2014 Training Camp Thread

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Apparently Backlund's injury happened training back in Sweden. It doesn't sound to, to serious but Hartley wants him ready so he'll sit. At least we know he's in good shape and he knows the system.
I dunno. sounded like it had already been a few weeks and now hearing a couple more?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I dunno. sounded like it had already been a few weeks and now hearing a couple more?

Sounds like he was training while it was sore, because he didn't think much of it at first, but then it didn't go away and he eventually started treating it like an actual injury and rested it.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Watching the scrims today, Wolf looked surprisingly good. The Flames might actually have a useful tough guy on their hands. Ferland also looked really good.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Calgary Flames ‏@NHLFlames 1m
#Flames Roster Update: Fram (D), Magee (F), McDonald (G), & Smith (F) have been assigned to their respective junior teams.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Kristen Odland @KristenOdlandCH
Sounds like #Flames C Mikael Backlund’s injury (ab strain) is worse than originally thought. “I’m worried,” said head coach Bob Hartley #NHL

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Sounds like #Flames C Mikael Backlund’s injury (ab strain) is worse than originally thought. “I’m worried,†said head coach Bob Hartley #NHL

anigif_enhanced-buzz-31123-1352415867-5.gif

**** that. Wake me up when September ends.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Sounds like #Flames C Mikael Backlund’s injury (ab strain) is worse than originally thought. “I’m worried,†said head coach Bob Hartley #NHL

Taken out of context a little bit. He didn't have any update from the medical staff regarding a setback or anything. He was just worried because he'd been expecting him to be on the ice at this point, and he is really counting on him for the start of the season.

I listened to the whole interview to try to make my own judgement, and of course the part about Backs was right at the end.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I didn't see the games but I'm hearing David is a sheep in Wolf's clothing?

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Taken out of context a little bit. He didn't have any update from the medical staff regarding a setback or anything. He was just worried because he'd been expecting him to be on the ice at this point, and he is really counting on him for the start of the season.

I listened to the whole interview to try to make my own judgement, and of course the part about Backs was right at the end.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I don't think it'll be as serious as some are taking, but you just never know. My guess is he will miss the first week of the season, so it won't be that bad. Better right now to miss the preseason than missing a month of the regular season.

Then again, it's just a strain and not a tear.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hey, don't shoot the messenger. I don't think it'll be as serious as some are taking, but you just never know. My guess is he will miss the first week of the season, so it won't be that bad. Better right now to miss the preseason than missing a month of the regular season.

Then again, it's just a strain and not a tear.

I wasn't trying to shoot anyone. Just wanted to make sure the facts were straight and II wasn't googling the tallest bridge to jump off.

As far as being NHL ready, though?

He's a lot closer than many of us were thinking.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I wasn't trying to shoot anyone. Just wanted to make sure the facts were straight and II wasn't googling the tallest bridge to jump off.

:laugh:, II will be alright. He might even be able to play one of the last preseason games, since it's only a strain.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

He's a lot closer than many of us were thinking.

Pfffft, this isn't my first rodeo. I have had my bridge picked out since the start of the summer. Who's up or a trip to San Francisco!?

#darkhumour #backlundislife

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Hunter Smith and Mason McDonald reassigned to their respective CHL teams, if not reported already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad