Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurgePurge*

Two trick pony. The delay with the puck below the goal line and let the forechecker do a fly by and the pp set play where he walks it down and then does the pass to where he came from to mcdonagh for the one timer. Besides that its a lot of egregious turnovers and unforced icings.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Neuvirth is ok.

Want no part of Enroth; the guy couldn't stop a 16-wheeler from driving into a straw.

2013-14 McDonagh.

Still not even close to an average season for Yandle.

McDonagh had 43 points that year. For Yandle, 50 is another day at the office.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Two trick pony. The delay with the puck below the goal line and let the forechecker do a fly by and the pp set play where he walks it down and then does the pass to where he came from to mcdonagh for the one timer. Besides that its a lot of egregious turnovers and unforced icings.

Yeah a two trick pony who scores 50 points a season as a defenseman. You're right - we obviously need more Dan Girardis.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You could be right about Staal. I can't see Hanafin not staying until at least his JR year is over. Just my opinion.

Kreider - 3 years
Cross - 4 years
Hayes - 4 years
Hayes 2 - 4 years
Atkinson - 4 years (I believe)
I checked Schneider's BC career out yesterday - 4 years
Gaudreau - 4 years

These guys stay the distance with York.

They haven't had a player so highly regarded since Leetch. Hanifin might stay three years, but I don't think he should be compared to those players.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Got some interesting links here to ponder upon....

- After acquiring Yandle, apparently NYR asked Arizona about Shane Doan, but talks went nowhere quickly. Apparently NYR also tried really hard to sign Doan back in 2012.
http://snyrangersblog.com/znhl-play...ne/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

- Apparently in this link it is all said and done that Martin St. Louis will not be coming back on Broadway. Says if he decides to keep playing, Montreal is a possibility.
http://snyrangersblog.com/2014-15/2...rs/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

- With St. Louis heading out, another old guy donning a Ranger sweater, Dan Boyle, is staying with the team. Says here he doesn't plan to retire and that he will not waive his no movement clause.
http://snyrangersblog.com/2014-15/2...on/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

- This article suggests that NYR should target Carl Soderberg. It is pretty intriguing...
http://bluelinestation.com/2015/06/14/should-the-new-york-rangers-pursue-carl-soderberg/

- I think the most juicy news coming today, however, is that there is MASSIVE and SIGNIFICANT interest in Cam Talbot around the NHL. Said in a majority of articles that teams think he's the best available option in net for this open market. Said that even teams that would need him as a backup are calling NYR for a price. Said also that the Rangers are looking to "maximize a return" of draft picks. Stay tuned this week and next as NYR will most definitely be in the market before the draft.
http://snyrangersblog.com/2014-15/2...ks/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25214268

I'm very curious about Soderberg. Have to assume that if they go that route then Hayes moves to the wing. Not saying I'm against it because it could actually help our depth at RW.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Why is everyone so excited about trading for the 16th overall pick? The Rangers will end up taking Brandon Carlo and he'll bust while Denis Guryanov will be a 40 goal scorer in 2019

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Why is everyone so excited about trading for the 16th overall pick? The Rangers will end up taking Brandon Carlo and he'll bust while Denis Guryanov will be a 40 goal scorer in 2019

Because if we have a 1st, Sather can go all in (again) at the next Trade Deadline. #SatherYOLOSwag16

TurgePurge*

Taken from the edm board...

"Just looked at Staals salary. He is signed to 2021 at 5.7mil, that's a steal for a player of his caliber."

Can't play for our team though. He's part of the problem.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
When was the last time we had a first round pick? Can't we just be excited for once about a prospect who wasn't picked in the 3rd round or signed out of college?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
They have to find a way to keep Yandle, for various reasons. He's the best puck mover we got, the best offensive threat from the blue line we have, and we gave up a lot to get him.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
Regarding UFAs, the first guy I want us talking to is Soderberg...but if he ends up "out of range"...which may very well be the case...I think we should keep our eye on Eric Fehr's situation with the Capitals.

Fehr's contract is up...where he had made 1.5 mil per year over the last 2 seasons.

- 6'4" 214lbs and 29 years old.
- Right Handed shot that can play Center or RW.
- 19G & 14A & +8 playing Center last year on Caps' 3rd line.
- Goal Scoring Sniper with a hard, accurate shot. Deadly wrister. Strong on the puck, solid 2-way play. Skates OK for his size. Not overly physical, but uses his size well. Also adept at the PK.
- Missed much of the Playoffs & just had elbow surgery last week, but that doesn't concern me. All indications are that Fehr's surgery was routine.

Fehr does enjoy being a Cap and wants to remain in Washington, but has been quoted as saying the following:

“Obviously, I have a lot of friends here and I’ve been here a lot of years,†Fehr told CSN Washington. “I think this is a special group. Obviously, I’d love to be back here, but looking at the amount of guys we have unsigned right now you just don’t know what’s going to happen.â€

Also take this into consideration:

""Fehr is one of seven Capitals scheduled to go UFA, along with Mike Green, Joel Ward, Jay Beagle, John Erskine, Curtis Glencross and Tim Gleason. GM Brian MacLellan also needs to strike new deals with important RFAs Marcus Johansson, Evgeny Kuznetsov and goalie Braden Holtby.""

All in all, Fehr could be an "odd man out" in Washington. If so...if he is not re-signed by the Caps...and if there is no hope for Soderberg (or if he is too expensive)...we need to book an appointment with Fehr.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey

"Just looked at Staals salary. He is signed to 2021 at 5.7mil, that's a steal for a player of his caliber."

okay?

So you like Staal at 5.7 and are complaining about Yandle @ <$3m?

k

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Edmonton fans haven't seen a defenseman since Chris Pronger, I'd hardly call that trustworthy analysis.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
So Edmonton wants staal? Talbot and staal for first overall??

We can't trade Staal. NMC. I'd look into moving him for sure if we could, for the obvious reasons. We are just a heck of a lot more deep at LD than among scoring forwards, and Staal would have - a lot - of value. But you know, can't be done...

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
We can't trade Staal. NMC. I'd look into moving him for sure if we could, for the obvious reasons. We are just a heck of a lot more deep at LD than among scoring forwards, and Staal would have - a lot - of value. But you know, can't be done...

I'm sure he'd waive his nmc... Gaborik had a nmc and in sure he didn't want to go to Columbus but he waived anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad