Rumor: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
If we could bring in a legitimate #2/3D, I'd be happy to give up one of any of Hoffman, Zibby, Stone.

Then we still have a reasonable enough prospect pool I think we could turn around and get a replacement for them from the Drouin, Nuge types that are available. But we might have to try to sell Cowen as a D who is still capable of reaching his potential, but just needs a change of scenery (and then hope we're wrong :sarcasm:)

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
They'd much rather give up Galchenyuk than Bealieu.

Since Yzerman really wants a defenseman, that might be a bit hard.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
They'd much rather give up Galchenyuk than Bealieu.

Since Yzerman really wants a defenseman, that might be a bit hard.

Galchenyuk for Drouin? If I were Yzerman I'd accept that trade fast so Montreal didn't have time to think it over. Galchenyuk is #1C material.

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
How bout Jared Cowan for Mark Streit?

He's a veteran dman who plays the left side, can move the puck and play the PP.

He has one more year on his contract so by the time he's UFA Chabot could/should be ready, makes for a good stop gap and perhaps Philly would be willing to give Cowan another chance?

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
How bout Jared Cowan for Mark Streit?

He's a veteran dman who plays the left side, can move the puck and play the PP.

He has one more year on his contract so by the time he's UFA Chabot could/should be ready, makes for a good stop gap and perhaps Philly would be willing to give Cowan another chance?

If phili accepted that offer I'd be more than happy.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ceci and lazar + for rnh.

We get to move xibanejad down to third line center. And turris down to second. Or we move zibanejad for shattenkirk.

Edit.

Zibanejad for Brodin. We solidly out top 4 for 10 years

I screwed up. This requires two separate trades. Zibanejad for Brodin. Hoffman for shattenkirk.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Maybe the Ducks aren't in on Drouin after all.

I think the Ducks settled on Perron as their forward acquisition.

Probably got scared off on Drouin's price tag, and were able to shed a bad contract onto the Pens while getting the kind of winger in return that might kick-start their offence this year... all for a fraction of what Drouin would have cost.

It's a short term move instead of a long term one, but maybe the Ducks are happy to make short-term moves right now and hope their core turns it around.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think the Ducks settled on Perron as their forward acquisition.

Probably got scared off on Drouin's price tag, and were able to shed a bad contract onto the Pens while getting the kind of winger in return that might kick-start their offence this year... all for a fraction of what Drouin would have cost.

It's a short term move instead of a long term one, but maybe the Ducks are happy to make short-term moves right now and hope their core turns it around.

It's definitely a possibility that the Ducks are a little skeptical about acquiring Drouin since the price is so high but the fit seemed perfect.

Out of all teams, I thought they made the most sense since they are in the west and they have the assets that Tampa is supposedly looking for.

With Lindholm, Vatanen, Fowler, Despres, Theodore, Manson they have a very very impressive group of young defensemen and they could surely send one of them for help on offense. With Despres and Fowler injured/close to returning, it makes it a littler harder at the moment but the Ducks need offense, and could spare one of their younger defensemen.

Seems like Fowler should be back in 1-3 weeks (It's been 3 weeks and timetable was 4-6 weeks) and he just started skating again while Despres is on a conditioning stint right now.

I assume when both these guys come back a deal will be made, Manson has played himself into the lineup and has showed to be a good defensemen, I doubt they'll scratch Bieska, They have Stoner also. Theodore could play regularly in the NHL right now but they just have too many guys and on top of that they just acquired Clendenning in the Perron deal which seems a little weird (Unless it was only for now until injured guys come back and they waive him) and they also have Holzer.

That's 10 guys including Theodore...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
It's definitely a possibility that the Ducks are a little skeptical about acquiring Drouin since the price is so high but the fit seemed perfect.

Out of all teams, I thought they made the most sense since they are in the west and they have the assets that Tampa is supposedly looking for.

Totally agree, I'm right there with you, I thought Anaheim was the shoe-in landing spot for Drouin.

After the Perron deal though, it looks like they might have settled with a cheaper guy with less commitment attached. They still could be in on Drouin, but maybe not as hard as they might have been before. Less pressure on them to make a bad deal.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I would love to snag Milan Lucic as a UFA in this coming offseason... but I want the Lucic from the past 5 years, not the Lucic I expect to see for the next 7 years.

Those are the players you only get through the draft, because by the time you get a chance to add them via UFA, they have a lot of hard miles on their bodies and might not be the guy you thought you were getting.

Lucic is only going to be 28 when UFA hits, but when he gets that inevitable 7 (or 8?) year deal, the back end is going to look spectacularly bad.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
If it's true Brodin's available IMO Murray has to be all in, he could be a huge add to our club.

Hoffman + for Brodin
Lazar + for Shattenkirk

Brodin Karlsson
Methot Shattenkirk

dayyuuuuuum

No more Illest whining about the defense!

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I would love to snag Milan Lucic as a UFA in this coming offseason... but I want the Lucic from the past 5 years, not the Lucic I expect to see for the next 7 years.

Those are the players you only get through the draft, because by the time you get a chance to add them via UFA, they have a lot of hard miles on their bodies and might not be the guy you thought you were getting.

Lucic is only going to be 28 when UFA hits, but when he gets that inevitable 7 (or 8?) year deal, the back end is going to look spectacularly bad.

I'd like Lucic, but I don't see him as a "need" or "must get" guy.

The D is slim pickings, unless we want to target a Gunnerson type guy.

Yandle or Buff would be great, but am not sure we will have a horse in those races.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
If it's true Brodin's available IMO Murray has to be all in, he could be a huge add to our club.

Hoffman + for Brodin
Lazar + for Shattenkirk

Brodin Karlsson
Methot Shattenkirk

dayyuuuuuum

I'd love Shattenkirk, but can't see them being interested in Lazar, especially for Shattenkirk.

The Blues are a team that will likely contend, so trading a top defensemen for a prospect just doesn't make any sense for them.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I'd love Shattenkirk, but can't see them being interested in Lazar, especially for Shattenkirk.

The Blues are a team that will likely contend, so trading a top defensemen for a prospect just doesn't make any sense for them.

Should've put the + in huge bold, I just don't know what to add, Lazar is a good player who fits their playing style but I agree that probably it isn't enough, that being said I don't really see St-Louis contending they will always miss something to my eyes, but that's just me.

Or if it doesn't work give em Hoffman + if Shatt re-signs.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Hoffman + for Brodin
Lazar + for Shattenkirk

Brodin Karlsson
Methot Shattenkirk

dayyuuuuuum

No more Illest whining about the defense!

Ceci lazar first Cowen for RNH

Hoffman for shattenkirk
Zibanejad for Brodin

I already payed that. And I stand by it

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Ceci lazar first Cowen for RNH

Hoffman for shattenkirk
Zibanejad for Brodin

I already payed that. And I stand by it

That would be sick but I think Minny already has a kind of Zibanejad in Granlund, doubt they'd be interested by him.

We'd have a sick line-up with the trades you made though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad