Prospect Info: 2015-2016 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part I* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 11/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007

He really should maintain a GAA and SV% not far from this at this level if he wants to be seen as a good prospect. USHL is fairly low level hockey, below the Canadian Juniors, even slightly below the BCHL. He shouldn't be average here among guys who mostly will never play even in the ECHL. He should be among the best.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Looks like in his 2nd game with Rogle Kovacs picked up an assist but was -3 again

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Not sure if Shesterkin is injured or recalled to the KHL, but he has not played again.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Not sure if Shesterkin is injured or recalled to the KHL, but he has not played again.

Isn't he still with his KHL team? I don't think he was ever sent back down yet, but I know he hasn't played a game yet in the KHL this season.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
For American kids especially who are good enough to play Division 1 college hockey the USHL is a primary route to go. The Under 20 US National team plays regularly in the USHL as well. It's a really good league--maybe not on par with the Canadian junior leagues as far as getting the premium players but take away the top 15-20 players in the CHL and there's not all that much difference in the overall quality.

A CHL player has limited options if he's not drafted and signed to an NHL contract by the time he hits 20 years old. Getting an AHL contract or playing in the ECHL isn't an opportunity for many of them either. The CHL does have a program for players to go to college (in Canada) after their junior careers are over and many of them will and will play for Canadian University teams. Sometimes afterwards some of them might have an opportunity to play pro in either North America or Europe.

USHL players tend more towards the 19-20 range. They tend to be just a little older than your average CHL player. For the ones going to a US Division 1 college program there's the opportunity to continue to develop their skills into their early 20's. There are a lot (as in a **** ton) of USHL players playing Division 1 college hockey in the United States.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Any word on what NCAA program Huska will commit to? I thought I read that he would be making a decision shortly a couple weeks ago, although I could have misread that.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Any word on what NCAA program Huska will commit to? I thought I read that he would be making a decision shortly a couple weeks ago, although I could have misread that.

i believe what you read (because i did read it here) was that the date came when the commitment window opened

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
P.S.

Has anyone ever actually seen Daniel Bernhardt?

Is there even a player named Daniel Bernhard? I smell some kind of fraud here! ;)

I've tried to watch him, he have eluded me though. I go to games he should be playing in, but then he isn't dressed...

I will catch him sooner or later, have to admit that he has a very quite start to his Ranger career so far though...

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Is there even a player named Daniel Bernhard? I smell some kind of fraud here! ;)

I've tried to watch him, he have eluded me though. I go to games he should be playing in, but then he isn't dressed...

I will catch him sooner or later, have to admit that he has a very quite start to his Ranger career so far though...

seems he's been shuffled between teams

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=142253
2015-16
Djurgårdens IF SHL 6 1 0 1 0 0
Almtuna IS Allsvenskan 13 1 3 4 4 1
Sweden U20 Int'l-Jr 3 0 0 0 2 -3

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
He really should maintain a GAA and SV% not far from this at this level if he wants to be seen as a good prospect. USHL is fairly low level hockey, below the Canadian Juniors, even slightly below the BCHL. He shouldn't be average here among guys who mostly will never play even in the ECHL. He should be among the best.

Another shootout. Good for him, good for the Rangers.

Btw. What the .... was with him last season? He had horrible stats in 6 games - 4.65 GAA and 85,82 %.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Another shootout. Good for him, good for the Rangers.
Btw. What the .... was with him last season? He had horrible stats in 6 games - 4.65 GAA and 85,82 %.

Huska came over to US late, to a bad team, after an already busy season

GBG were the second worst team in the league, worst in the East,
at all of won/lost, GF and GA
http://www.eliteprospects.com/league_home.php?leagueid=78&startdate=2014

here's his whole season

2014-15
Team Slovakia U18 Slovakia2 25 3.66 .900 |
Green Bay Gamblers USHL 6 4.34 .866 |
Slovakia U18 WJC-18 5 3.01 .913 |
Slovakia U18 (all) International-Jr 5 3.22
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=201638

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The guy who was starting in the VHL is now in the KHL for today's game. Shesterkin is not dressed. Presumably he was sent down to the VHL to get in some games. If he spends half a year starting in the VHL and half a year practicing in the KHL under some of Russia's best coaches, with maybe a few KHL starts along the way, it will be a solid season for him.

I'm not willing to go out on the limb and say so definitely because his sample is so small, but I have a suspicion the kid may turn out to be our best prospect.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Shesterkin lost 3-1. Gave up 2 goals on 20 shots, plus an empty netter.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Gropp with a goal and 2 assists in a 5-3 win.

9 points in the last 6 games in the WHL.

So much fun! I've been to the Thunderbirds twice during my trip here in Seattle and both times (including tonight) he has 1 goal and 2 assists. It's so awesome!

Hopefully he will score a goal again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad