2015 CDSF: #2 Nashville Predators vs #3 Chicago Blackhawks - Hawks win series 4-2!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Darling getting the start tomorrow.

Looks like we're all in on Darling, at least this series. Have a hard time imaging that if we lose that Crow would be brought in for game seven unless Darling's brutal in game six.

Oh well, get the win, and move on.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Not a shock.

Same reason he came back with Crawford for game 2.

You don't switch goalies after one bad period.

Yeah, I'm fine with it. I'll admit I had thoughts of going with Crawford, myself, said so publicly in here, but I'm perfectly fine with this move.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Starting Darling here is the right move. You can't yank him after three goals in a three minute time span. He made saves that kept us in game one, three and four. I think you're all in on him for the rest of the series unless game six is really bad.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

Looks like we're all in on Darling, at least this series. Have a hard time imaging that if we lose that Crow would be brought in for game seven unless Darling's brutal in game six.

Yep, I think Darling would have to completely crap the bed for Q to switch to Crow in a game 7 after he's had a long layoff.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

I think if the Blackhawks lose in game 6, they'll go back to Crawford for game 7.

If your season is on the line, you go with the guy that dragged you into the playoffs to begin with, not to mention the guy that's proven he can win a cup.

But hopefully it doesn't even get that far.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I think if the Blackhawks lose in game 6, they'll go back to Crawford for game 7.

If your season is on the line, you go with the guy that dragged you into the playoffs to begin with, not to mention the guy that's proven he can win a cup.

But hopefully it doesn't even get that far.

I agree. Unless Darling is great and we lose a 1-0 game, I think Crawford starts game 7 if there is one.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Great choice. If Darling struggles, then you go back to Crow. Would be stupid to go to Crow this game, because if he slipped up, you then go back to Darling in Nashville, after you just sat him a game. Wouldn't make any sense. I think Darling will rebound, and hopefully the defense in front of him gives him a little more help too.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Great choice. If Darling struggles, then you go back to Crow. Would be stupid to go to Crow this game, because if he slipped up, you then go back to Darling in Nashville, after you just sat him a game. Wouldn't make any sense. I think Darling will rebound, and hopefully the defense in front of him gives him a little more help too.

Exactly. If Darling wins great, series over and you evaluate what to do with the goaltenders in the next round at that point.

If Darling is awful and they lose, then you go back to your $6 million, cup-winning goaltender and give him a chance to win game seven, regain his confidence and step back in as the starter going forward.

I guess the real question would be if they lose game six 1-0 and Darling is great, who do you start in game seven?

Either way, Darling is the right move in game six. You can't start Crawford and have him play another bad game and force the rookie to play the seventh game. This could be the best personnel decision Q has made the entire series.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Either way, Darling is the right move in game six. You can't start Crawford and have him play another bad game and force the rookie to play the seventh game. This could be the best personnel decision Q has made the entire series.

Yeah... that was my thought too.

I believe it's the right decision.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
One is playing on the fourth line and has looked dangerous while the other is playing mostly on the second line with one of the games most dangerous forwards and seeing time on the PP and not doing much with it.

I agree with this, there are limits on what you can do from the 4th line with no pp minutes. Just give him space and talent and look at what he does with it( Hjalmarsson goal), took me 30 minutes to realize last night that Versteeg was playing.

I liked that TT wasn't playing afraid on those 2 first games, he played the same he did in the regular season, also was ready to take hits in front of rinne, few nice challenges/passes, fears/questions that some fans here had before the playoffs. TT wasn't a guy who deserved benching.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Most of the beats are getting the impression Versteeg will play tomorrow.

Q cannot help himself when it comes to his favorite pets. No level of play is too low for them to continue getting regular shifts.

Otto31

Nov 24, 2013
If Darling is awful and they lose, then you go back to your $6 million, cup-winning goaltender and give him a chance to win game seven, regain his confidence and step back in as the starter going forward.

Hey, guys, i have a little question.

Starting from this scenario, if Crawford, eventually, is not capable to hold Nashville in a game 7, putting a soft performance, what do you think the FO would do in the offseason? Is there any chance to see Darling winning Crawford's spot next season?

Last edited:

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
@MarkPotash: The #Blackhawks have been good at avoiding unnecessary Game 7s. They are 8-0 in Game 6 clinchers under Joel Quenneville.

Hmmm.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
@MarkPotash: The #Blackhawks have been good at avoiding unnecessary Game 7s. They are 8-0 in Game 6 clinchers under Joel Quenneville.

Hmmm.

Yeah.

But does this season's Hawks team feel like it has the same king of killer instinct that the previous few seasons Hawks team's did?

How many chances to move up the standings against weak competition while their divison rivals were in losing skids did the Blackhawks fart away this season?

How many leads have they coughed up? How many leads have they coughed up within minutes of establishing said leads?

They're still a great team, but they've yet to show that skate-to-throat mindset much this season IMO.

Hopefully they find it again tomorrow.

Game 7 in Nashville would be tough.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
Starting Darling here is the right move. You can't yank him after three goals in a three minute time span. He made saves that kept us in game one, three and four. I think you're all in on him for the rest of the series unless game six is really bad.

It kind of reminds me of 2010. A rookie starts and a 6 million dollar veteran watches......

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Very happy Darling will be in net. Think he starts the rest of these playoffs unless he has a couple bad games in a row next series.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Very happy Darling will be in net. Think he starts the rest of these playoffs unless he has a couple bad games in a row next series.

You can't assume the Hawks will win this series because a message board post saying so might make the actual Hawks players take Nashville lightly and lose.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Nashville looks like they have fresh legs while the Hawks are skating in mud. This year is truly the Hawks last stand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad