Prospect Info: 2015-2016 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part I* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 11/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Thanks for the report. Yes, I'm just looking at his stats. WHL games are too late for me to watch. :laugh:

Also, Keegan Iverson scored again.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Rogle website

http://www.roglebk.se/artikel/72926/

Google translate

Rögle TAKE HOME ROBIN KOVACS
Published: 2015-11-15 20:33

Rögle BK takes home 19-year-old junior striker Robin Kovacs from AIK. Kovacs signed for Rögle last summer but has been loaned to AIK throughout the season as unnamed junior.

Robin Kovacs is one of the Swedish Hockey's greatest attacking promises. 19-year-old wrote last summer on the Rögle but began the season in the Allsvenskan AIK where he was responsible for a very strong fall.

Now it may be time for the next step in their careers.

- We take home Robin because of the injury situation in the team, says Rögle sports director Anders "worm" Carlsson.

- We have a good dialogue with AIK of the situation and take it match by match, continues "mask".

Robin Kovacs played with AIK in Sunday evening's home match against Bjorkloven (victory 4-1) and on Monday morning he sits on the plane down to Angelholm to catch train with Rögle.

- Robin has produced good in the fall, I followed him and it is a player with great potential. We have a plan for him and it will be interesting to see how he performs in our environment. We should not put any pressure on him directly but he is an interesting player, saying "mask".

Robin Kovacs got the best score in the Swedish junior team recently played a tournament for the upcoming JVM.

Robin tops Allsvenskan poängliga for juniors with nine goals and five assists in 19 games.

Robin Kovacs was named junior and thus go between the clubs. He can play Rögle in Wednesday's away game against Everton.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Is that poor for his league and his age or is it ok?

He's scoring double points per game of last season. He's #5 among forwards on his team, so he's got to be a second liner or at worst a third liner. Last year he was his team's 11th scoring forward, so he was a role player.

The Finnish league is below the AHL, but probably not below the ECHL. Those are not bad numbers for an 18-year-old kid playing in a solid league. The fact that he's getting better and scoring more than last year is a good sign.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Saarela really hasn't been as good as his numbers are. He is turnover machine and hasn't played very well at center. He is young though and he has time to learn. Ässät fans have said that he probably should play winger. He has expensive contract with them so expectations should be higher, but he has got a lot of crap about his play which isn't fully deserved.

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Saarela really hasn't been as good as his numbers are. He is turnover machine and hasn't played very well at center. He is young though and he has time to learn. Ässät fans have said that he probably should play winger. He has expensive contract with them so expectations should be higher, but he has got a lot of crap about his play what isn't fully deserved.

A lot of 18 year olds display these qualities. Would you say that he has improved overall (offense, defense, boards, passing, hitting, taking a hit, etc) since last year or he's about the same, just gets more points due to more ice time for some reason?

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
A lot of 18 year olds display these qualities. Would you say that he has improved overall (offense, defense, boards, passing, hitting, taking a hit, etc) since last year or he's about the same, just gets more points due to more ice time for some reason?
What I've read he is about the same as last year. Maybe offensively a bit better. He is playing 3rd line C, so I don't know if he is getting more ice time as last year. I haven't watched many Ässät games.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Re: Sherterkin's play in the VHL.

http://forums.internationalhockey.net/showthread.php?11337-Team-budgets-around-the-world!

More evidence that the VHL is superior to the ECHL. The average ECHL player gets $550 per week (that league has a weekly salary cap). Over a 6 month season, that's under $15k. They get free housing, but it's still a terrible living. I have to assume that most of these guys have a second job or are studying in college, otherwise their parents/wives must be very mad at them.

In the VHL, the highest budget for a team is €10 million, the lowest is €1.2 million and the average is €3.1 million. The Euro is worth about 10% more than the dollar, so the average VHL team budget is a shade under $3.5 million. Divided by 20 players, we get $175k per player. If a beer league pays deep into 6-digits, I want to go join that beer league! And in Russia, professional athletes don't even pay an income tax, so making $175k in the VHL is like making over $300k in the AHL.

Presumably if ECHLers could play in the VHL, they would. The salary over 10 times higher and you get to live in a major city like St. Petersburg rather than a backwater like Greenville, South Carolina, which could be exciting to a lot players.

The VHL has significantly higher salaries than Sweden's second tier, the top Austrian League, the top Slovak league, and similar to the top Czech and German leagues. Again, if you could make 2.5 times more in the VHL than in Sweden's second tier, why wouldn't you? Maybe some guys want to stay home, but you've got to believe that at least some would be willing to move 400 miles from Stockholm to St. Petersburg to make 2.5 times more money and not have to pay taxes on it too. Certainly I see no reason any Russian (or other former Soviet) player would leave the VHL with the exception of a couple of guys looking to travel around Europe while living there for a season or two just for fun.

The more circumstantial evidence comes out about the VHL, the more it looks to be a very solid league, probably a good deal above the ECHL. This makes Shesterkin's abuse of the VHL that much more impressive. The season, which starts earlier, is about 40% over in the VHL already.

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Being that the average VHL player Experiences 3 plane crashes during a 12 year playing career, I'd say the pay is about right....

That's fewer than the number of *major* terrorist attacks in France just this year, and the year is not even over yet. Reasonable risk to play in Russia in comparison.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Presumably if ECHLers could play in the VHL, they would. The salary over 10 times higher and you get to live in a major city like St. Petersburg rather than a backwater like Greenville, South Carolina, which could be exciting to a lot players.

The VHL has significantly higher salaries than Sweden's second tier, the top Austrian League, the top Slovak league, and similar to the top Czech and German leagues. Again, if you could make 2.5 times more in the VHL than in Sweden's second tier, why wouldn't you? Maybe some guys want to stay home, but you've got to believe that at least some would be willing to move 400 miles from Stockholm to St. Petersburg to make 2.5 times more money and not have to pay taxes on it too.

The VHL has tight restrictions on number of foreign players allowed per team. That's why ECHLers and players from other European leagues don't go there, it's not because they aren't good enough. The league rules mean it's almost exclusively Russian players and from former Soviet Union.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I remember him being a beast in NHL 11.

Does he have a solid two way game that can allow him to be an asset on an NHL team, or is he all shot and nothing else?

He is a small player who is very good on his skates and have a good shot.

His play is good enough to soon start to warrant some kind of Fabian Brunnström buzz if you get what I mean. But I think that he still must take another big step to really be considered a solid NHL prospect, but he is extremely effective right now.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I was at the Thunderbirds game tonight and Gropp was amazing. He was the best player on the ice. Had a breakaway and deked to score the 1st goal. Added 2 assists later on and it was a lot of fun to watch him in action. He is a lot quicker than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad