Rumor: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Should've put the + in huge bold, I just don't know what to add, Lazar is a good player who fits their playing style but I agree that probably it isn't enough, that being said I don't really see St-Louis contending they will always miss something to my eyes, but that's just me.

Or if it doesn't work give em Hoffman + if Shatt re-signs.

The players that they may be interested in would probably be Zibanejad or Hoffman.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Our LW depth is instantly atrocious.

Not that I don't want Shattenkirk, trust me I really do.

Ryan can play LW too.

I guess it depends on what happens with Puempel, Prince, and even Paul.

Not to mention MacArthur.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
This is a pretty off the wall trade suggestion, but one that I think could actually work out

Curtis Lazar + Chris Neil + Chiasson/Prince/2nd

for

Kevin Hayes + Keith Yandle

with picks conditional on Yandle and Neil resigning

Rangers get some fwd depth, get Chris Neil (a guy who they've been supposedly interested in for years)

Lazar and Hayes are basically opposites: Hayes produces pretty well but is criticized for a total lack of effort at times, whereas Lazar has struggled to produce but is always giving a great effort. This trade is pretty dependent on Lazar being the most valuable piece, which I think he is. Sens are probably the team adding.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
This is a pretty off the wall trade suggestion, but one that I think could actually work out

Curtis Lazar + Chris Neil + Chiasson/Prince/Puempel/2nd

for

Kevin Hayes + Keith Yandle

with picks conditional on Yandle and Neil resigning

Rangers get some fwd depth, get Chris Neil (a guy who they've been supposedly interested in for years)

Lazar and Hayes are basically opposites: Hayes produces pretty well but is criticized for a total lack of effort at times, whereas Lazar has struggled to produce but is always giving a great effort. This trade is pretty dependent on Lazar being the most valuable piece, which I think he is. Sens are probably the team adding.

That's a really bad deal that wouldn't work. Rangers would block Murray's #.

Also, Chiasson, a 2nd, Prince and Puempel, have very different values.

Studzle

Dec 1, 2013
Toronto
Meh ryan moves over. Puempel rides shotgun with RNH.

I would be happy with just one of those two d men.

If we made a move like your suggested RNH trade, then ya I could see trading Zibby for a guy like Brodin.

Unfortunately we'll probably see a much smaller move once we are closer to the trade deadline.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
That's a really bad deal that wouldn't work.

Why not? Give me some suggestions. Its a baseline for a deal, Yandle and Hayes are definitely available and I think NYR would definitely have interest in Neil and/or Lazar as pieces to acquire.

I don't see Yandle getting a player like Lazar on his own. Neil + 2nd/Prince is probably a fair price for Hayes.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
2 of his 3 30 goal seasons were as a LW. In his one game as a LW as a senator he scored a goal(although it was on the pp from the right side :P)

He just played like 8 games on LW with Stone snd Turris. IMO Ryan doesn't have the wheels to be an off wing forward. Guys can close on him too quick and it's too hard to protect the puck on zone entries and in the neutral zone.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Someone else who we really haven't talked about but supposedly is available is Byfuglien.

That could be a very interesting option too I think, though he is right-handed as well. I'd contemplate moving Ceci even for him though, if we'd be willing to give him the 6.5-7M he's reportedly looking for.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Why not? Give me some suggestions. Its a baseline for a deal, Yandle and Hayes are definitely available and I think NYR would definitely have interest in Neil and/or Lazar as pieces to acquire.

Neil is a rental for them, he'd be acquired purely as a rental player for the playoffs and for depth purposes. I don't think the Rangers would give much to acquire him and I doubt they'd resign him also. Probably a 4rth rounder? definitely not a player they would give up valuable assets to acquire and let's not forget that the Rangers are going to make the playoffs (most probably) and they'll want to have player that will help them now to reach their goal.

Therefore, if they trade Hayes they'll likely want to get a player that can play in their top 6 right now. If they trade Yandle, they'll want a player that can help them now also. Lazar and Neil aren't those players. Neil could be a guy that attracts contending teams but that would be at a low price.

History has shown that rental top 4 defensemen are high priced. Sekera, Coburn and etc have landed 1rst +, Yandle could land Lazar on his own as a rental.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
He just played like 8 games on LW with Stone snd Turris. IMO Ryan doesn't have the wheels to be an off wing forward. Guys can close on him too quick and it's too hard to protect the puck on zone entries and in the neutral zone.

Really? I guess its must have been awhile since i watched a sens game. I think it helps once we get set up in the offensive. Better angles to use his shot after getting the puck off the boards

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Someone else who we really haven't talked about but supposedly is available is Byfuglien.

That could be a very interesting option too I think, though he is right-handed as well. I'd contemplate moving Ceci even for him though, if we'd be willing to give him the 6.5-7M he's reportedly looking for.

This is the stumbling block, IMO.

We're not going to pay that much to a guy who is going to sit behind Karlsson on the depth chart.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I really hope we trade Neil at the deadline.

If he's re-signed, I'll go nuts.

If he isn't re-signed and we get no value for him, that's bad asset management.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

That depends on what Neil wants, he's a well respected player and gave his all for this organization. I doubt the team would trade him if he has the desire to stay.

The return we would get would be minimal, and only to give a chance to Neil to win a cup. If he wants to stay I wouldn't care. I don't think he'll get another contract here, he's likely to retire after this season IMO.

Neil's value is so low, and he's been such a good player/person for this community that I really don't get how it would be bad asset management to keep him if that's what he wants. It really is a non-factor for this team going forward.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

Neil will get us a 3rd. At most a 2nd round pick from a contending team. I won't lose sleep if we decide to keep him, he's earned it..

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ceci lazar first Cowen for RNH

Hoffman for shattenkirk
Zibanejad for Brodin

I already payed that. And I stand by it
An rfa for a ufa that may not resign with us ..........Yeah enough with the Shattenkirk nonsense ,he is a nice player but he isnt a need .We need LHD ,not RHD

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
If he's set on retiring this season, I respect that and keep him.

If he wants to play past this season, that's a different story.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Call mtl and ask what they want for Markov ,that would be a good fit for the 2nd pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad