WC: 2015 — Team Denmark

Hammer15

Dec 30, 2014
Herlev, Denmark
I am quite sure Dahm will not play in Rødovre next season. He is simply to good for the Danish league. I wonder if an Allsvenskan team would be interested?

I know that Bjorkloven were very interested in Dahm last year. They only have one goalie on contract at the moment, so that would be an opportunity. He is good enough!

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Final roster for Team Denmark:

Goalies:
Patrick Galbraith, Karlskrona (SWE)
Simon Nielsen, Lørenskrog (NOR)
Sebastian Dahm, Rødovre Mighty Bulls (DEN)

Backs:
Mads Bødker, SønderjyskE (DEN)
Daniel Nielsen, Blue Fox Herning (DEN)
Bjørn Uldall, Blue Fox Herning (DEN)
Markus Lauridsen, Lake Erie Monsters (USA)
Oliver Lauridsen, Leigh Valley Phantoms (USA)
Emil Kristensen, Oskarshamn (SWE)
Jesper B. Jensen, Färjestad (SWE)
Nicholas B. Jensen, Aalborg Pirates (DEN)

Forwards:
Frederik Storm, Malmö (SWE)
Patrick Bjorkstrand, SaiPa (FIN)
Morten Green, Schwenninger Wild Wings (GER)
Kiril Starkov, Red Ice (SUI)
Kim Staal, Tohoku Free Blades (JPN)
Morten Madsen, Hamburg Freezers (GER)
Julian Jakobsen, Hamburg Freezers (GER)
Anders Poulsen, Oskarshamn (SWE)
Morten Poulsen, Oskarshamn (SWE)
Jesper Jensen, Rögle (SWE)
Nichlas Hardt, Linköping (SWE)
Mathias Bau Hansen, Frederikshavn White Hawks (DEN)
Thomas Spelling, SønderjyskE (DEN)

On paper, probably the weakest team we have entered a WCH with in the last decade. Might be tough to avoid relegation this year. It will in the end all come down to how well the team work together.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Would Nielsen join if NYI is knocked out? Looks like they left one forward spot open before maxing out the roster.

Last edited:

BubbaCZE

Apr 29, 2015
Denmark - Slovakia

Hi all, I cant attend game between Slovakia x Denmark (2.5. at 12.00 in Ostrava) and I dont want the tickets (2 seats next to each other) to be waste, by any chance anyone interseted to buy it feel free to email me - [email protected] - I can sell it for its original price....

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen

I don't like the sound of Nielsen's quote. He says he's ready to go, but also makes it sound like he expects (if not downright hopes) the Islanders will stop him from going...

Jake

Feb 28, 2002
Oxford, UK
www.pseudoart.dk
On paper, probably the weakest team we have entered a WCH with in the last decade. Might be tough to avoid relegation this year. It will in the end all come down to how well the team work together.

I don't agree that it's the weakest team. It may be the team with fewest individuals who can make a difference, but depth wise, we have been way worse off before. It seems fairly solid with no weak links per se. Except for the indiviual difference makers, as I said. I won't expect any upsets, but I think they'll get enough points in the round robin to avoid the relegation. Barely.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I don't like the sound of Nielsen's quote. He says he's ready to go, but also makes it sound like he expects (if not downright hopes) the Islanders will stop him from going...

just being realistic. I will never doubt that his commitment to the national team. He had showed up every time he has been allowed and I remember that he lobbied and convinced mikkel bødker to go a few years ago after he had been considering not going due to his wife having giving birth dome time before. read his full quotes. They are in several other articles from the last few days. He says that he feels ready but that he doubts that he will be allowed to go. He has even looked at the schedule and expects to be able to make the belarus game if he is allowed to go.

After a meeting with the GM, Frans has been denied a chance to go to the wc.

"Jeg havde snakket med Morten Green og Daniel Nielsen, og håbede på et ja, og følte godt at jeg kunne spille rent fysisk. Hvis der var 3-4 NHL-spillere med, så havde jeg nok valgt at hvile, men i denne situation, havde jeg besluttet at gøre alt for at hjælpe holdet. Det er vigtigt, at vi bevarer status som A-nation, siger Frans Nielsen"

Only possible addition is oliver bjørkstrand if he goes out of the whl playoff.

Last edited:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Phew... was starting to get all worried about your health ImGoingNucks :D

Que sera sera. The mission in the first must be the test how far the D can take you. 5, 10, 20, 30 minutes perhaps. Then see what get out of working hard on offense.

Galbraith reported to start in net per TV2 Sport

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Im calling it now! DENMARK Will be relegated :(

the-end-is-nigh-megaphone.jpg

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Phew... was starting to get all worried about your health ImGoingNucks :D

Que sera sera. The mission in the first must be the test how far the D can take you. 5, 10, 20, 30 minutes perhaps. Then see what get out of working hard on offense.

Galbraith reported to start in net per TV2 Sport

Back to normal :laugh:

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Bjørkstrand is perhaps the flashy point on the radar right now for Team Denmark. But Nicklas Jensen could be ready unless Utica wins tonight.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Bjørkstrand is perhaps the flashy point on the radar right now for Team Denmark. But Nicklas Jensen could be ready unless Utica wins tonight.

And Utica won, so no Nicklas Jensen.
Oliver Bjørkstrand seems a possible addition right now (so Portland needs to lose tonight)!

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Oliver Bjorkstrand...Get your ass on that plane!

Edit: Good boy! Oliver confirmed

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Make sure you raise back fastly if you get relegated Denmark. Your hockey program has been trending upwards and looks good, relegating at this point wouldn't just be right. Wasn't there some relegation tournament though, not straight drop?

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Make sure you raise back fastly if you get relegated Denmark. Your hockey program has been trending upwards and looks good, relegating at this point wouldn't just be right. Wasn't there some relegation tournament though, not straight drop?

Lets wait with the relegation talk at least until tomorrow when we play Belarus. Looking at it though, we are basically missing an entire team on the forward side in addition to Frederik Andersen.

Larsen, Regin, Jensen, Hansen, Bødker, Ehlers, Eller, Nielsen, Christensen all could have had a decisive impact on the team. With a full roster we would be competing for a quarterfinal spot imo. Relegation or not will not change that.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Lets wait with the relegation talk at least until tomorrow when we play Belarus. Looking at it though, we are basically missing an entire team on the forward side in addition to Frederik Andersen.

Larsen, Regin, Jensen, Hansen, Bødker, Ehlers, Eller, Nielsen, Christensen all could have had a decisive impact on the team. With a full roster we would be competing for a quarterfinal spot imo. Relegation or not will not change that.

Stefan Lassen to...

I'm on the wait-and-see with Bjorkstrand to. They're not gonna break up the first two lines, so he's gonna enter a lower line that hasn't been doing well. It could be a boy or a girl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad