2015 NHL Playoff Races [w/ Magic Numbers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
St.Louis has been useless in the out-of-town scoreboard... I feel like they never beat the teams we need them to beat... besides lucking out against Winnipeg with the centre ice goal.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
laioZOc.gif

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Jets win 3-0.

It's looking more and more like the last playoff spot is gonna be between the Flames and Kings. We gotta hope this 5 game roadie for LA is bad for them... and that our own road trip doesn't wreck us. :(

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Jets win 3-0.

It's looking more and more like the last playoff spot is gonna be between the Flames and Kings. We gotta hope this 5 game roadie for LA is bad for them... and that our own road trip doesn't wreck us. :(

I'm so damn nervous.. I think you're right too... No margin for error.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Looking at the standings this morning, I don't think we're catching Minnesota or Vancouver. I also think the teams with 78 points (Colorado, Dallas & San Jose) are also quite likely out of the race.

That leaves Winnipeg, Los Angeles, & Calgary. I think the Kings may have the toughest schedule on paper, assuming the teams at the top of the standings show up to play each night.

As long as the Flames beat the teams below them in the standings, they should make the playoffs. It may very well come down to the final two games of the season - against Winnipeg & Los Angeles.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
A win tonight would be massive for the Flames. We'll still control our own destiny at the very least.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Right now, we have 84 points with 10 games remaining. If we go 6-4 over that stretch, that will give us 96 points and likely a guaranteed spot. I think it's doable and I'll be in crow thread.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I think these next two games against Colorado and Dallas will tell us all we need to know.

If we can beat them (or at least not lose embarrassingly) then I think we will be fine to accumulate points from the non-playoff teams we have left to play. But if we can't even beat Colorado or Dallas, we're going to be in a tough spot and will have to PRAY for LA to not do so well on their road trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->