League News: 2015-16 Around the League VII (NHL News n' Scores n' Stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
So if Keith uses the concussion as an excuse, the NHL will know that it's BS after reading this article. Great idea. Keith has to get over 5 games.

NHL doesn't care, they'll give what McKenzie, Dreger and other media members wants them to give.

Meanwhile Travis Hamonic is out injured again. Does that guy ever play this late in the season?

Last edited:

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Harmonic out rest of regular season.

Out west....Ducks lose Rakell to appendicitis, Andersen to a concussion, and Parron has a separated shoulder.

Injuries man.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Too much effort.

Seems like awfully similar list as to years before. That only by checking Metro division. Hamonic, Maatta, Malkin. Feels like it's the same group year after year.

I hope we can't add TJ Oshie to that list anytime soon. I mean, his health around this time of the year is something Blues fans thought is a concern. Either completely off the line-up or playing 50%. I hope he is given some rest as he is clearly dinged up right now.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
isles down 2-0 and flyers up 2-0 (different games)

if it holds, isles would only be 2 points up on flyers with 5 games left for both

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
isles down 2-0 and flyers up 2-0 (different games)

if it holds, isles would only be 2 points up on flyers with 5 games left for both

Flyers can definetly catch and pass the Isles. Only easy game left on Isles schedule is Buffalo.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
Penguins are gonna win it all this year. Getting hot at the right time

Just cause that's our luck.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

they playing the islanders who flat out stink right now.

can the pens beat the rangers in round one without malkin and fluery?

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
they playing the islanders who flat out stink right now.

can the pens beat the rangers in round one without malkin and fluery?

Unfortunately, Pens are best team in hockey right now. Beating everyone, good and bad, and blowing out some of them, to boot.

Actually i am rooting for Malkin to return sooner rather than later because weirdly, that team seems to do best when either 71 or 87 on the shelf.

The revelation has been some of the bottom-6 guys. Cullen, Bonino, Kuhnhackl, Rust, Sheary, people like that. Lately those guys are getting a lot of the points for that team.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

Isn't Fleury out with a concussion?

I'll eat my hat if Matt Murray backstops them to the Cup this season. That's Lundqvist in the 1st round and Holtby in the 2nd round, and IMO Bishop/Rask in the ECF. Hats off if he pulls that off.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Unfortunately, Pens are best team in hockey right now. Beating everyone, good and bad, and blowing out some of them, to boot.

Actually i am rooting for Malkin to return sooner rather than later because weirdly, that team seems to do best when either 71 or 87 on the shelf.

The revelation has been some of the bottom-6 guys. Cullen, Bonino, Kuhnhackl, Rust, Sheary, people like that. Lately those guys are getting a lot of the points for that team.

That should be a concern for them, if they expect these guys to keep playing at the same pace. Also, their game is based on speed, but I wonder how they will fare in the playoffs when the obstruction increases tenfold.

Very impressive team for the past month or so, but their fans seem ready to hand them the Cup.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Isn't Fleury out with a concussion?

I'll eat my hat if Matt Murray backstops them to the Cup this season. That's Lundqvist in the 1st round and Holtby in the 2nd round, and IMO Bishop/Rask in the ECF. Hats off if he pulls that off.

Yeah, I think goaltending will hamper them.

But really, this Pens team reminds me of the 2010 Caps. Lots of O and without Fleury very suspect in their own zone overall. Wouldn't be at all surprised if they flamed out in a 7-game series.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I don't know how one would expect big results from this team and be afraid of some birds at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad