Prospect Info: 2015-2016 Rangers Prospects Thread *Part I* (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 11/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I think the Central Hockey League will fall into that third tier.

It doesn't exist anymore, the league was down to too few teams so it folded and the remaining teams joined the ECHL

This is how I view the leagues:

KHL
SHL
AHL

Liiga
Swiss NLA
Czech Extraliga
Germany DEL

Sweden Allsvenskan
VHL
ECHL
Austria EBEL
Slovak Extraliga

Denmark Metal Ligaen
Norway GET Ligaen
France Ligue Magnus
Italy Serie A
UK EIHL
Finland Mestis
Germany DEL 2
Swiss NLB

Kazakhstan
Asia League
Czech 1. Liga

Beneliga
Poland
Hungary MOL Liga
Belarus
Sweden Division 1
Latvia
Slovak 1. Liga

Finland Suomi Sarja
UK EPIHL
Southern Professional Hockey League
Germany Oberliga
Czech 2. Liga
Romania

Don't know enough about any others to rank them

Last edited:

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
It doesn't exist anymore, the league was down to too few teams so it folded and the remaining teams joined the ECHL

This is how I view the leagues:

KHL
SHL
AHL

Liiga
Swiss NLA
Czech Extraliga
Germany DEL

Sweden Allsvenskan
VHL
ECHL
Austria EBEL
Slovak Extraliga

Denmark Metal Ligaen
Norway GET Ligaen
France Ligue Magnus
Italy Serie A
UK EIHL
Finland Mestis
Germany DEL 2
Swiss NLB

Kazakhstan
Asia League
Czech 1. Liga

Beneliga
Poland
Hungary MOL Liga
Belarus
Sweden Division 1
Latvia
Slovak 1. Liga

Finland Suomi Sarja
UK EPIHL
Germany Oberliga
Czech 2. Liga
Romania

I have no idea why people continue to rank DEL as high as this. It's simply not as good as 5 or 10 years ago. It's perhaps a bit better than EBEL and Slovak Extra, but certainly not better than Allsvenskan. You can't just rank it in one tier with Liiga or NLA, sorry.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
I have no idea why people continue to rank DEL as high as this. It's simply not as good as 5 or 10 years ago. It's perhaps a bit better than EBEL and Slovak Extra, but certainly not better than Allsvenskan. You can't just rank it in one tier with Liiga or NLA, sorry.

The German teams are still very competitive in the Champions Hockey League against the teams from those leagues.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
KHL, AHL, SHL, Liiga, NLA, the Czech League, Allsvenskan, ECHL, and VHL. Some of the other NA leagues like the SPHL, Federal League and LNAH. Those are the only leagues I know anything about. I have no idea what the hockey is like in the Asian League or in Latvia or Poland or whatever.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
KHL, AHL, SHL, Liiga, NLA, the Czech League, Allsvenskan, ECHL, and VHL. Some of the other NA leagues like the SPHL, Federal League and LNAH. Those are the only leagues I know anything about. I have no idea what the hockey is like in the Asian League or in Latvia or Poland or whatever.

I don't really either, I got some friends who have been all over playing and I think its safe to say that the level is pretty low.

I think in general, the strongest hockey nations leagues holds somewhat of a high level in many areas like no matter how deep into the system you go. If you go to top leagues outside the top 8-10 maybe, you get maybe more talent than in lower levels elsewhere but much worse managed players and teams.

In Sweden for example, there is an endless amount of "decent" hockey players by any standards. In the sense that if like Mike Babcock went to coach a tier 4 team in Sweden, he could like say that he want his team to do this and that and he would probably be pretty pleased with how they played. You know, he would find that he coached many smart and well schooled hockey players. Albeit that many in terms of raw talent was very far from being standouts even if you look at much smaller groups, and others might be more talented but much less equipped to do something with that talent. If Babcock went to like a top league outside the big nations, he would get some mercenaries that have issues all over and he would probably find them pretty uncoachable at first at least...

Hence its pretty hard to play in these leagues. You just don't hit the ice in the LNAH or 3rd Tier division in Sweden and score 30 pts in 15 games.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
I don't really either, I got some friends who have been all over playing and I think its safe to say that the level is pretty low.

I think in general, the strongest hockey nations leagues holds somewhat of a high level in many areas like no matter how deep into the system you go. If you go to top leagues outside the top 8-10 maybe, you get maybe more talent than in lower levels elsewhere but much worse managed players and teams.

In Sweden for example, there is an endless amount of "decent" hockey players by any standards. In the sense that if like Mike Babcock went to coach a tier 4 team in Sweden, he could like say that he want his team to do this and that and he would probably be pretty pleased with how they played. You know, he would find that he coached many smart and well schooled hockey players. Albeit that many in terms of raw talent was very far from being standouts even if you look at much smaller groups, and others might be more talented but much less equipped to do something with that talent. If Babcock went to like a top league outside the big nations, he would get some mercenaries that have issues all over and he would probably find them pretty uncoachable at first at least...

Hence its pretty hard to play in these leagues. You just don't hit the ice in the LNAH or 3rd Tier division in Sweden and score 30 pts in 15 games.

Indeed, one of the things that holds back the British leagues is half of the teams still hold on to the outdated concept of a player/coach which they do to save money and they're hired more for their playing ability than coaching ability. The teams usually only play 3 lines and take longer, less intensive shifts.

Late last season the struggling Coventry Blaze appointed a proper good pedigree coach in Chuck Weber and he got his players to buy into a system and they trapped and grinded their way to playoff success. They've been absolute crap this year but I think it's more due to the players they've signed.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Finland Suomi Sarja
UK EPIHL
Germany Oberliga
Czech 2. Liga
Romania

Is the NIHL below the UK EPIHL? I was living in London last year and caught an NIHL game, lol. There was this guy Jakub Klima that got like 5 goals for the London team and pretty much embarrassed the other team all night. Looked him up to see where he came from and he couldn't even hack it in Czech 2 Liga, so I'm assuming NIHL would be below any league on your list.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Shesterkin pitching another shut out after 2 periods so far.

EDIT: He's not in the net today. My mistake. It's another goalie playing for Ska.

Last edited:

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Aleksi Saarela now with five goals in his last three games and two periods. A nice onetimer to finish the power play.

Now tied first in goals on his team with two other forwards, tied 13th in the league with many others.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
Is the NIHL below the UK EPIHL? I was living in London last year and caught an NIHL game, lol. There was this guy Jakub Klima that got like 5 goals for the London team and pretty much embarrassed the other team all night. Looked him up to see where he came from and he couldn't even hack it in Czech 2 Liga, so I'm assuming NIHL would be below any league on your list.

Yes, the EPIHL is significantly better than the NIHL. Last season when a team dropped out of the EPIHL to add extra fixtures they included some of the best NIHL teams in a cup competition. The EPIHL teams played against them with 2 foreigners instead of the usual 4 and still won nearly every game comfortably. I actually play in the NIHL myself, but in the South Division 2, so a level below what you watched which would have been South Division 1. Anything below what I play is considered beer league or recreational hockey.

Last edited:

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Yes, the EPIHL is significantly better than the NIHL. Last season when a team dropped out of the EPIHL to add extra fixtures they included some of the best NIHL teams in a cup competition. The EPIHL teams played against them with 2 foreigners instead of the usual 4 and still won nearly every game comfortably. I actually play in the NIHL myself, but in the South Division 2, so a level below what you watched which would have been South Division 1. Anything below what I play is considered beer league or recreational hockey.

Interesting info, thanks! Good luck to you and your team!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Fogarty had an assist. Nieves was scoreless.

Halverson finally got back into the win column, stopping 25 of 26. Last year, in 50 games he lost just five regulation games total (stacked team, but still). This season, in 13 games, he already has six regulation losses.

Huska staying red-hot, pitching a 30-save shutout with nine minutes to play.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Gropp with a natural hat trick tonight for the Thunderbirds so far in their game against the Blazers. All in the second period as well.

T-birds are up 3-1 going into the third period.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY

Very cool. So what's the general level of play there equivalent to in NA? Like Junior A or a little higher? One of my buddies is playing for Solent this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad