Recalled/Assigned: 2015-2016 Injury Updates & Roster Moves (Moen out; Seguin's status still unknown)

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Eaves and McKenzie now out for a fair amount of time along with Ritchie, most likely. Forwards already getting depleted pretty heavily.

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Who would even be the next call up? Morin?

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Put Oleksiak on the fourth line. Net front presence on the second PP only.

I don't see what could go wrong with it.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Put Oleksiak on the fourth line. Net front presence on the second PP only.

I don't see what could go wrong with it.

The hockey gods are clearly smiting those who stand in Val's way. Oleksiak would be cut in half by a skate blade or something.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Ruff will roll 7 defensemen before Val gets another chance.

Ouch, looks like injuries are biting hard already. Though I've been wondering what's up with Nichushkin and the healthy scratches so far. Has he been playing poorly or is it just a matter of Ruff not liking his game or something? He seems like he'd be perfect in the Stars' top 9.

Also, what do you guys think of Sceviour and where he fits in? Moen too - is he close to being done as an NHL'er?

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
Who would even be the next call up? Morin?
Personally I'd go with Faksa. He'll most easily slot into the bottom lines, he was closest one to make the team after Janmark out of camp and I'd be curious to see him in the big league at this point.
Morin though is the safer choice I guess, he's always solid, albeit a bit unspectacular at NHL level.

Thoughts on Klingberg? Looking a bit rough so far?
He's not as dazzling as he was during parts of last year, but apart from occasional defensive flubbups, he's been pretty ok, with a few offensive masterstrokes here and there. I'm not disappointed.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Ouch, looks like injuries are biting hard already. Though I've been wondering what's up with Nichushkin and the healthy scratches so far. Has he been playing poorly or is it just a matter of Ruff not liking his game or something? He seems like he'd be perfect in the Stars' top 9.

Also, what do you guys think of Sceviour and where he fits in? Moen too - is he close to being done as an NHL'er?

I was joking. He's moving in slow motion and his awareness has been lacking, which has led to him taking a big hit on what seems like every shift.

I don't especially like the idea of where our forwards are playing, Roussel with Spezza in particular, but if it works then I'll get used to it. Scevior was playing like a guy on a micro leash last night and helped set up a goal, but made a mistake that led to a goal. He's going to stick out because of how soundly Eakin and Janmark are playing. Moen hasn't looked terrible, he's just not good and the 4th line hasn't done much to this point. If he gets banged up, he might lose his spot to somebody who will be back next year.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I was joking. He's moving in slow motion and his awareness has been lacking, which has led to him taking a big hit on what seems like every shift.

I don't especially like the idea of where our forwards are playing, Roussel with Spezza in particular, but if it works then I'll get used to it. Scevior was playing like a guy on a micro leash last night and helped set up a goal, but made a mistake that led to a goal. He's going to stick out because of how soundly Eakin and Janmark are playing. Moen hasn't looked terrible, he's just not good and the 4th line hasn't done much to this point. If he gets banged up, he might lose his spot to somebody who will be back next year.

Thanks for this. Dallas will be interesting this year - they'll probably score a lot of goals again but their D should be improved as well. Sceviour mainly stands out to me because he's produced at a decent rate the past 2 years in what seems to be mostly bottom 6 minutes. If Nuke gets out of the doghouse they're probably deep enough to have a guy like Roussel on the 4th line... :amazed:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Jason Demers is suspended for 2 games. One too many in my opinion. Whatever.

My money is on Patrik Nemeth sliding into the roster.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
I'm not a Stars fan, could you please tell me who's the #1 goalie now ? And who do you think will be by the end of the season ?
Thank you.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I'm not a Stars fan, could you please tell me who's the #1 goalie now ? And who do you think will be by the end of the season ?
Thank you.

No clear #1 yet (and probably won't be all season) but Niemi has played better. I would guess we'd be in a 1a/1b situation by the end of the season still.

Otto31

Nov 24, 2013
Devin Shore from Texas Stars putting good numbers in AHL at the moment. What are the expectations about him, guys?

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Dallas called Shore up today, wonder if someone is hurt. Would be nice to see him get a chance to play his first game

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Dallas called Shore up today, wonder if someone is hurt. Would be nice to see him get a chance to play his first game

He might simply be forcing their hand too, he's had a great season in the AHL so far.

Definitely going to be some interesting lineups in the next week or so.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

They also need an extra body for the road trip. Good to see a goal scorer get the nod over a grinder. I hope he gets a shot on the second line because Spezza needs help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad