2015 CDSF: #2 Nashville Predators vs #3 Chicago Blackhawks - Hawks win series 4-2!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Chicago Blackhawks versus Nashville Predators
:hawks vs :nashville

The Central Division Semifinal/Western Conference Quarterfinal is upon us, and it's a matchup that many of us have very fond memories of.

Remember when Kane pulled out the showstopper and began my long-standing policy of calling our team the Trollhawks?

And then Hossa got sick of people calling him a jinx and totally made up for a long penalty?

Good times.

Schedule to come later, but we know that they'll have home ice, though whether or not their attempts to keep the red out of their stands will be successful is still in doubt. :naughty:

But the real question is.... who ya got?

Hawks in six. :yo:

UPDATE: Schedule out:

CCXoxNOW4AIPxoy.png

Last edited:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Hawks in 6. Kane back game 2. 1-1 in NSH, 1-1 in CHI, then the Hawks take 5 and 6.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
This is an intriguing matchup. Both teams haven't exactly been bringing their A-game recently, both teams have awesome netminders (especially Crow lately), but I gotta give the edge to our playoff experience and core's mythological scoring advantage.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Hawks in 7. Happy with this matchup though. I hope Hawks fans can still find a way to sneak into the arena lol

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I just listened to the score Jay Zawaski and it's absurd how they are still talking like Kane is out for awhile still. It's right in front of your eyes if you want to see, Jay. He's taking slappers a week ago, taking contact today and a guy had his exact injury and came back in 57 days.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I just listened to the score Jay Zawaski and it's absurd how they are still talking like Kane is out for awhile still. It's right in front of your eyes if you want to see, Jay. He's taking slappers a week ago, taking contact today and a guy had his exact injury and came back in 57 days.

He's getting pushed with pillows in practice. :laugh:

I'm thinking second round return, possibly game 1.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Pick'em series, Ill say Hawks in 7

For four months and 3,000 posts you've been telling everyone the Hawks have an idiot as a coach and half their players suck. How can you pick them to win a game, let alone a series? Hedging your bets so you can say you were right either way?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I always have to say "hawks in 6" because 4 or 5 is too cocky. but... yea. "Hawks in 6".

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
For four months and 3,000 posts you've been telling everyone the Hawks have an idiot as a coach and half their players suck. How can you pick them to win a game, let alone a series? Hedging your bets so you can say you were right either way?

Nonsense, of course.

The coach's roster management continues to be an issue. it will likely be as much of an obstacle to success as the opposition, just as it was last year as the Hawks desperately tried to overcome not only the Blues, Wild and Kings, but Micheal Handzus at center.

I've criticized player performance, and deservedly so. Many players this season have under-performed as a whole, or for significant stretches at a time. Should you wish to plug your ears and cover your eyes and pretend otherwise, that is your choice. I will not exert the effort or the cruelty to pop your safe, warm, bubble of delusion.

There is always a chance the sheer talent on this roster is able to overcome their coaches roster management. Players have overcome physical injury throughout history, surely overcoming the handicap of a fool arranging the roster in nonsensical ways that undercut performance and chemistry at every turn is also possible.

And indeed they may rise and overcome their own apathy, find the proverbial 'switch' and start playing like they could actually give half a **** about the outcome. Should that happen, there's certainly enough talent to get it done, assuming they can shake off the bad habits baked on through a season of shrugging off repeated issues.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
Nonsense, of course.

The coach's roster management continues to be an issue. it will likely be as much of an obstacle to success as the opposition, just as it was last year as the Hawks desperately tried to overcome not only the Blues, Wild and Kings, but Micheal Handzus at center.

I've criticized player performance, and deservedly so. Many players this season have under-performed as a whole, or for significant stretches at a time. Should you wish to plug your ears and cover your eyes and pretend otherwise, that is your choice. I will not exert the effort or the cruelty to pop your safe, warm, bubble of delusion.

There is always a chance the sheer talent on this roster is able to overcome their coaches roster management. Players have overcome physical injury throughout history, surely overcoming the handicap of a fool arranging the roster in nonsensical ways that undercut performance and chemistry at every turn is also possible.

And indeed they may rise and overcome their own apathy, find the proverbial 'switch' and start playing like they could actually give half a **** about the outcome. Should that happen, there's certainly enough talent to get it done, assuming they can shake off the bad habits baked on through a season of shrugging off repeated issues.

Roster management? that's the GM's job. So you're still picking them to win even though the GM and the coach are incompetent and the players don't care. You should have the guts to stick to your guns and not flip-flop.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Hawks have only been to game 7 in the toews/kane era when they're down 3-1 or 3-0 in a series. They have never lost a game 5 and 6 of the same series. So, I'll take the statistical best, hawks in 6 but really I think Hawks in 5 with kane back game 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad