2014 Training Camp Thread

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
How many times do players get signed on a PTO and aren't expected to play a single preseason game if they're fully healthy?

You're arguing rhetorical semantics. Teams don't sign players so they can make sure they have the inside track on their gym workouts. They want to know how they look in game situations.

That's why I said it's debatable. It's very possible that the Flames management had no idea about Tkachev being draft-eligible either. My point was that it's encouraging that we want to improve in any way possible. Especially now since the joke is on the Oilers :lol:

Treliving has addressed specifically about getting the inside track on prospects by inviting them to camp though. He talked about it when we drafted Austin Carroll because that's exactly what happened to Austin; got invited to work out for Phoenix, and drafted next year by Treliving.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That's why I said it's debatable. It's very possible that the Flames management had no idea about Tkachev being draft-eligible either. My point was that it's encouraging that we want to improve in any way possible. Especially now since the joke is on the Oilers :lol:

Treliving has addressed specifically about getting the inside track on prospects by inviting them to camp though. He talked about it when we drafted Austin Carroll because that's exactly what happened to Austin; got invited to work out for Phoenix, and drafted next year by Treliving.

Carroll was at our camp last year, and he was draft eligible since 2002, and thus (as far as I can tell) also eligible to be signed.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I want to draft him just to piss the Oilers off, not going to lie there. That would add some zing back into the battle of Alberta

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Carroll was at our camp last year, and he was draft eligible since 2002, and thus (as far as I can tell) also eligible to be signed.

*assuming you meant since 2012 :sarcasm:

Yeah I figured it was either PHX or us, but my point stands. Camp invites happen so teams can get a better look. Clearly we weren't the only ones confused about Tkachev and his eligibility either. I see no issue in trying to get better. Tis all.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
I want to draft him just to piss the Oilers off, not going to lie there. That would add some zing back into the battle of Alberta

He'd basically be trade bait, being that he's Gaudreau-lite. But it would still be worth it.

We should draft him and then trade him to Vancouver.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad