2015 Draft picks updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You're getting way ahead of yourself. All 30 teams could be after him. Teams with a much better shot at a Cup. Teams that may be lower in the standings but can put him in the Top 6 immediately. This is far from a sure thing. And please don't call for Sweeney's resignation if they don't get him. He may take a trip to California as part of the FA process. Ya think he'll like it out there with all three teams in the Top 10 in the league? Ya think he'll consider playing with Toews and Kane? Toronto is going to give him whatever he wants. They already employ his dad.

It's not a sure thing, but I dont know how you can read his text and think his dream never has been to play for the Bruins, Bruins should be pretty damm high on his list and I hope Sweeney makes it clear to him that if he wants to sign with Boston he will get signed, I want Sweeney to be all in on him.

The favourite guess right now is that it's between Toronto and Bruins, and I wouldn't be a fan of seeing him go to Toronto.

Last edited:

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
Wow lots of action this time of the year outside the immediate Boston Bruins lockeroom .. this is better then the trade deadline...

Bruins have to sign Grz and O'Gara By Aug 15.. Chudinov's season is over, what will happen with him now? Vesey is testing the free agent market... Carlo is getting his feet wet in Providence... Miller seems to have his confidence going in Providence as well.. Heinen, Senyshyn, Debrusk, Lauzon Zboril all contributing in a huge way for their teams and Gabrielle Fitzgerald have also added to their teams as well.... Bruins still have 2 first rounders this year and the top 20 crop looks very good...

Did I miss something??

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
No question the B's will be in on Vesey - given his family ties to the Leafs (for whom his father works as a scout) & the Leafs having a LOT of available, immediate spots in their top 6 - I would see them as the stiffest competition. But he's a Boston kid, played college hockey in Boston. The B's definitely have a natural advantage on New England players being the "local" team. Tanev, too, could be a significant target.

The biggest issue the B's may run into is the 50 contract limit. B's are at 47 contracts right now and don't have a lot of wiggle room without waiving/releasing someone. Obviously, that likely means a low-ceiling depth guy in Providence is a probability for the waiver wire.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Had read somewhere that one of the reasons Chicago feels free to overpay for players at the deadline is that it is very good at attracting/enticing college UFAs to come there (as well as KHL UFAs like Artemi Panarin). The allure of playing on a Cup-level team with Kane/Toews/Hossa/Keith that also has salary cap issues & will therefore have immediate spots available makes them attractive. Big market, too, doesn't hurt.

Krug, Acciari, Vatrano are college UFAs who were contributing big in Boston within a year of their signings (or, in Krug's case, shortly after a year). That can salve some of the wounds of giving away 2nd-rounders for Brett Connolly and Lee Stempniak. Sweeney, obviously, has been strong at getting good college UFAs to come to Boston. With the number of high-level New England-based college programs in the Bruins' backyard (four of them being in the city itself) and the number of players growing up in New England as Bruins fans, followers, et al, the B's certainly have a natural advantage that nobody (save maybe the Minnesota Wild with the Minnesota kids/programs) else really possesses with regards to college UFAs ... and teams like the Blackhawks that can provide the trifecta of big market, immediate time and a Cup-level team.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Right. I understand your point. It's mine your not getting.

Let me put it this way:

Assume the Bruins took Zboril/Barzal/Senyshyn and then the Isles took DeBrusk. And DeBrusk was next on the Bruins list. Does that make DeBrusk a reach? You don't know because you don't know how the teams had them ranked.

That was my original post. Not that Barzal/Connor weren't legitimately in that area, but the only evidence there is that DeBrusk was not is "Public lists".

Determining whats is a "reach" from a handful of public lists is futile. Determining how 30 NHL teams had them ranked is what matters.

As for the bolded, I would like to see where they were on "most teams big boards." If you don't want to post it publicly, can you pm it to me?

See, that's my point.

This is not enough to reason with those that post for the simple fact of arguing. Then going off board and tell how they put other posters in a corner.

My experience leads me to believe had the Bruins not drafted (DeBrusk for instance) the players they. Obviously the ones they did would have been drafted afterwards. In a few years even after the Bruins drafting another Krejci/Bergeron and Debrusk scoring for another team while the Bruins can't score. The shoe would be on the other foot. As the Bruins scouts can't spot a scoring talent in their drafts and so on and so on.

It is a no win situation, what with privacy kept facts people use logic to fight the obvious. :huh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
As if Sweeney isn't going to try and bring him here.

Ultimately the player's choice.

It's coming down to this

Does Vesey go where his heart is or where his dad is employed

Oh, and his dad is not in Toronto he lives here :laugh:

Sweeney all over him trust me

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
No question the B's will be in on Vesey - given his family ties to the Leafs (for whom his father works as a scout) & the Leafs having a LOT of available, immediate spots in their top 6 - I would see them as the stiffest competition. But he's a Boston kid, played college hockey in Boston. The B's definitely have a natural advantage on New England players being the "local" team. Tanev, too, could be a significant target.

The biggest issue the B's may run into is the 50 contract limit. B's are at 47 contracts right now and don't have a lot of wiggle room without waiving/releasing someone. Obviously, that likely means a low-ceiling depth guy in Providence is a probability for the waiver wire.

The 50 contract rule should not be an issue for Boston.

Vesey cannot be signed until Aug 15th. There are quite a few FA in PRO and BOS that will not be re-signed (Talbot, Breen, Irwin, etc), and I think that we may see some prospects moved for picks at the draft and others moved for a top notch Dman.

There will be room for Vesey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad