoffs its because they didnt win enough games. Right now the Flames are in complete control over if they make it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce