Recalled/Assigned: 2015-2016 Injury Updates & Roster Moves (Moen out; Seguin's status still unknown)

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Figured I might as well start a new one. Basically, this is for speculation and also any news on line combos, injuries, etc.

Seems like a consensus was reached on offense, or for the top 6 at least...

Benn - Seguin - Sharp
Nichushkin - Spezza - Hemsky
Roussel - Eakin - Eaves
McKenzie - Fiddler - Ritchie
Moen, Sceviour

Defense is a lot more up in the air, especially with as many parts as there are.

Goligoski - Klingberg
Oduya - Demers
Nemeth - Jo. Benn
Oleksiak, Jokipakka

And goaltending of course:

Lehtonen
Niemi

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
If Ritchie was moved up to the third line, it would have 50-60 goal scoring potential and still decent D. Not sure the second line has much more potential, so you could have a 90-60-60-20 goal set of forwards. Almost 3 goals a game from the FW. Add 20 or so from D, and maybe one from a goalie and we will be back at 3.13 GPG, if not more.

D could go a lot of ways......

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I was thinking about Ritchie too. Since we're rolling 8D though, someone has to be in the A or get moved out. Not sure who that'd be.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
I'm surprised - as an outsider - that a team that scores off the rush a lot would take away the "interior" shots of Sharp (RHS LWer) and Nuke (LHS RWer)...

Both players can obviously adapt to their strong side wings, no pro player should have all that much trouble with that, but I'm surprised that players that can play their off-wing and can shoot (tough to find) would be pulled off of them on a team that is going to need to score to win and can create organic offense off the rush...

Thoughts from the 82-game watchers (which I am not)...?

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Mike, none of us have seen 82 games of Sharp or Nuke either :laugh:

While there are some constants in the lineup, know that Ruff will mix things up whenever he feels like it.

Benn - Seguin - Nichushkin
Sharp - Spezza - Hemsky
Roussel - Eakin - Eaves
McKenzie - Fiddler - Scevior
Moen

Goligoski - Klingberg
Nemeth - Oduya
Jordie - Demers
Jokipakka, Oleksiak

Lehtonen
Niemi

I think Sharp is a better option for the 2nd line's two passers and I don't buy Nill's "Spezza and Val had great chemistry" bit. Ritchie goes down because he can, Eaves and Nuke probably trade spots a lot. Oduya and Nemeth have worked out together in the past and don't fix the Jordie - Demers pairing because it isn't broke. Not much distinction in playing time between 2nd and 3rd pair.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge 6s6 seconds ago
Also, Nill said 2015 first-round pick Denis Gurianov, who is playing in the KHL, is out with a shoulder injury. Time frame is 2-3 weeks.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Well, that solves the question of where Ritchie will start. Was probably AHL anyway, due to waiver issues, but now, its Cleveland Clinic/Rehab for 4 months, then AHL conditioning, maybe a few dozen games later in the season for the Stars.....

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge 6s6 seconds ago
Also, Nill said 2015 first-round pick Denis Gurianov, who is playing in the KHL, is out with a shoulder injury. Time frame is 2-3 weeks.

Technically he's not playing in the KHL yet, because he was with the junior NT and now this injury will keep him from getting to a proper KHL debut. But it's nothing serious obviously.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
He played his first KHL game a couple of days ago actually. I'd embed Stepneski's tweet if I wasn't on my phone but I guess he played 11 minutes in his debut with no points, 3 shots on goal, and 3 hits.

Edit:

Last edited:

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Is it a foregone conclusion that Lehtonen will start as the starter over Niemi? or will it be more of a A1 A2 situation?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
FRISCO, Texas - Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the team has reduced the NHL training camp roster by eight players. Those players will report to Cedar Park this week for American Hockey League training camp.

The following eight players have been either returned to their respective club or released from their tryout in Dallas:

Mattias Backman
Ludwig Bystrom
Mads Eller
Julius Honka
Stephen Johns
Esa Lindell
Travis Morin
Devin Shore

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
FRISCO, Texas - Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill announced today that the team has reduced the NHL training camp roster by eight players. Those players will report to Cedar Park this week for American Hockey League training camp.

The following eight players have been either returned to their respective club or released from their tryout in Dallas:

Mattias Backman
Ludwig Bystrom
Mads Eller
Julius Honka
Stephen Johns
Esa Lindell
Travis Morin
Devin Shore

Disappointed that Johns, Honka, and Lindell are all going down while Oleksiak stays up. Can't say I'm surprised though.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Meh, I don't want to lose Oleksiak for nothing

I don't either. I was just hoping that Oleksiak or JoBenn would be gone by now to make room for Johns or Honka haha. It could still happen though...keeping my fingers crossed. Honka could probably use a little more seasoning in the AHL for sure though.

beeker16

Jun 19, 2003
can someone give me cliff note versions of preseason?

will we look good, or will we struggle to mesh?
the preseason standings look bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2