Olympics: 2014 - U.S. Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
I'm a big fan of Goligoski, and if I am going to pick two super off the radar prospects I'd throw out Brandon Saad (mentioned before by somebody here) and the uber dark horses...... Jason Zucker or Nick Bjugstad.

:yo: I'd be severely ok with this. Big fan of him and love watching the Hawks right now. It's can't miss TV. Goligoski as far as I'm concerned should be considered. He was so excellent with the Pens and I know people are down on him because of the trade. Should be irrelevant. I haven't watched much of his play in Dallas though so I can't really say for now...

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I thought Goligoski played well in the WC's last year as well. He's a lefty, so maybe he can sneak in on the bottom pairing or as an extra/PP guy.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Just wondering, depending on how he develops, could Galchenyuk be in contention for the American team perhaps as 4th line centre or left wing? As a dark-horse candidate, I mean.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Just wondering, depending on how he develops, could Galchenyuk be in contention for the American team perhaps as 4th line centre or left wing? As a dark-horse candidate, I mean.

I'd say he's more than a dark horse candidate. If he keeps developing, he has a real chance to make the team - with a role possibly as big as Stastny's was, since he apparently no longer wants it.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'd say he's more than a dark horse candidate. If he keeps developing, he has a real chance to make the team - with a role possibly as big as Stastny's was, since he apparently no longer wants it.

Worrddd... Gally is one of my favourites and has been since well before the draft.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham

This has picked up steam quite heavily over the past month with his current play. It's been tossed about as to whether or not he's going to have a shot. Should his current play continue, an invite to camp almost an automatic. Not to mention how well he played in the WJC. My guess is that's pretty fresh in the mind of USA Hockey and it will be going forward.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
I'm a big fan of Goligoski, and if I am going to pick two super off the radar prospects I'd throw out Brandon Saad (mentioned before by somebody here) and the uber dark horses...... Jason Zucker or Nick Bjugstad.

You dawg you. Three points tonight

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Team USA Roster in Sochi

It's obviously a little early, but thoughts on this roster...sorry if this thread has been done before:

Forwards - Kane, Callahan, Kesler, Pacioretty, Kessel, Parise, Backes, Ryan, JVR, Oshie, Brown, Pavelski, Stastny

Defense - Suter, Orpik, P. Martin, E. Johnson, J. Johnson, Yandle, Carle

Goaltenders - Quick, Miller, Anderson

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
McDonagh? Byfuglien?

Possibly Wheeler, Shattenkirk (big ice), Colin Wilson, Fowler, and Carlson.

Certainly not Orpik or Carle though.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Love USA's forward corps. Big and tough but still a ton of skill. Not sold on their defence though. But their goaltending makes up for it by far. Itll be another Canada/USA classic

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'd definitely put Schneider in as the #3. I've always preferred the 3rd goalie spot be more of a protege role. He's not exactly young anymore, but he should be a good bet going forward to contend for the starting job in 2018.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
McDonagh and Cally are definitely deserving. I like the forward core posted a lot. Maybe Wheeler. Defense has a couple more tough decisions, but I have no doubts McDonagh makes the team.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Carle?!? I wouldn't even want the guy on my AHL team, Shattenkirk is a MUCH better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad