2015 NHL Draft Thread III (6/26-7PM, 6/27-10AM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Inquiring minds want to know why there have been 65 views of a thread with no posts till this one? :dunno:

Eikka

May 21, 2015
More from the rumor department. Could Hanifin slide all the way to #8

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
So much time before the draft. Teams probably haven't even decided who they want aside from Edmonton and Buffalo. It's all just speculation.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Depends on highly we rate Hanifin. If we believe he is a sure shot #1 then I'd do it in a heartbeat. Others will agree;others will disagree.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I dont buy it. Hanifin will be gone by 6 at the absolute latest

Why? Because he had a lot of hype a year or two ago? I am not saying he won't. Things change though. Some guys don't keep improving at the same rate. Others get better. We have no idea what NHL teams think of these prospects outside of the top 2 and I bet some teams don't even have those two in the same order we would expect.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Why? Because he had a lot of hype a year or two ago? I am not saying he won't. Things change though. Some guys don't keep improving at the same rate. Others get better. We have no idea what NHL teams think of these prospects outside of the top 2 and I bet some teams don't even have those two in the same order we would expect.
Im pretty sure Jarmo himself said that the top 3 were pretty much set in stone and that there was no trading for them. Im assuming he was talking about Mcdavid, Eichel and Hanafin.

Also, i guarantee every single team in the league has the top two in the exact same order. This isnt like previous years where you could argue Tyler vs Taylor, Jones vs McKinnon vs Drouin. Its Mcdavid and then Eichel. Period.

After that I think thats when the lists start changing team by team. Its true Hanifin might not be #3 on every teams list, but I'd wager all my vcash hes in damn near every teams top 5. Maybe we get lucky and he drops because every team has one player ahead of him in the top 5 who falls, but I highly, HIGHLY doubt it. If he does ill very happily take any flak for being wrong.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I dont buy it. Hanifin will be gone by 6 at the absolute latest

Probably, but the same thing was said about Aaron Rodgers.

In fact, I remember that year when a mock draft came out the night before that had Rodgers sliding not only out of #1, but all the way down to Green Bay who wouldn't have to move up to get him. The guy was universally lambasted, and it turns out he was right.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Weird crap happens every year; Detroit usually benefits from this. Jim Howard was a consensus top-20 pick, and he fell to the bottom of the 2nd round. Calle Jarnkrok was shooting up draft boards and possibly into the top 20, then he ends up in that same area at the bottom of the 2nd. Teemu Pulkkinen fell a good two rounds; they got him. Tomas Tatar was everyone's darkhorse going into the draft; they got him.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Im pretty sure Jarmo himself said that the top 3 were pretty much set in stone and that there was no trading for them. Im assuming he was talking about Mcdavid, Eichel and Hanafin.

Also, i guarantee every single team in the league has the top two in the exact same order. This isnt like previous years where you could argue Tyler vs Taylor, Jones vs McKinnon vs Drouin. Its Mcdavid and then Eichel. Period.

After that I think thats when the lists start changing team by team. Its true Hanifin might not be #3 on every teams list, but I'd wager all my vcash hes in damn near every teams top 5. Maybe we get lucky and he drops because every team has one player ahead of him in the top 5 who falls, but I highly, HIGHLY doubt it. If he does ill very happily take any flak for being wrong.

You would be very surprised then. They may have them the same, but it is almost impossible to get that many GM's to all agree on the same thing ;).

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Weird crap happens every year; Detroit usually benefits from this. Jim Howard was a consensus top-20 pick, and he fell to the bottom of the 2nd round. Calle Jarnkrok was shooting up draft boards and possibly into the top 20, then he ends up in that same area at the bottom of the 2nd. Teemu Pulkkinen fell a good two rounds; they got him. Tomas Tatar was everyone's darkhorse going into the draft; they got him.

Jarmo seems to be good at that too. Heatherington, Bjorkstrand and Moutrey in that situation all in the same draft. I even saw Ryan Collins ranked as high as 32 pre draft

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
@Aportzline: Columbus' Jack Roslovic going through #NHL combine meat-grinder this week. Has met with #CBJ and had psychological testing with CBJ.

@Aportzline: Roslovic's dad was one of the first fans in line to buy #CBJ tickets before the 2000 inaugural season. Said he'd love to be a "city kid."

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I wouldn't mind getting him with one of our 2nd's depending on who else is available.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased

Jiri Hudler was thought to be too small for the rought and tumble NHL and they snagged him late in the second round

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Jiri Hudler was thought to be too small for the rought and tumble NHL and they snagged him late in the second round

Another consensus first-rounder who fell into their laps. I think he was the 3rd-ranked European skater that year.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
@Aportzline: Columbus' Jack Roslovic going through #NHL combine meat-grinder this week. Has met with #CBJ and had psychological testing with CBJ.

@Aportzline: Roslovic's dad was one of the first fans in line to buy #CBJ tickets before the 2000 inaugural season. Said he'd love to be a "city kid."

I'm kind of guessing here, because I don't know for sure, but I believe I used to serve his father, also named Jack Roslovic, at the country club I used to work at. Great guy, and I could only imagine he raised his son very well. Would love for him to be a part of the org.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad