2015-16 St. John's IceCaps & Brampton Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Another win and another close game. Up 5-2 they let them back into the game but survived to win 5-4.
It not only the D-man that are young but really the whole team. Forwards blow coverage the D-man starts chasing and the goalie over plays the shooter and we got a goal :laugh:
Never a dull moment and I find them exciting to watch.

Awesome to see Scherbak get a goal and to see Hudon return the sweet pass to Holloway for a nice goal.

Would like to see Sly move up Crisp and Grégoire to the top 2 lines when things start to get chippy. Hudon and Holloway need some protection imo.

I heard mister Rogers mention that HD is coming in the new year.....man I can't wait.

Go IceCaps GO

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Another win and another close game. Up 5-2 they let them back into the game but survived to win 5-4.
It not only the D-man that are young but really the whole team. Forwards blow coverage the D-man starts chasing and the goalie over plays the shooter and we got a goal :laugh:
Never a dull moment and I find them exciting to watch.

Awesome to see Scherbak get a goal and to see Hudon return the sweet pass to Holloway for a nice goal.

Would like to see Sly move up Crisp and Grégoire to the top 2 lines when things start to get chippy. Hudon and Holloway need some protection imo.

I heard mister Rogers mention that HD is coming in the new year.....man I can't wait.

Go IceCaps GO

Aren't they one of the/the youngest team(s) in the AHL?

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Thomas' shot is ridiculous. That's like elite level stuff right there. If he keeps it up he might get a serious look.

It nice to see his shot going in the net. I don't know if he could snipe those pass a NHL goalie being so far out but I am happy he is producing.
If I remember correctly when he was with the Habs he tried those shots after passing the blue line and had no success.

It seems like everyone is producing at the moment for the Habs and Caps....and I am loving it :)

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
It nice to see his shot going in the net. I don't know if he could snipe those pass a NHL goalie being so far out but I am happy he is producing.
If I remember correctly when he was with the Habs he tried those shots after passing the blue line and had no success.

It seems like everyone is producing at the moment for the Habs and Caps....and I am loving it :)

He could snipe that at NHL level the problem is he cant create space to shoot at that level

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
He could snipe that at NHL level the problem is he cant create space to shoot at that level

You might be right. I just remember his time with the Habs and they kept mention Thomas great shot and when he did shoot the results were not there.
It would be great if he can do it at the NHL level but I must admit I am on the fence on how well he could do.

At the moment he looks good in the AHL and if he keeps it up hopefully he get another chance at the NHL.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I still like Thomas. He has a bit of that Gallagher drive, and as it's been mentioned already, he has a deadly wrist shot.

His biggest fault at the NHL level was that he looked a bit too shy out there. Can't speak for his play in the AHL, but with some more confidence, I could see him be a good spark plug at the NHL level on a top 9, with to ability to chip in his fair share of goals. It's a longshot, but he has upside.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
How's McCarron?

Is he NHL ready?

He looked okay but there is no rush for him to play in the NHL. He will get more minutes and play in ever situation in the AHL. Still hoping he starts to shoot more.

Wow Fucale getting the start again. Not that he was horrible but I thought Tokarski would get the nod today because it was back to back games.
Looks like no line up changes for today game.....Sly and MT on the same page :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad