League News: 2015-16 Around the League VIII (NHL News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Connolly @ $850k won't add a whole lot of speed but he's worth a shot. Not bad...and fine to bury in Hershey if need be.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Whose cap-situation-per-roster-talent is better than the Caps right now? I'd like your list since you seem fixated on their lack of cap situation.

Pittsburgh, and really that's all the matters since they will likely have to face them within the first two rounds of the playoffs.

I like Tampa's a little bit more too, though the Callahan deal is really bad. Again, a possible third round opponent.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Pittsburgh, and really that's all the matters since they will likely have to face them within the first two rounds of the playoffs.

I like Tampa's a little bit more too, though the Callahan deal is really bad. Again, a possible third round opponent.

Pittsburgh's third line guys played lights out. Can they do it again? Maybe. But it also could have been lightning in a bottle. TBD.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Pittsburgh's third line guys played lights out. Can they do it again? Maybe. But it also could have been lightning in a bottle. TBD.

Phil Kessel is legit and has been forever, Nick Bonino scores like a second line center and has his entire career, and Hagelin is a very solid and speedy third liner. They'll be good against next year.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
While I don't like Winnik's price tag, he's a much better every day 4th liner than Galiev or Connolly.

Not sure. I think him and Connolly are pretty even.

I think they should move Winnik for a cheaper option - or preferably cut his salary altogether. Hell, why not put Vrana in that spot? Vrana killed it in AHL playoffs and is ready.... putting him on the 4th line is no biggy. Adds bottom scoring potential too.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Not sure. I think him and Connolly are pretty even.

I think they should move Winnik for a cheaper option - or preferably cut his salary altogether. Hell, why not put Vrana in that spot? Vrana killed it in AHL playoffs and is ready.... putting him on the 4th line is no biggy. Adds bottom scoring potential too.

They need someone on the team to kill penalties. Winnik does that. Connolly, Galiev, and Vrana don't. Winnik is a useful defensive forward.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Pittsburgh lost one of their top 4 defensemen. Does that not change your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->