2015 CDSF: #2 Nashville Predators vs #3 Chicago Blackhawks - Hawks win series 4-2!

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
(he did score after all, that's not going to go away now).

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I can't give one ounce of credit to Versteeg for that goal. Kane hasn't done something so filthy since his backdoor feed to Sharp after putting it on a string through three Wild players in the '13 playoffs. He should've gotten credit for both the assist and the goal.

BobbleHeadNight*

I disagree. I think game six is a now a must win. You DON'T want to go back to their place for a game seven. See Hawks/Wings 2013.

See Kings/Ducks 2014.

Every series is different. But you're right, game 6 is a must win.

For Nashville.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
See Kings/Ducks 2014.

Every series is different. But you're right, game 6 is a must win.

For Nashville.

I edited my post so you might not see it, but you don't have to look at any other series but this one. The Preds have dominated the Hawks at home in this series. They had one bad period that cost them game one. Other than that they have been dominant on home ice.

The Hawks need to win game six. They won't win a game seven in Nashville. And even if they were to pull it out, they don't need to be going seven games after being up 3-1.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Credit to Nashville...without Weber,that mobile d-corps with Josi Jones and Ellis is giving us fits with speed rushes and keeping pucks in at the points ..then you get leadership back with Fisher albeit at 75% still played better than several of our guys..The Forster decides he will show the NHL what a mistake they made by not putting him in the Calder 3 finalists up for voting..So he takes that snub out on us...Coupled with their desperation to avoid elimination and our usual inability to play 3 compete periods over 3 periods in a regulation game ....we were bound to lose....Did not help line #1 was meh and got upstaged by Ribeiro et al...their good players all elevated..we had too many no shows (Sharp) and mehs (line#1) plus sloppy play from our Dmen ( the wrap around goal by Neal should have been stopped by Keith engaging him as he came around...instead Keith slow to move towards him and by getting out of the correct position he gets his skate deflecting Neal's shot into our net...) Then there were the parting of the gaps between our Dmen as we let Nashville get into the slot area too easily by dangle moves ...we did not protect the slot well nor did we stop their rushes well..Overall too many p-poor efforts and mistakes in coverage and positioning and engaging. ..also forwards support for the d in our zone was lackluster. .and also we just got out-hustled for loose pucks..And of course our pk did not look very solid while our PP did not look dangerous ...of course generating only 2 PPs shows how poorly we were playing because if you move faster than the other guy you usually draw more penalties but we only managed 2...they doubled that on us because they got 4..All in all..not a game we can be proud of..

BobbleHeadNight*

I edited my post so you might not see it, but you don't have to look at any other series but this one. The Preds have dominated the Hawks at home in this series. They had one bad period that cost them game one. Other than that they have been dominant on home ice.

The Hawks need to win game six. They won't win a game seven in Nashville. And even if they were to pull it out, they don't need to be going seven games after being up 3-1.

The Preds have had two miraculous 3-goal outbursts in less than 3 minutes, otherwise it may be over.

You can tie yourself in knots if you like, I'm planning for tomorrow night's game with great anticipation.

Italian sausage and peppers, I think. Drinking commences around 5-ish.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Yeah, I'm sorry, but I can't give one ounce of credit to Versteeg for that goal. Kane hasn't done something so filthy since his backdoor feed to Sharp after putting it on a string through three Wild players in the '13 playoffs. He should've gotten credit for both the assist and the goal.

I agree 100%. But now Q will not bench Versteeg because he got a goal. He won't base it on the fact that Versteeg had nothing to do with it.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
I agree 100%. But now Q will not bench Versteeg because he got a goal. He won't base it on the fact that Versteeg had nothing to do with it.

Heck he did his best to screw it up and still managed to make it go in the net.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Another showing last night that we have some dead wood on this team. Christ, I could do without 2-3 of our players and replace them with young talent and hope to emerge into good talent.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
The Preds have had two miraculous 3-goal outbursts in less than 3 minutes, otherwise it may be over.

You can tie yourself in knots if you like, I'm planning for tomorrow night's game with great anticipation.

Italian sausage and peppers, I think. Drinking commences around 5-ish.

The Hawks have scored two goals in regulation in Bridgestone in each of the three games they've played there. That's not a recipe for getting wins on the road. I guess we can both twist the stats to equal our current mindsets, but I think even you would admit you would be very uncomfortable going into their place for a game seven.

Last edited:

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Another showing last night that we have some dead wood on this team. Christ, I could do without 2-3 of our players and replace them with young talent and hope to emerge into good talent.

Yup and the regular season would have been a nice time to try and find some in Rockford that could play on the big club. But nooooooooooo.

Hawkimus

Dec 2, 2011
Hawk Headquarters
I have an idea

OK

Will put the dagger in the heart of the predator in g6...do a little kurr-caine and go to nashvilles STUPID funeral..and then hit wine country and get sans-dare to the dune... ok?

And will make sure we have customes from the original 'Dick Tracy'

BobbleHeadNight*

The Hawks have scored two goals in regulation in Bridgestone in each of the three games they've played there. That's not a recipe for getting wins on the road. I guess we can both twist the stats to equal our current mindsets, but I think even you would admit you would be very uncomfortable going into their place for a game seven.

Oh, I'll be nervous as hell in a game seven. But I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that we can't win it.

Hoping it's not necessary. I think the boys will be rolling tomorrow.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I see the sky is falling again. This board is insufferable after losses.

It really is, especially the constant whining about Q. That said, I do want him to scratch Versteeg for Teravainen, but I'm not going to lose any sleep if he doesn't. I'd say to scratch Vermette, but I really like Shaw at wing with Kruger.

BobbleHeadNight*

Re: Teuvo over Versteeg, TT has one assist, has taken one shot, and is -1 in two games vs. Nash.

Versteeg is +1, 1 goal, and has taken 12 shots.

I like the way TT was playing late in the year but he was rather invisible the first two games.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
One is playing on the fourth line and has looked dangerous while the other is playing mostly on the second line with one of the games most dangerous forwards and seeing time on the PP and not doing much with it.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Versteeg honestly could have a 100% turnover rate on the PP

Like I'd play Timonen as a 2nd d-man on the PP over him right now its that bad

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Re: Teuvo over Versteeg, TT has one assist, has taken one shot, and is -1 in two games vs. Nash.

Versteeg is +1, 1 goal, and has taken 12 shots.

I like the way TT was playing late in the year but he was rather invisible the first two games.

Wow. A little context might be nice.

TT played 26 minutes, with a whole 22 seconds on the PP and is playing with Kruger and Dejardins. TT's one assist started the comeback in game 1.

Versteeg has played 79 minutes, 7 of them on the PP and a majority of the time with Kane. He has 1 point to show for it. Versteegs goal was in garbage time and due to nothing he actually did.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Versteeg hasn't been the same player since his injury. I've never been a big fan of the PBK line. I'd like to see Sharp and Kane on the wings with TT centering. But somebody that shouldn't sit will have to sit to make room. It's a tough call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad