2015 Draft picks updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Would really love to see Lauzon with the Bruins next year if he is able to keep this up.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Looks like he's an All Star in his league at this juncture.

Would be just so ......ng fantastic if he could turn into a special player, we really need that right now :laugh:

indy

Oct 18, 2015
Would be just so ......ng fantastic if he could turn into a special player, we really need that right now :laugh:

Oh I think he is going to be a long time bruin. He has all the tools. The B's future D looks amazing. Add Carlo, Zboril, O’Gara, Grzelcyk, With C. Miller and Krug is only 24 and wow!

jdz

May 22, 2013

Pretty impressive points total for a defenseman. Sounds completely dominant.

Whats the quality of his league like in comparison to the others?

indy

Oct 18, 2015
Good to know. All we see are stats.

I see he was fairly prolific last year, point wise, so maybe he picks it up as the season goes.

I think I read somewhere here that he was named as the toughest guy to play against by players in the Q.

In any case he was drafted right where he was expected to go so many teams valued his game.

Last edited:

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
6 games 0-3-3.

I went to watch him on Saturday but he was suspended. His team really struggles to score goals but is the best defensive team in the Q. Don't expect big numbers from him this year.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Man, I love it when players get drafted low and then take it to another level the following year. I bet plenty of scouts are looking at Lauzon and wishing they'd taken him. We've got a steal on our hands

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I'm not sure he will be a high scorer but he is tough to play against and used in all situations.

Zboril has great offensive skill.

6 points in 5 games in the Hlinka

2 points in 3 games in last year's U18

scored in 2 of 3 games against Canada in WJC camp this summer

scored in the Bruins rookie tournament in Buffalo

Over half a ppg in the Q last year

Basically, he just scores everywhere he goes. Just a slow start this year.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Hit to the head

"Midway through the third period when the score was out of hand at 5-0, 2015 Boston Bruins first-rounder Jakub Zboril (13th overall) laid the lumber on Philippe Sanche. The 6-foot-2 Zboril delivered three cross-checks behind the net on the 5-foot-5 Sanche. He received a cross-checking penalty and an unsportsmanlike misconduct on the play, and is lost for two games."

Sanche is a rat.

indy

Oct 18, 2015
Lauzon with another 2 helpers tonight
Debrusk 1 and 1
Senyshyn 0 points 4 shots

These two games in the third period now
Carlo has an assist
Gabrielle gets his first assist of the year to go with his 8 goals

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Debrusk 1 and 1

Carlo has an assist

All of those picks have NHL upside. Our best draft in years.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Debrusk 1 and 1

Carlo has an assist

certainly a lot to be excited about

thanks for the updates

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm not sure he will be a high scorer but he is tough to play against and used in all situations.

agreed, while he`s certainly not afraid to jump into the play and put pucks at the net, this league is far more an open style and "sometimes" the stats of many players can be a touch misleading.

His strengths are and not necessarily in this order, IMO (keep in mind, I`m as far from qualified as they come:))

1- grit and physicality- takes on anyone

2- very good mobility, excellent turn, retrieve, transition skill

3- intelligent with the puck (Junior level)- no doubt, will take time to adjust as he moves up the ladder

My prediction was/is, he`ll make the decision tough on the coaches next year to keep him or put him in Providence but likely, he`ll be with the Baby B`s, 2017/18, he`ll be on that blue line permanently

Has the potential to be a top pairing guy, but I`m going to guess he`ll be ideal for a 3-4 slot

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Dan , Joe and I started to talk about Lauzon a few months before the draft (thanks to Kirk and RLR) and I'm pretty sure if not injured he would have gone first round . He and Zboril are going to bring the nasty as well .

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Dan , Joe and I started to talk about Lauzon a few months before the draft (thanks to Kirk and RLR) and I'm pretty sure if not injured he would have gone first round . He and Zboril are going to bring the nasty as well .

Zboril reminds me of a slightly cleaner Kasparitis but not by much when it comes to the nasty and willingness

Again, although he has put up pts where and whenever he`s played, I`m not as sure that will occur at the NHL level and not because his skill won`t translate but more because I think he`ll be leaned on more to apply his defensive game first.

One aspect of his game offensively is the kid seems to really be strong in the games I have watched him live getting pucks through traffic , doesn`t do that nauseating massive wind up for the big howitzer I see far too often from D-men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad