WC: 2015 — Team Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dris

Feb 22, 2014
Helsinki
Leo might get Pillu and Immonen going.

Yeah you are right, Leo always gets Pillu...:yo:

Konna should not have featured in the team this year, he should get operated and focus on regaining his fitness. As a fan is sad to see his performance this year :(

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Yeah you are right, Leo always gets Pillu...:yo:

Konna should not have featured in the team this year, he should get operated and focus on regaining his fitness. As a fan is sad to see his performance this year :(

Who should have been there in his place? Hirschovits? Not too many centres who had a good year..

Of course Hytönen could have gotten more playing time and Komarov moved into the middle...

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
Who should have been there in his place? Hirschovits? Not too many centres who had a good year..

Of course Hytönen could have gotten more playing time and Komarov moved into the middle...

Yeah, no options really. Could've gambled on playoff reinforcements, but that would've been super risky.

Dris

Feb 22, 2014
Helsinki

Partially agreed...but I'd rather would give a chance to a young prospect rather than exposing a good player in not the best form...I just hope Kontiola regains his form

Hope he proves me wrong tonight :)

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
What happened to Koskiranta and Salminen/Enlund? Would have made a nice 2nd line.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
What happened to Koskiranta and Salminen/Enlund? Would have made a nice 2nd line.

Koskiranta and Enlund declined the invite.

Something weird happened with Salminen though. He scored goals in every practice game he played at but still got cut before the final week.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Koskiranta and Enlund declined the invite.

Something weird happened with Salminen though. He scored goals in every practice game he played at but still got cut before the final week.

My guess is they felt that finesse forward quota was reached with Aaltonen, Donskoi and Jokinen

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
Well, that was that. A disappointing tournament. Should be time to start more aggressively bringing in new blood next year.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Time to rebuild. The old guys aren't just good enough anymore. Just bring in every available young NHL and AHL player next year..

Funnily enough our rookies Donskoi, Lindell, Kemppainen, Barkov and Louhivaara were the best players. Hopefully this teaches KJ something.

Sabane

Feb 16, 2014
8 D-men works very well... Nooot... Atte Ohtamaa was on ice when opponent scored their four (4!) first goals!! IMO he was the worst D-men a year ago and he didn't dissapoint me this year either.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
8 D-men works very well... Nooot... Atte Ohtamaa was on ice when opponent scored their four (4!) first goals!! IMO he was the worst D-men a year ago and he didn't dissapoint me this year either.

It's not really his fault that he is forced to play #1 shutdown d-man role in this team.

He would've been just fine in Mäntylä's role.

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland

If we played with 7 defensemen, he would've played more. He was out earlier only because of an injury.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
When you have six world-class d-men who are all used to playing 20+ minutes a night, you play with three pairs.

When you have to do with guys who are passable, but somewhat suspect on some counts, you play with four.

Simple as that.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
You mean Mosambik and Uganda games were worth of a mention?
Stop making a donkey's backside of yourself. They may not be on the level of the elite, but those are still very legitimate hockey countries our guys shut down.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Kontiola had no business to be in this team. Couldn't skate so decided to slow the whole **** down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad