WC: 2015 — Team Denmark

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
So top 3 this tournament became Sebastian Dahm, Daniel Nielsen and Patrick Bjørkstrand.
Wonder why not Oliver Lauridsen? (but perhaps they chose a goalie, a d-man and a forward on purpose?).

Yeah, there tends to be a lot of unwritten rules for these kinds of awards...

I would have picked Dahm (obvious choice), Morten Madsen (none of our forwards showed much in terms of offense, but IMHO Madsen was the best defensive forward) and maybe Nicholas B. Jensen (mostly because I thought he would be way over his head at this level and he actually did OK).

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Mission accomplished. Some didn't have faith in this team but they got it done. Well done

Dahm, Daniel Nielsen and Hardt for me.

Actually if I were to roughly grade the team:

Great: Dahm, Daniel Nielsen, Oliver Lauridsen, Morten Madsen, Julian Jakobsen, Nichlas Hardt
Good: Oliver Bjorkstrand, Jesper B. Jensen, Emil Kristensen, Jesper Jensen, Patrick Bjorkstrand, Nicholas Jensen, Galbraith
Okay: Bødker, Morten Green, Morten Poulsen, Anders Poulsen, Thomas Spelling
Meh: Staal, Starkov, Frederik Storm
Bad: Markus Lauridsen, Bau

What about disapointments?

For Me:

Boedker, Marcus Lauridsen and Hardt.

There's always a downside huh? :laugh:

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Mission accomplished. Some didn't have faith in this team but they got it done. Well done

Great: Dahm, Daniel Nielsen, Oliver Lauridsen, Morten Madsen, Julian Jakobsen, Nichlas Hardt
Good: Oliver Bjorkstrand, Jesper B. Jensen, Emil Kristensen, Jesper Jensen, Patrick Bjorkstrand, Nicholas Jensen, Galbraith

Good write up, but you really have Hardt in the top 3?
I have him as many of the others forwards as hard working defensively (goes for Madsen and Jacobsen as well), but offense really lacking somewhat.
But I can only be very happy that we stayed up with this team. It was IMO all through fantastic goalkeeping (Galbraith good and Dahm splendid) and also very tight defense.
I think it is very hard to pass on Daniel Nielsen and Oliver Lauridsen, whereas I think everyone would agree on Dahm in top-3.

Production wise it's not that impressive with Morten Madsen with 4P as best forward:
Morten Madsen 0G 4A
Julian Jakobsen 2G 1A
Daniel Nielsen 2G 1A (this beside his good defense makes him a certain top 3 in my book).
Nichlas Hardt 1G 2A

With this new format of 7 game-group matches it has looked like this:
2015: 7 games; Goal difference: 10-20
2014: 7 games, Gd: 17-27
2013: 7 games, Gd: 13-20
2012: 7 games, Gd: 13-23

So last year was unusually good in offense and bad in defense.
This year pretty bad offense (maybe the worst ever since 2004?) and as good defense as 2013 (where it included Philip Larsen and Stefan Lassen)

This was really a dodged bullet for Denmark. It felt like 2004 where we needed a Japanese own goal to survive :laugh:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

There's always a downside huh? :laugh:

No, but you can always improve :nod:

That Said, I did say even tho I Was dissapointed in the team, all is forgiven:)

And I had no faith for good reason, this Was Indeed a Dodged bullet, Ironic this Was the year we finaly Got Norway:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad