WC: 2015 — Team Denmark

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Let us see if that actually makes any difference. I kind of doubt it.

Stefan Lassen to...

I'm on the wait-and-see with Bjorkstrand to. They're not gonna break up the first two lines, so he's gonna enter a lower line that hasn't been doing well. It could be a boy or a girl.

Lets take the positive view here gentlemen...There is a lot of doubt whether it will be a difference maker(we could not be sure one of the "real" nhl players would be a difference maker either). but it is an improvemental over what we have. He will certainly do better than Bau on the third line. Bau can then go back to the 4th line where he is best suited anyway.

When does Denmark play next I'm really hoping Bjorkstrand can help them out and can do well

He will arrive Wednesday. The coach has said that he will play straight off the plane vs russia. We have one game beforehand tomorrow vs. belarus. He will probably start on the third line. His brother is on the 1st line

Last edited:

RedLeaf099*

I wish the World Cup didn't do that stupid Europe team.
Would've really liked to see the best Denmark team.
They're starting to put together quite a team. The new Switzerland maybe?

M.Boedker-----F.Nielsen----L.Eller
J.Hansen-----P.Regin-----N.Ehlers
N.Jensen-----N.Hardt-----M.Madsen
P.Bjorkstrand--M.Green--N.Olesen

P.Larsen-----K.Staal
O.Lauridsen---M.Lauridsen
D.Nielsen-----M.Bodker

F.Andersen
P.Galbraith

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
You say this every year. Has one of your proficies actually ever come through?

Huh??? I Think you remember incorrectly :)

I May be a pessimist, but I actually have only once before Said we would relegate.

There is a difference between being a pessimist and actually just stating we Will relegate every year:)
I still Think we Will relegate this year.

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I wish the World Cup didn't do that stupid Europe team.
Would've really liked to see the best Denmark team.
They're starting to put together quite a team. The new Switzerland maybe?

P.Larsen-----K.Staal
D.Nielsen-----M.Bodker

F.Andersen
P.Galbraith

the problem is that we would never really qualify for a top 8 world cup even if they allowed 8 national teams. We sre always missing so many players(Norway for instance have almost all their players in europe) that we have only finished 8th once. but we tend to agree that we are a top 8 team if we could field them all.

Kudos on including Olesen...he is far from the team at the moment but a nice little talent.

K.Staal in defence? haha...The lines would be quite a bit different but the point is that we have a potentially very good team.

Last edited:

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
the problem is that we would never really qualify for a top 8 world cup even if they allowed 8 national teams. We sre always missing so many players(Norway for instance have almost all their players in europe) that we have only finished 8th once. but we tend to agree that we are a top 8 team if we could field them all.

Kudos on including Olesen...he is far from the team at the moment but a nice little talent.

K.Staal in defence? haha...The lines would be quite a bit different but the point is that we have a potentially very good team.

The D is still pretty weak - maybe it's time for Staal to transition to D? :laugh:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark

P.Larsen-----K.Staal
D.Nielsen-----M.Bodker

F.Andersen
P.Galbraith

At first I wanted to point out that one of these things are not like the other. Then the little things started hitting me and I realized that it's not easy if you don't know Danish hockey :) So kudos for knowing who Nick Olesen is. Then there's the talent judgement where we'll agree to disagree :laugh:

re: Bjorkstrand> There's no reason not to be happy about adding anybody to the mix where there's reasonable hope of improvement. And just getting a young, successful forward to the team after a devastating loss could be a great timing. But while there's reason for hope, I'm not gonna attach much expectations to a junior player :)

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I Think that Norwegian win against the Slovaks might have sealed the deal for us... So massively dissapointed in this team....

Norway beats us, and the same goes for Slovenia.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I Think that Norwegian win against the Slovaks might have sealed the deal for us... So massively dissapointed in this team....

Norway beats us, and the same goes for Slovenia.

I can't say that I'm disappointed with this team as we are lacking so many good players.
Playing their worst game against Belarus where points really counted was disappointing (and losing a 1-0 lead), but they got on well defensively against Slovakia, Finland and Russia and avoided blowouts, even earning 1 point.

Yet again when you see Belarus beating USA 5-2, we are just in a hard group, where Slovenia is the only opponent we have a real great chance of winning over (as we always lose to Norway).

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I can't say that I'm disappointed with this team as we are lacking so many good players.
Playing their worst game against Belarus where points really counted was disappointing (and losing a 1-0 lead), but they got on well defensively against Slovakia, Finland and Russia and avoided blowouts, even earning 1 point.

Yet again when you see Belarus beating USA 5-2, we are just in a hard group, where Slovenia is the only opponent we have a real great chance of winning over (as we always lose to Norway).

We all have our own Way of meassuring succes's, I dont only incl. Results, but overall play, and heart.
I Think that most games have been some of the worst I have seen.

I know we have a bad team this year, but I guess i just expected a little more tenacity and jump.
I see how other teams Can perform wothhout NHL Stars and Wonder if our Euro guys are up to standards.

To be honest, based on this tourney, I Think both Storm and Jesper Jesen will dissapoint in the SHL.

Will be interesting to see if we Can promote again straight away.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Key game is and all the times has been the one against Slovenia. We can improve our situation until that, but it is gonna come down to that game. And it wouldn't have taken a crystal ball to predict that was gonna see that coming. Shouldn't take anybody by surprise. Norway and Belarus may have switched places in my mind but otherwise this WC have been pretty predictable. And the Slovak point is nice to have. Now we got two chances to pick up three - perhaps only two - points.

Do or die.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Key game is and all the times has been the one against Slovenia. We can improve our situation until that, but it is gonna come down to that game. And it wouldn't have taken a crystal ball to predict that was gonna see that coming. Shouldn't take anybody by surprise. Norway and Belarus may have switched places in my mind but otherwise this WC have been pretty predictable. And the Slovak point is nice to have. Now we got two chances to pick up three - perhaps only two - points.

Do or die.

A win against Norway would be Nice though:laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So top 3 this tournament became Sebastian Dahm, Daniel Nielsen and Patrick Bjørkstrand.
Wonder why not Oliver Lauridsen? (but perhaps they chose a goalie, a d-man and a forward on purpose?).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad