2015 NHL Draft Thread III (6/26-7PM, 6/27-10AM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
TSN's Top 75.

Also found this to be suprising when you click on names you get a little report on each player.

PROJECTION: NO. 2 COMPLETE DEFENCEMAN
Ivan understands the game extremely well and is able to use his considerable talents to contribute in any area and every situation. Calm, poised and competitive he is in command when he’s on the ice. The best defenceman in this draft and I see him as a number one who will anchor a blue line.

NHL COMPARABLE: MARK GIORDANO, CALGARY FLAMES

Last edited:

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Looking at the list- We should be able to get some good prospects in the 2nd and 3rd round. I pondered the idea of us trading up to get another 1st round draft pick with all of our 2nds and 3rds a couple months ago (assuming we don't give a ton up). But, I'm starting to really like the idea of staying put or trading back if needed. Seems to be some good talent scattered throughout this list. I know everyone won't hit their full potential, but I'm assuming we get a couple good "hits" with 6 picks in the top #70

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Who does the "projection", that lists Provorov as #2? Obviously Button thinks he's going to be a #1D but they also have the projection under Button's heading.

Craigs-List-Craig-Button.png

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Personally I want Werenski but after this f.. Reilly case I'm not sure..

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Guess Button isn't a fan of top Defenseman that are known as "safe" picks. But I never expect much from his rankings/insights anyways.

At best, a contrarian and at worst, insane. Matt Finn at #8?

And supposedly, was almost named GM of the Jackets.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
So on TSN's final rankings, when they project a player like Rantanen as a No. 1-2 Winger, does that mean he's projected as the 1st or 2nd best winger on his team? Or as a 1st or 2nd liner? Big difference between the two.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Tell me again that this isn't becoming a trend.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/21/hobey-baker-finalist-hyman-wont-sign-with-florida/

University of Michigan senior Zach Hyman — taken by Florida in the fifth round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft — has informed the Panthers he won’t be signing an entry-level deal with the club.

Maybe this doesn't apply to the top guys but I believe that you really have to consider this when looking at guys in lower rounds. And I don't think you can ignore it completely with a guy like Werenski.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
How many first rounders have done it?

As far as I know none...yet. (Big OOPS- Kevin Hayes from the Blackhawks) I have said this before but I think the thing with Werenski is his age.. He is still only 17. After next season he is only 18. If he decides to stay for his third year I think then it becomes something to worry about. Its a big risk/reward scenario in my mind. Hanifin I worry less about because he is higher rated now and he probably won't be available for us anyway

Suppose, the Jackets don't make the playoffs the next two years. Now remember I said suppose. If you're a college kid there's two ways of looking at it - 1) these guys suck I want nothing to do with them or 2) hey, great opportunity to get ice time right away.

Could go either way in my mind. If Werenski were the only really good player available he's worth the gamble. But he's not so it gives me reason to pause. Heck, for all the BPA advocates, he probably won't be the highest rated guy on our list when #8 comes around.

Last edited:

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
As far as I know none...yet. (Big OOPS- Kevin Hayes from the Blackhawks) I have said this before but I think the thing with Werenski is his age.. He is still only 17. After next season he is only 18. If he decides to stay for his third year I think then it becomes something to worry about. Its a big risk/reward scenario in my mind. Hanifin I worry less about because he is higher rated now and he probably won't be available for us anyway

Suppose, the Jackets don't make the playoffs the next two years. Now remember I said suppose. If you're a college kid there's two ways of looking at it - 1) these guys suck I want nothing to do with them or 2) hey, great opportunity to get ice time right away.

Could go either way in my mind. If Werenski were the only really good player available he's worth the gamble. But he's not so it gives me reason to pause. Heck, for all the BPA advocates, he probably won't be the highest rated guy on our list when #8 comes around.

Yeah. I'd definitely be concerned. You can't just throw away picks like that. I can't even believe this rule exists. Its garbage.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

Wouldn't even think about it for a second for a first rounder. Would think about it for maybe one second for everyone else. If I think player A is the best, I am drafting him.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Really hope we go for Roslovic. Having a home grown Central Ohio boy on the roster would be great. Plus he is a really, really talented player.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Really hope we go for Roslovic. Having a home grown Central Ohio boy on the roster would be great. Plus he is a really, really talented player.

How talented is he? I tried to watch video highlights of him and all the plays (or at least most of them) were of him getting a pass on front and shooting it. I know it showed some skill, but it showed know skills other than his ability to score from like 10 feet and in.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
With 5 second and third round picks, I wouldn't be opposed to the Jackets using one of them (not #34) on Mackenzie Blackwood. I would consider 38, but he may be around for the other picks and I would definitely be happy with getting him at any of those. Throwing a dart at the top ranked CHL goalie in the draft, when you are still filling the stable with other prospects is a fine approach in my book.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
With 5 second and third round picks, I wouldn't be opposed to the Jackets using one of them (not #34) on Mackenzie Blackwood. I would consider 38, but he may be around for the other picks and I would definitely be happy with getting him at any of those. Throwing a dart at the top ranked CHL goalie in the draft, when you are still filling the stable with other prospects is a fine approach in my book.

There is probably only one goalie (Samsonov) I would draft in the first 3 rounds this year if I were Columbus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad