WC: 2015 — Team USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Bogosian now going to Buffalo will make him available, and if healthy he should play if he wants any sniff in 2016...

Florida might be our saving grace as Bjugstad, , Jimmy Hayes, Grimaldi, Montoya, and Trocheck will all be available..likely we will need all of them...:laugh:

Petry will be traded out of Edmonton so pretty much forget him, plus he is a UFA as well I believe..

Carolina will give us J-M Lisle, Faulk, Gerbe, Dwyer, and Gleason....so outside of Faulk, not very much...

Jack Eichel will be available :yo: that in itself is worth it to see!!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yandle will likely get moved, but Connor Murphy is a nice young dman to see what he can do. Same for Chris Summers.

Colorado would give us EJ and Zach Redmond on defense, but nothing else...

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
JVR-Umberger-Kessel
Foligno-Bjustad-Ryan
Parise-Brown-Condra
Hayes-Atkinson-Lewis
Gerbe

Suter- Faulk
Gardnier-Yandle
E. Johnson-Goligoski
Merrill-J. Johnson
Petry-Lewis
McBain-Bogosian

Schneider-Anderson-Bishop-Quick

Lots to choose from. The Kings and Panthers could still make the playoffs. Columbus and Toronto give the US some real good options. Lots of RWs not as many centers. I think Minnesota gets into the playoffs.

Could you see Eichel, Hanifin, Santini and Tuch getting invites once players start declining ? or do they get invites anyways ?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
JVR-Umberger-Kessel
Foligno-Bjustad-Ryan
Parise-Brown-Condra
Hayes-Atkinson-Lewis
Gerbe

Suter- Faulk
Gardnier-Yandle
E. Johnson-Goligoski
Merrill-J. Johnson
Petry-Lewis
McBain-Bogosian

Schneider-Anderson-Bishop-Quick

Lots to choose from. The Kings and Panthers could still make the playoffs. Columbus and Toronto give the US some real good options. Lots of RWs not as many centers. I think Minnesota gets into the playoffs.

Could you see Eichel, Hanifin, Santini and Tuch getting invites once players start declining ? or do they get invites anyways ?

I know you are just listing all available names, but the memo needs to be out on Umberger as that ship has sailed...he never plays for the US at the WC...he only wanted a chance to play in the Olympics when the stage was bigger...plus I am sure he is finishing up his 9th year of Associate degree classes so count him out.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I doubt Parise and Suter would play. Top American veterans rarely consider this tournament and they've had tough years with both of them having lost their fathers.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Brandon Bochenski - Ryan Vesce - Dan Sexton
Steve Moses - Derek Ryan - Chad Kolarik
Tim Stapleton - Bill Thomas - Matt Anderson
Bill Sweatt - Jeff Taffe - Brock Little

Mike Lundin - Nick Bailen
Ryan Gunderson - Ryan Whitney
Matt Gilroy - Derek Quint
Kevin Kapstad - Noah Welch

Carl Heeter
Ryan Zapolski

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Carl Heeter
Ryan Zapolski

that about sums it up....just add Yan Stastny and we are set!

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen

Carl Heeter
Ryan Zapolski

Looks good.

kulenova seka

Carl Heeter
Ryan Zapolski

Bill Thomas is on the way to get croatian passport and it is very likely that he is going to debut for Croatia at upcoming WC D1B.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Bill Thomas is on the way to get croatian passport and it is very likely that he is going to debut for Croatia at upcoming WC D1B.

Nope. He'll be playing for the US at this year's world championships. It's a done deal.

jka*

JVR-Umberger-Kessel-Foligno-Bjustad-Ryan-Parise plus one great goalie to win tournament.

1st gold since World Cup back in 1990's and first WC gold since 1960's.

Same like Finland twice in WC.

Offensive tactics is great in me town season 11-12 with one american great player.

62p in 50 or 55 matches and season before in Asplöven with 81p season before in me town. Best division one player in Sweden whole 21 century ->->-> Eric Przepiorka. No matches in nhl.

jka*

Carl Heeter
Ryan Zapolski

Worse american team ever.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I know you are just listing all available names, but the memo needs to be out on Umberger as that ship has sailed...he never plays for the US at the WC...he only wanted a chance to play in the Olympics when the stage was bigger...plus I am sure he is finishing up his 9th year of Associate degree classes so count him out.

You wouldn't want him anyway. He's declined a lot over the years making him essentially a 4th line caliber player in the NHL. I would take Chris VandeVelde over him just on the Flyers roster.

I'm really hoping Shayne Gostisbehere can get back in time from his injury to get a look as the extra games would be nice to make some time missed.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012

Carl Heeter
Ryan Zapolski

according to a report on a Russian website. He expects to receive citizenship of Kazakhstan soon and compete for Kazakhstan this spring in Div 1 tournament.

http://allhockey.ru/news/show/21422...jshee_vremya_poluchit_grazhdanstvo_Kazahstana

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
The only potential saving grace for this team (or any USA WC, really) is that this tournament could likely be the last international audition for those players what want to play in the 2016 World Cup.

Granted, there's also the 2016 World Championships but that will be a quick turnaround into the World Cup, especially in what will be a shorter than normal summer for the top players so I'm less optimistic about the turnaround next year than this year.

Here are the realistic targets right now for teams out of it barring some big runs:

F - Brandon Dubinsky
F - Matt Hendricks
F - Nick Foligno
F - Nathan Gerbe
F - Brian Gionta
F - Stephen Gionta
F - Phil Kessel
F - David Legwand
F - Bobby Ryan
F - James van Riemsdyk
D - Zach Bogosian
D - Justin Faulk
D - Jake Gardiner
D - Andy Greene
D - Jack Johnson
D - Jon Merrill
D - Connor Murphy
D - Keith Yandle
G - Cory Schneider
G - Craig Anderson

I didn't include guys that are going to be free agents like Cam Atkinson, Jeff Petry, etc.

The good news is other than Kessel, Schneider and JVR none of these guys can be consider "locks" or "near locks" but there's a lot of bubble guys here that would certainly set themselves up nicely to make Team USA at the World Cup if they show up here and play well. Not that I expect a lot of guys here to play if invited but still a nice group to target early. If players like Ryan and Johnson don't hold grudges and guys like Dubinsky, Foligno, Faulk, Yandle, etc. take the opportunity it could be an exciting squad. Plus, a guy like Schneider would have a great opportunity to showcase himself as a contender for the starter role.

Overly optimistic, yes as always, but it helps keep this tournament interesting.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I will say it again, this team will rely heavily on Florida and Columbus missing the playoffs...

Foligno, Bjugstad, Dubinsky, Johnson, Atkinson, and Trocheck would be a hell of a start...

a lock now that Gaudreau plays as well with Calgary not going to make it..

Gaudreau and Eichel are locks for this team, if we can get most of the names above which is realistic, this team could be very exciting to watch...

Foligno seems like the most important guy here to play as he has a legit shot at the 2016 World Cup team, and showing up now will certainly help his cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad