OT: 2014 REDSKINS Thread Part I (0 - 1 - 0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Routes? I'd just have him run in a straight line as fast as he can on every down.

As the article said while he ran those go routes 2x as much as any other route he was only targetted about 15% of the time on them.

Suggests to me that they used him as a decoy on those or that the other team refused to be beat that way and kept a safety way back.

I'd give him screens and shallow crosses alot and let him generate the YAC.

I just hope he's on his best behavior.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
As the article said while he ran those go routes 2x as much as any other route he was only targetted about 15% of the time on them.

Suggests to me that they used him as a decoy on those or that the other team refused to be beat that way and kept a safety way back.

I'd give him screens and shallow crosses alot and let him generate the YAC.

I just hope he's on his best behavior.

That's exactly how I wish we'd used him, but it happened very rarely. For a guy with his speed, not a lot of his yards come after the catch.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
That's exactly how I wish we'd used him, but it happened very rarely. For a guy with his speed, not a lot of his yards come after the catch.

I guess we'll see.

He finished 17th overall last year in total YAC.

Of all players who caught 80 or more balls he was 4th in YAC/reception with 6.2. Overall he was 119th in YAC/reception out of 300 but many of those ahead of him barely had any catches so their stats were skewed.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/yards-after-the-catch/2013/

The fact is that on the field his pros heavily outweight the cons.

Its the off the field stuff that is a big concern (including his sideline behavior)

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I still have serious doubts that Washington has the culture in place to control a guy like Jackson.

Snyder-Jackson sounds like a match made in hell given what we know about his penchant to spoil his stars.

Only hope is that he learned from the Shanny fiasco. I doubt it.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I still have serious doubts that our culture could be any worse than it was last year en route to our 3-13 record from adding a guy like Jackson. Philly was not a laughing stock and made the playoffs with him.

Our players were kissing mikes arse who ran our team into the crapper. A place farther than even we thought it could go. I think last year was the worst year I have seen from the Skins.

A new low, so ashamed.

images

Sep 19, 2008
I had my doubts but they controlled DeAngelo Hall and they keep putting up with his crap and DeAngelo isn't as bad emotionally as he used to be (although he still blows up every now and then)

The delayed Kornheiser episode from April 2nd suggested that he might mature and see this as a wake up call. I didn't want a rookie head coach to deal with a pissed off Desean Jackson when things didn't go well. And the acquisition doesn't really help the biggest weakness, which is defense. Defensively, we added Ryan Clark and Tracy Porter, as well as Jason Hatcher. The secondary is still a question mark.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The contract is not bad at all. There's that. Plus he calls Hall his mentor and DHall has has matured the last few years. These factors should minimize any damage. The first year will be fun and games unless Gruden shows himself to be the Oates of football coaches.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I still have serious doubts that our culture could be any worse than it was last year en route to our 3-13 record from adding a guy like Jackson. Philly was not a laughing stock and made the playoffs with him.

Our players were kissing mikes arse who ran our team into the crapper. A place farther than even we thought it could go. I think last year was the worst year I have seen from the Skins.

A new low, so ashamed.

images

Last year was awful. I lost every bit of respect I ever had for Shanahan after I saw how that unfolded.

The guy was intentionally scuttling the ship in order to get fired and just made up all kinds of stuff and threw everyone under the bus to get there.

What on earth could have compelled him to do that after a great playoff year?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Could Shanny have handled RG3 and his injuries any worse?

He limps him into week 1, and makes him sit in the "pocket" like an idiot. Refused to try any other OL even though the OL was horrible.

Its a large miracle RG3 didn't get re-injured in 2013.

hobbies-leisure-acupuncturist-darts-dartboard-clumsy-accidental-jmp080620l.jpg

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Shanny did everything in his power to completely ruin RG3. Looking back, I hope he never gets hired again and he never gets the chance to regain his reputation, which he formally lost with that Beck bet.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
He definitely..without a DOUBT..tried to ruin RGIII last year. Its clear as day now.

This should not have been surprising I suppose. Like McNabb or hate him...how Shanny handled that situation was beyond awful.

I've never seen an established starting QB pulled with 2 minutes left in a close game because the backup "knew the 2 minute drill better". At that point Shanny just wanted to publically humiliate and shift blame to McNabb.

Maybe RGIII SHOULD have taken McNabb's call to listen to him about Shannahan???

At the time it seemed stupid. Now not so much.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The Insider ‏@Insider 1h
Redskins re-sign Rob Jackson http://wapo.st/1gWC4XU

Rob Jackson resigned... Bruce is doing work.

The contract is not bad at all. There's that. Plus he calls Hall his mentor and DHall has has matured the last few years. These factors should minimize any damage. The first year will be fun and games unless Gruden shows himself to be the Oates of football coaches.

Hopefully this is not the new Oates Face.

Screen_Shot_2014-01-09_at_7.05.38_PM.png

ryan519*

im calling 10-6. should be good enough to make the playoffs in this division, by either winning it or wild card. the way i see it, its just gonna be between philly and washington for the division

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
For those who haven't seen the schedule:

@ TEXANS
VS JAGUARS
@ EAGLES
VS GIANTS
VS SEAHAWKS
AT CARDINALS
VS TITANS
@ COWBOYS
@ VIKINGS
BYE
BUCCANEERS
@ 49ERS
@ COLTS
VS RAMS
@ GIANTS
VS EAGLES
VS COWBOYS

Last edited:

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Cant complain having 2 of the worst teams in the league 1st. Knowing the skins they will start 1-1.

I don't think you can expect the Texans to be nearly as bad, they're two years removed from a 12-4 season and they'll have the 1st pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad