WC: 2015 — Team USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Too bad Kessel decided to stay home. He could have won something for a change.

Seriously though I wonder if this will make any impact on more players accepting invites next season?

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Pretty proud of this team.
Pretty much dismissed before the tournament, and did a heck of
a job. Was very happy they "showed up" for the bronze game.

Nice job guys.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Pretty proud of this team.
Pretty much dismissed before the tournament, and did a heck of
a job. Was very happy they "showed up" for the bronze game.

Nice job guys.

No doubt. After seeing the Olympic squad mail it in for the bronze medal game against the Finns, this was refreshing to see.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
All I can see is a goalie with these on his shoulders..

vipermachinegunicon.png

That was Garth Snow :sarcasm:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yep...what a joke NBC Sports showed motocross instead of this game...unreal.

Very proud of these guys...not even technically our decisions team but they played with all heart and soul out there...we are only getting better with younger guys stepping up every year

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Very proud of the way these guys played in this tournament and represented our country. Hats off to them!

Still, I really think the USA hockey really needs to look at how players are picked for the "sexy" tournaments, such as the Olympics and the World Cup. Players that turn down invitations to the World Championships should not be allowed to play in the big tournaments. I would rather have guys who really want to play for the U.S. when asked than a bunch of talented prima donnas. Where did that get us in Sochi, or the last World Cup? I'm tired of year after year hearing about all the U.S. NHL'ers that turn down playing, yet you hear Ovechkin and Plecanics fly over without hesitation. Where is the pride in playing for the U.S.A.? So if a player wants to claim he's " injured" and turn down the WC's so he can go get passed-out drunk with his buddies, then he shouldn't be playing in the Olympics or World Cup.
The rate of acceptance or refusal to participate goes hand in hand with the level of importance of the tournament from the home fans. Players like Ovechkin and Plekanec always say yes to their national team because they know that people at home do care about the World Championships. North American fans on the other hand keep saying that they don't care for the tournament, so why would the players go when the fans don't care? I am certain there's a correlation between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad