2015-16 Line-up discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
it's interesting how the ducks, kings and hawks are going into the playoffs, it seems like the teams are just waiting for the playoffs to start.

i still like our team if we can get our full squad and i actually think losing like this to toronto and montreal will get the players attention, and get us back to being more sound defensively, as a team.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
What's a better top nine?

McGinn-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogs-Kesler-Silfverberg
Perron-Rakell-Stewart

or

Perron-Getzlaf-Stewart
Cogs-Kesler-Silfverberg
McGinn-Rakell-Perry

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

McGinn-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogs-Kesler-Silfverberg
Perron-Rakell-Stewart

or

Perron-Getzlaf-Stewart
Cogs-Kesler-Silfverberg
McGinn-Rakell-Perry

I like B better. Perry and Getz separated seems to have worked well this year and most of the Perron magic seems to be him and Getzy together anyways.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

McGinn-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogs-Kesler-Silfverberg
Perron-Rakell-Stewart

or

Perron-Getzlaf-Stewart
Cogs-Kesler-Silfverberg
McGinn-Rakell-Perry

Second group. I think Rakell is too fast and a little too risk-taking to be out with Stewart and Perron. I'd rather go back to what we know worked.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber

McGinn-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogs-Kesler-Silfverberg
Perron-Rakell-Stewart

or

Perron-Getzlaf-Stewart
Cogs-Kesler-Silfverberg
McGinn-Rakell-Perry

Second by far. I am loving McGinn and Perry as a 1-2 wrecking ball up close and personal, and Perron has surely shown touches of magic with Getz. Stewart is the weakest link but his bulk will be needed against top heavy WC teams. I kinda doubt Pirri can keep up against Kings or Hawks, at least as long as he's not 100%.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014

McGinn-Getzlaf-Perry
Cogs-Kesler-Silfverberg
Perron-Rakell-Stewart

or

Perron-Getzlaf-Stewart
Cogs-Kesler-Silfverberg
McGinn-Rakell-Perry

I like them both pretty equally, but I could see Bruce using option 1 more at home where he can control the matchups, or in any game where we're trailing.

Option 2 looks like a better option for road games to spread out our offense and make us more difficult to key in on with shutdown lines/pairings.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Call me crazy.

But if we ever struggle in the playoffs, I'd like to try this.

McGinn-Getzlaf-Silfverberg

Cogliano-Kesler-Garbutt

Penner-Rakell-Perry

Thompson-Horcoff-Stewart

This means that Getzlaf's line will get to feast on the other team's 3rd/4th line, while Kesler's shut down the first and Rakell's will dominate any second line in the NHL.

And no. I don't see Pirri as someone who can handle the playoffs and Ritchie is at least one year from contributing in the NHL.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Perron-Getzlaf, Kesler-Silfverberg, Rakell-Perry. Don't care whomever's the third wheel.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Bridge Rakell at 3.5M. Sign Perron to 4M. Trade Cogliano, Vatanen, Andersen and Stoner. (Yes, I know, who the **** would want Stoner, but lets imagine for one sec...)

Crude cap estimates:

Perron (4M) - Getzlaf (8.25M) - UFA (1M)
UFA (1M) - Kesler (6.875M) - Silfver (3.75M)
Ritchie (894K) - Rakell (3.5M) - Perry (8.625M)
UFA (1M) - Thumper (1.6M) - Garbutt (900K)
~41.4M

Fowler (4M) - Despres (3.7M)
Lindholm (6M) - Manson (825K)
Theodore (863K) - Bieksa (4M)
~19.4M

Gibson (2.3M)
UFA (1M)
~3.3M

That's 64.1 million. Obviously this is a fantasy land post.

EDIT: Forgot about Pirri (currently 900K). Can't see him making much unless he goes nuts in the playoffs.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Bridge Rakell at 3.5M. Sign Perron to 4M. Trade Cogliano, Vatanen, Andersen and Stoner. (Yes, I know, who the **** would want Stoner, but lets imagine for one sec...)

Crude cap estimates:

~41.4M

~19.4M

Gibson (2.3M)
UFA (1M)
~3.3M

EDIT: Forgot about Pirri (currently 900K). Can't see him making much unless he goes nuts in the playoffs.

Why are you trading Cogs in this? 64.1 million is extremely low, even for a budget team. Ottawa spends near the least amount of all teams, and they pay 68 million. We can afford to keep Cogs easily.

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015
Fowler is underrated on this forum overall but very overrated in the Anaheim forum
I think people still go back to his original projection as an offensive d man and think he is bad defensively. Like how people think Vatanen is bad defensively because he puts up points. People seem to forget that Fowler is only 24 and defensemen don't hit their prime until later. I do like fowler with the A, too.

Oct 18, 2011
fowler is elite at breakouts there is documented proof of that, he's a top pair caliber dman on most teams in the league

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Fowler is underrated on this forum overall but very overrated in the Anaheim forum

Agreed. Cam has his flaws but I don't understand posters that want him gone so badly. He plays the toughest minutes on the team by far. We saw Vats struggle playing Fowler's role when he was injured, and Lindholm is still inconsistent; he's taken over some games this year and flashes huge potential, but he's not at that level on a game to game basis. Will he be able to take that role next year? Maybe, but it's a gamble. Even worse are the people who want Theodore to come up to take Fowler's role. That's an insane amount of responsibility to put on a rookie that needs time to develop.

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013
ESPN has an article out on Raks and it gives a different perspective on him that is shared by many on this board. http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15064849/nhl-rickard-rakell-quick-adjustments-paying-anaheim-ducks

This article talks about how defensive minded Ricky is, where he is more defensive minded and defensive responsible than offensive minded according to his coach in juniors at Plymouth. In fact, the article says that Ricky was a defenisve oriented defenseman up until the age of 14. Yes, Raks needs work in improving his face off %, but he is not the defensive liability that many portray him as on this board. Raks is only 22 years old, so with experience and working at it, I would imagine he will be better in face off circle in the years to come.

duxfever

Mar 29, 2009
Orange, CA
ESPN has an article out on Raks and it gives a different perspective on him that is shared by many on this board. http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15064849/nhl-rickard-rakell-quick-adjustments-paying-anaheim-ducks

This article talks about how defensive minded Ricky is, where he is more defensive minded and defensive responsible than offensive minded according to his coach in juniors at Plymouth. In fact, the article says that Ricky was a defenisve oriented defenseman up until the age of 14. Yes, Raks needs work in improving his face off %, but he is not the defensive liability that many portray him as on this board. Raks is only 22 years old, so with experience and working at it, I would imagine he will be better in face off circle in the years to come.

I seem to remember when he was drafted people were pegging him as a defensively responsible, 3rd line center that could chip in on the offensive side with his high end upside being a 2C. My memory is not the best though!

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015

Crude cap estimates:

~41.4M

~19.4M

Gibson (2.3M)
UFA (1M)
~3.3M

Unlikely we find even 1 top 6 forward for 1M let alone 2 of them.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014

Interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad