Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If there are teams seriously willing to give up a 1st round pick for Talbot you take that. He will not be a starter here. He doesn't have 1st round value as a back-up. He may to other teams, but not in NY.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
While I am of the firm belief that if a team wants to trade a player that happens to have a NTC, it will have a small factor in the fact that the player will STILL get traded. It's just a matter of what team he will get traded to.

THAT SAID, Staal is not getting traded and it's not because of the NTC.

Go back and find the last time Sather pulled a sign and trade.

He just signed the guy, and aside from the Professional Message Board experts here, Staal is a very very good 2nd pairing (borderline 1st pairing shut-down) defenceman.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Take English lessons bro

Not sure what you don't get ? Jonus gustavsson the Detroit goalie is ufa. The wild goalie Gustafson went overseas . So if talbot is dealt for picks he's an option still. Gonna guess they go w a swede but maybe fasth . When the higher paid goalies fall the others will scramble and take less. 900 k for a back up

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Could they fit him in if they moved Staal/Girardi + Hagelin and replaced them with young players?

Nash-Brassard-MZA
Kreider-Stepan-Kessel
Miller-Hayes-Fast
Lindberg-Moore-_____

McDonagh-Boyle
Yandle-Girardi
______-Klein
McIlrath

This team would need to be absolutely dismantled after 15/16. This would take our window from 3 years to 1 real quick.

Bolded RFA/UFAs of 2016 off-season in this lineup above, assuming 15 RFAs in this lineup are signed to two-year bridge deals.

It really only makes sense if we overpay for Kessel so the Leafs will send him to us @50%. That, or Nash goes in the deal, which makes trading for Kessel in the first place rather pointless (for lack of a better word).

Staal
Hagelin
16 OA (from EDM for Talbot)

For

Kessel @ 50%

I don't know if I'd do that.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Not sure what you don't get ? Jonus gustavsson the Detroit goalie is ufa. The wild goalie Gustafson went overseas . So if talbot is dealt for picks he's an option still. Gonna guess they go w a swede but maybe fasth . When the higher paid goalies fall the others will scramble and take less. 900 k for a back up

The grammar was awful. It took me a few times to understand what you were trying to say.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Nash > Kessel ainec

Kessel is a better offensive player than Nash because he's a better playmaker.

Nash is obviously the better defensive player

On the other hand, Kessel does have 21 points in 22 playoff games, including 13 goals. The Rangers, IMO, could suffer the loss of Nash's defensive game without taking much of a hit. You make that kind of trade if you're looking to shake things up a little bit without totally changing the structure of the team.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
If there are teams seriously willing to give up a 1st round pick for Talbot you take that. He will not be a starter here. He doesn't have 1st round value as a back-up. He may to other teams, but not in NY.

You gotta push as hard as possible to play the interested teams against each other. Dallas, San Jose, and Buffalo are all likely interested in Talbot. He may not be the most proven goalie on the market, but he's the one who is trending to be the best of the bunch. He may not have the pedigree of a Cory Schneider, but his numbers are very, very close to what Schneider put up in his last two seasons with Vancouver.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
Kessel is a better offensive player than Nash because he's a better playmaker.

Nash is obviously the better defensive player

On the other hand, Kessel does have 21 points in 22 playoff games, including 13 goals. The Rangers, IMO, could suffer the loss of Nash's defensive game without taking much of a hit. You make that kind of trade if you're looking to shake things up a little bit without totally changing the structure of the team.

Kessel would benefit greatly being out of the Toronto spotlight, on that team he is considered one of the leaders, on the Rangers he wouldn't be, it could work out. The leadership of the Rangers is strong that it would not be a problem getting him to buy in to the team concept.

I like Nash a lot, but someone that can score like Kessel has in the playoffs, would be a great piece on this Rangers team. That said, Nash has improved each year in the playoffs and maybe, just maybe, he has a breakout postseason next year with the Rangers. So i am leaning towards keeping Nash.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Staal just signed with the Rangers--his first two years are NMC--the Rangers aren't giving him that and then turning around and trading him before the ink dries. Not going to happen. NMC---means no movement anywhere--that includes all other NHL teams--that includes demotions to the AHL. It's pretty much the same with Boyle and Girardi who have one more year of NMC as well.

A very awkward scenario--Rangers management asking any one of these players to a meeting to talk about their contract. You can bet they wouldn't show up alone. Their agent would be there and possibly other legal advisers. 'Yeah--we've got a deal in place for you to go to Toronto or Dallas or Arizona or wherever--all you have to do is void your NMC. Help us out-------please.' If it were me--'okay if you don't want me--send me to Chicago. Oh--they don't have cap space. Yeah--but they win--that's where I want to go if I go anywhere.'

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Henrik may actually murder someone on the ice if he had to count on Phil Kessel playing man-to-man defense.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
This team would need to be absolutely dismantled after 15/16. This would take our window from 3 years to 1 real quick.

Bolded RFA/UFAs of 2016 off-season in this lineup above, assuming 15 RFAs in this lineup are signed to two-year bridge deals.

It really only makes sense if we overpay for Kessel so the Leafs will send him to us @50%. That, or Nash goes in the deal, which makes trading for Kessel in the first place rather pointless (for lack of a better word).

Staal
Hagelin
16 OA (from EDM for Talbot)

For

Kessel @ 50%

I don't know if I'd do that.

I do that in a heartbeat. Kessel at 4M for like 8 years? Yes please

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I have this great idea guys. What if like we kept Nash. Has anyone thought of this yet?

No. He sucks. 42 goals is ****. Can easily be replaced by Miller.

Anyway, Buffalo's surplus of talent is mostly on defense, where the Rangers don't *really* need that much help.

I'd do nasty things to get the Rangers hands on Jake McCabe, but we're overloaded at the left side for now into the future.

McD
Staal
Yandle
Skjei

That's sick depth that will only need to be messed with to make room for Skjei.

Our right could be improved, but I don't think that needs to come at the expense of Nash.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Ennis + Zadorov is what I'd look for.

Zadorov has maturity issues. I mean, the kid was 19 this past season, so I'm very willing to look past that.

I think, if this gets seriously explored (which I don't think it will), the Rangers would be more keen on Ristolainen than Zadorov. Risto is a right-handed shot.

Ennis
Risto
21 OA
(I don't actually think this is enough for Nash)

Send Talbot and Klein to EDM for 16 OA and Yakupov

Package 21 OA and 16 OA to move into the top 7.

#Sather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad