League News: 2015-16 Around the League VIII (NHL News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Doubt it. Management's attention is likely focused on tracking the market to see who they can scoop up and in re-signing their pending RFAs.

Plus there's still the whole expansion draft thing, and the (unlikely) concept they wait until after the expansion draft to extend Alzner so they can leave him unprotected.

Nah - you can't risk having him even be close to free agency. Lock him up and don't even take that risk. What if we do have a deep playoff run and Alzner is locking **** down and rumors are out there he could get paid top D money.... Gotta lock the man up early and make it a priority.

Plus, it's not like GMBM is going to be busy once the season starts since he doesn't do any moves in-season that matter - so he'll have plenty of time to work on the current players deals :)

..... My GMBM hate is getting to be too much maybe. Time for me to take a step back? lol.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Is the Hedman deal what we have to look forward to for Carlson? That's a lot of dough.

Carlson's not nearly as good but he has similar boxcars to Hedman. I'd imagine he won't make quite as much but he's going to command a huge deal.

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
I'm hoping Carlson's next contract falls somewhere in between the 6-7 mil range.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Honestly Eric Staal at the same price as Lars Eller seems like a better option at 3C. It's not like Staal's 35, he's 31 and still puts up decent point totals and crushes possession. Yeah he stank with NY, but over a larger sample he is still very effective.

Between the Canes and the Rangers the Caps saw a lot of him, so I have to think that Caps management was not impressed. Listening to the hockey channel on xm a few weeks back one of the hosts described him as an "old" 31, that his time in the NHL is showing its wear on him.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hamhuis was able to leave money on the table with the Texas state taxes. If Hamhuis was on the table the same year as Orpik he would have made the same salary or more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad