WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
That 3rd line need more playmaking ability

Perron - Getzlaf - Perry
Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg
Ritchie - Bjugstad - Rakell

That makes our 2nd line be at its best defensively to shut other teams top scorers down. Our 3rd line will be maximized for offense potential.

If we're leaving the Kesler line alone that's the way I would go too, depending on Ritchie being ready of course.

Oct 18, 2011
with achilles injury to thompson he may as well be a write off for the season, so do the ducks commit to wagner as the 4th line center or someone else? i'd like to see him and garbutt be paired together.

rakell-getzlaf-perry
cogliano-kesler-silf
?-?-?
garbutt-wagner-?
?
ritchie/pirri/noesen in the picture somewhere and hopefully perron.

3rd line center seems like a major need.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I wish we could afford RNH, he'd be perfect. With finances and the expansion angle we just can't do that though.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
That 3rd line need more playmaking ability

Perron - Getzlaf - Perry
Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg
Ritchie - Bjugstad - Rakell

That makes our 2nd line be at its best defensively to shut other teams top scorers down. Our 3rd line will be maximized for offense potential.

I'd put that top 9 against any team in the league. (Obviously counting on Ritchie being in shape and better than last year)

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Would like to see Perron, Stewart, Gaustad and Martin signed.

Perron Getz Stewart
Rackell Kesler Perry
Silf Wagner Cogs (Thompson centering when healthy)
Martin Gaustad Ritchie
Enforcer type when needed extra fw

Did you even do a number crunch? That lineup doesn't even look possible based on salary alone. Unless you're okay with moving a couple of defenseman.

Aside from that:

Would love Martin, but IMO, he's a luxury we can't afford. Perfect 4th liner though.

Stewart is garbage. His small steak of good play with Getzlaf and Perron doesn't change that. We don't need his lazy ass on this team. Not sure if I've ever disliked a Duck player so much. How in the hell can Cogliano's hits be more physical than his?

Stewart? Yuck. He's not a good hockey player.

Agreed. He's garbage. Would much rather have someone that tries hard more than 20% of the time. He has some skill, but his laziness and soft play erase ANY need for him IMO.

Any chance we are in on Erikkson would be such a good fit

No way. He'll get the most money as far as wingers go, and when's the last time Murray signed the most expensive free agent at their position? Excluding bottom pairing defenseman of course.

That line looked good and he went and battled in front of the net.
I'd prefer Lucic but we all know the team can't afford him

Key word: when. That line was easily more driven by Perron and Getzlaf. I'll give it to Stewart that he had some scoring touch, but his laziness and soft play makes him more bad than good.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Rakell shouldn't be playing center at all at the NHL level, at least not on a team that supposedly has Cup ambitions.

Agreed. He's so much more effective on the wing. If I could make Murray realize one thing this off-season, this is it.

with achilles injury to thompson he may as well be a write off for the season, so do the ducks commit to wagner as the 4th line center or someone else? i'd like to see him and garbutt be paired together.

rakell-getzlaf-perry
cogliano-kesler-silf
?-?-?
garbutt-wagner-?
?

Like Bodacious said, Wagner does seem like a "Carlyle player". I'm fine with it, as long as he doesn't count on him as more than that. Wagner seems like perfect fill in while Thompson is out, and having Thompson come back at the deadline is like trading for an upgrade come the deadline.

IMO, the biggest question is what do they do with Rakell? IMO, the answer is make him a top 6 wing, but Murray may see him as Kesler's long term replacement (I hope not).

I wish we could afford RNH, he'd be perfect. With finances and the expansion angle we just can't do that though.

Agreed. Although, I agree with Sauced that he's a luxury we can't afford. I think we need a top 6 center to get us "over the hump", and RNH is ideal, but I think it's possible with someone not quite as good (RNH is a #1 center IMO).

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The bj kid from Florida looks like a no e fit as well. He's huge, skilled, paid less than his cap hit the next couple years, and is possibly expendabl on his team. That would be a really nice get, depending on what's going the other way of course.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011

rakell-getzlaf-perry
cogliano-kesler-silf
?-?-?
garbutt-wagner-?
?

Wagner is just as good on face-offs as Nate and as quick a skater, he also was on the PK any time he played in Anaheim last year. With a full year of NHL experience this point and a couple of years of playoffs I'd like to give him his shot. I say he gets the chance at 4C this year, I would like to plug in a high energy wing with him and Garbs which I don't see in the system at this time.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Wagner is just as good on face-offs as Nate and as quick a skater, he also was on the PK any time he played in Anaheim last year. With a full year of NHL experience this point and a couple of years of playoffs I'd like to give him his shot. I say he gets the chance at 4C this year, I would like to plug in a high energy wing with him and Garbs which I don't see in the system at this time.

His name was Max Friberg.

Oct 18, 2011
RC is not coming in here and playing Getzlaf and Perry apart, I see people posting these lines...not gonna happen, he needs them on board so you can forget about that

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Why are people still whining about Friberg? He didn't even play a game for MTL last year. He's a dime a dozen player.

Because he was given up for a goalie who literally wasn't needed who played less than one game for the AHL franchise. Just another bullet shot off into the dirt somewhere, even if it was a small bullet.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Because he was given up for a goalie who literally wasn't needed who played less than one game for the AHL franchise. Just another bullet shot off into the dirt somewhere, even if it was a small bullet.

This.

And no one was whining. I swear this board gets beyond defensive sometimes.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It could be. He's also young enough, they might still see something in him. Or they don't qualify him and it was a total waste. He was injured in his second game, it's impossible to judge.

For last year, the removed a guy who was quite good on the Gulls top line and replaced him with a position that wasn't in need in any way, shape, or form. They were set in the AHL at goalie. As an AHL trade it still made no sense. It was unlikely that Friberg's value would drop or that Tokarski's value would rise. Unless there was a Khudobin or Andersen or Gibson trade that fell through, it's a baffling move. It certainly made the Gulls a worse team.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Friberg could have been the difference between losing to the reign and winning. He was that much of an impact player. If I remember correctly they lost atleast 2 of the games in overtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad