Recalled/Assigned: 2015-2016 Injury Updates & Roster Moves (Moen out; Seguin's status still unknown)

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Who do y'all think will get a call up with sequin hurt. Or do y'all think anyone will now. If Johns has played himself on the team then they will only have one call up.

No one. He's been playing wing and we'll get Janmark back soon.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
INJURY UPDATE: Tyler Seguin out 3-4 weeks w/15% cut to Achilles' tendon.

GM Nill says he should return for playoffs

Doesn't 3-4 weeks seem a little aggressive for this? I'd think it'd be more like 4-6 weeks.

For sure if he's back in time for the playoffs, he's no where near 100%. Can't skate on that for quite a while.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Doesn't 3-4 weeks seem a little aggressive for this? I'd think it'd be more like 4-6 weeks.

For sure if he's back in time for the playoffs, he's no where near 100%. Can't skate on that for quite a while.

I didn't even take high school biology so I have no sweet clue lol

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Ritchie will play and Janmark will be back. We have enough healthy bodies right now up front.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yeah this could've been worse. With both Faksa and Ritchie up we have enough bodies that we won't call anyone up. Janmark is coming back soon enough and Moen as much as he's horrible is still on the roster.

We'll miss Seguin but the team can handle ittself without for a couple of weeks especially once Klingberg is back.

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
If I'm gonna guess:
Benn-Eakin-Eaves
Nichushkin-Spezza-Sharp
Roussel-Faksa-Hemsky
Sceviour-Fiddler-Ritchie

Or if Janmark is ready, put him in instead of Sceviour/Ritchie/Eaves (depending on Ruff's mood that day), and reshuffle a bit maybe.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Just to update this thing here.
The team is understandably very careful with the injuries . Team needs to be fully for the playoffs. Division Title would be great but no reason to take an unneccesary risk . The team played great with them out so there's no need to rush anyone back.

Last edited:

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Agreed, one game would be nice. I'm loving the way we're playing without them though. Not that I don't want them back, but I think we'll be fine no matter when they return.

I hope this team wins the WC title just for their own pride. Could definitely be a start to success, give them a bit of a taste that they can use to go even further.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

:(

That means Moen will be in tomorow with Ritchie not traveling with the team.

*Important clarification so its not vague*

:laugh:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Thank god we have good forward depth, still a big loss but it won't exactly hurt us.

LT

Jul 23, 2010
So that's...

Seguin
Janmark
Ritchie

Russell
Demers

All who are injured.

And yet we're 7-1-0 in our last eight.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I hope Johns keeps his spot on the blueline, even with Demers and Russel returning. Ruff will most definitely favor Benn, though..

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Ruff seems to trust Johns a fair bit, and we know he likes the LHD - RHD pairings. If anyone's gonna keep Jordie out, its Johns.

I think at worst, he's been at Jordie's level as well. Not really noticeable, but that's kind of what you want from a bottom pairing defender.

Goligoski - Klingberg
Oduya - Demers
Russell - Johns
Benn

I feel pretty damn good about that, even if we switch Benn and Johns.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Ruff seems to trust Johns a fair bit, and we know he likes the LHD - RHD pairings. If anyone's gonna keep Jordie out, its Johns.

I think at worst, he's been at Jordie's level as well. Not really noticeable, but that's kind of what you want from a bottom pairing defender.

Goligoski - Klingberg
Oduya - Demers
Russell - Johns
Benn

I feel pretty damn good about that, even if we switch Benn and Johns.

We've got to keep Johns in there. I'd say keep Oduya and Johns together if you can and pair Demers and Russell.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Johns will stay. We need his size and physicality. He's playing great with Oduya also. Russell and Demers could be a really good 3rd pairing. Who knows when daddy will be back though

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seperated shoulder can take a while. He's been skating for a while now IRC since his injury doesn't have that much of an impact on that . No idea how well he progressed outside of that though.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Ritchie got hurt at some point during training . So it's anyones guess what happened to him.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Pens fan here but Dad lives in Dallas so I follow Stars when I have time. What's up with Demers and Russell? How long are they expected to be out and what do the D pairings look like with a full healthy lineup?

I'll be in Dallas this week and going to the game vs Colorado.

LT

Jul 23, 2010
Pens fan here but Dad lives in Dallas so I follow Stars when I have time. What's up with Demers and Russell? How long are they expected to be out and what do the D pairings look like with a full healthy lineup?

I'll be in Dallas this week and going to the game vs Colorado.

Demers has a shoulder injury, Russell has a foot injury.

Both should be back right around the start of the playoffs.

We're not really sure, but possibly:

Goligoski - Klingberg
Russell - Demers
Oduya - Johns
Jo. Benn

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Demers has a shoulder injury, Russell has a foot injury.

Both should be back right around the start of the playoffs.

We're not really sure, but possibly:

Goligoski - Klingberg
Russell - Demers
Oduya - Johns
Jo. Benn

Thanks for the response. That looks pretty good on paper.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad