2015 CDSF: #2 Nashville Predators vs #3 Chicago Blackhawks - Hawks win series 4-2!

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
Nashville looks like they have fresh legs while the Hawks are skating in mud. This year is truly the Hawks last stand.

Lol what? Last stand? :facepalm: That's what people said after 2010. How did that turn out?

This team will have plenty of shots at a Cup for years to come. The next couple years will be retooling years, like 2011 and 2012. Let's win another Cup this year anyways.

Last edited:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Lol what? Last stand? :facepalm: That's what people said after 2010. How did that turn out?

This team will have plenty of shots at a Cup for years to come. The next couple years will be retooling years, like 2011 and 2012. Let's win another Cup this year anyways.

I agree. There will be a step back next year to shed a couple contracts, but how many teams would change teams/situations with the Hawks? I'd say at least 20-25, easy. Kane and Toews are in there primes. The Hawks are going to be in the mix as a contender for the next 5 years. Next year might only be as a fringe contender with the cap moves coming, but there will still be a ton of talent on this team.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
I agree. There will be a step back next year to shed a couple contracts, but how many teams would change teams/situations with the Hawks? I'd say at least 20-25, easy. Kane and Toews are in there primes. The Hawks are going to be in the mix as a contender for the next 5 years. Next year might only be as a fringe contender with the cap moves coming, but there will still be a ton of talent on this team.

I still don't think the Hawks take a step back next year, or if they do, that all the other top contenders will have the same problems because of the Cap. Remember, there are 29 other teams who also have the same caps and all have their own problems. The Hawks aren't the only team who's roster will need to change. A lot of people seem to look at the Hawks as the only team in the league. "Every problem that the Hawks have, no other teams have," "Every team plays perfect hockey, so if the Hawks don't they'll lose," etc.

I think the Hawks will still be in the top 1-4 contenders next year, just like this year. People like ndgt who say we're done after this year say the same thing every year. That way, when we finally are done way in the future, they can say "I told you so". Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Exactly. If Darling wins great, series over and you evaluate what to do with the goaltenders in the next round at that point.

What would there be to evaluate?

Crawford almost blew the series and Darling came in and saved the day.

Does that storyline change after the series is over?

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Darling would need to have bad games back-to-back for Crawford to come in IMO. You don't switch goalies next series, or the series after that.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
This team has got a ton of credit for its killer instinct in the past, would like to see some of it on display tonight.

Control play. Establish a lead. Do not concede the lead within a minute of establishing the lead. Build on the lead.

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014
When you have a little doubt with this team, they end up having a big game and change your mind. I see the same thing happening tonight.

BobbleHeadNight*

This team has got a ton of credit for its killer instinct in the past, would like to see some of it on display tonight.

Control play. Establish a lead. Do not concede the lead within a minute of establishing the lead. Build on the lead.

It's so simple. They should just do that every night.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
They've been one of the best in the league the past six years at scoring more goals than the opposition during a single game, it would be really key if they can do it tonight

j/k I agree with the killer instict comment

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
It's so simple. They should just do that every night.

I think they would if they could, I think this year they've just been a combination of tired and complacent.

I question if the killer instinct that was so critical particularly in last's years run still exists in this group, or if they're simply too burned out mentally and physically to ever truly put the skate to their opponent's neck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad