OT: 2014 REDSKINS Thread Part I (0 - 1 - 0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Ryan Clark ‏@Realrclark25 22m
Redskins fans I've worn #21 to practice for 6 years now. Would it be disrespectful to wear it in Washington?

Darkproducer

Mar 25, 2008
Ryan Clark ‏@Realrclark25 22m
Redskins fans I've worn #21 to practice for 6 years now. Would it be disrespectful to wear it in Washington?

Yes. Simple answer. You can't just come back from being a steeler for like 6 years and think you can wear #21. FU RYAN CLARK.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I never realized how hilarious following the Redskins is.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m
DeSean Jackson on # he will wear in WASH: "Maybe RGIII will wear No. 3 and I'll try to get in 10. We'll see how it goes though. Never know."

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Yes. Simple answer. You can't just come back from being a steeler for like 6 years and think you can wear #21. FU RYAN CLARK.

chad dukes ‏@chaddukes 1m
Right now @Realrclark25 joins us on the show to talk about wearing number 21 for the #Redskins. Tune in to @1067thefandc

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Jackson has a high probability of being a gong show, I'm trying to be optimistic though.

Isn't this draft supposed to be pretty deep for WR?

Berakos

Jan 29, 2010
Virginia
Jackson has a high probability of being a gong show, I'm trying to be optimistic though.

Isn't this draft supposed to be pretty deep for WR?

The deepest draft in 10 years according Mike Mayock. I'm going to be a homer right now and say if Kyle Fuller is there at pick 34 they should grab him

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
For that price and short term, I love the DJ signing. Ripe for a restructuring after year 2 if he pans out.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
They need to pick BPA at 34 at any position not LT, RB, or QB. I will be happy with any position, but I'd ideally like to see a stud G so we can kick Chester to the curb. His knees are shot.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Our WRs quickly become trash after Garcon Jackson and Roberts.

Hank needs a year on IR / Protein Shakes. Robinson can't play teams. We don't need Moss to play teams anymore with Roberts and Jackson. I would rather risk Nick Williams over the vet leadership of Moss.

I want a WR or hands TE taken in the draft assuming we don't sign Britt.

I expect our 4 and 5WR to play teams. It's not complicated. Our teams will suck is none of our depth guys can play there. And our depth guys, one dimensional and never on the field.

This tall boy Gettis is my darkhorse. Otherwise we are the posse Smurfs 2.0 with no red zone threats.

I hear Jackson vanishes vs a big physical corner in press. I imagine that why he will be in the backfield more.

Is Allen a genius? This is way over my head but like the sound of active roster bonuses and workout bonuses. The NHL players need more incentives month to month.
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 5m
DeSean Jackson four-year, $32 million deal voids for 2017 if he's on the roster five days after the 2016 Super Bowl. DeSean Jackson deal has $16 million guaranteed, $5M signing bonus, fully guaranteed base salaries of $1M, $3.75M 2014, 2015. DeSean Jackson has per game active roster bonuses worth up to $1.5 million, $3.75 million, $3.75 million in 2014, 2015, 2016. DeSean Jackson has an annual $500,000 workout bonus.

Last edited:

sillygoose

Jan 15, 2009
Our WRs quickly become trash after Garcon Jackson and Roberts.

Hank needs a year on IR / Protein Shakes. Robinson can't play teams. We don't need Moss to play teams anymore with Roberts and Jackson. I would rather risk Nick Williams over the vet leadership of Moss.

I want a WR or hands TE taken in the draft assuming we don't sign Britt.

I expect our 4 and 5WR to play teams. It's not complicated. Our teams will suck is none of our depth guys can play there. And our depth guys, one dimensional and never on the field.

This tall boy Gettis is my darkhorse. Otherwise we are the posse Smurfs 2.0 with no red zone threats.

I hear Jackson vanishes vs a big physical corner in press. I imagine that why he will be in the backfield more.

Is Allen a genius? This is way over my head but like the sound of active roster bonuses and workout bonuses. The NHL players need more incentives month to month.
NHL union is too strong for those kind of contracts to be allowed, though I'd love to see more incentive based contracts.

Britt signed with the Rams

Skins signed a few teams guys already on defense. Maybe need a KR, Thompson or someone random, most kicks go out of the endzone anyway.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
With basically two receivers who can be number one and many game day designs..looking good on the offensive front. Need moar Oline.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I agree that RT should be the focus here. The awesome weapons we have won't be awesome if RGIII has 1 second to throw like last year when the Oline would get blown up in obvious passing situations.

I think DeSean is like Dez in the sense that if we are doing well he will get praise and score mad fantasy points for those who play that.

If things don't go well ...sideline antics and all kinds of drama.

But I too am a homer for Kyle Fuller but it would be hard to ignore the Oline.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Washington Redskins ‏@Redskins
BREAKING: QB Colt McCoy (@ColtMcCoy) signs his contract at #Redskins Park.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011

Eagles fan here. Don't expect him to be running crossing routes or anything, the guy avoids contact more than anyone I've ever watched. If a team jams him at the line and can get decent pressure on the QB, they'll neutralize him for the majority of the game. He might get away on a couple plays and he'll disrupt things just because of what he can do on those few plays, but in general I think he's benefited from being on a diverse offense that kept teams from devoting a lot of attention to him.

Of course I'm biased, not only as an Eagles fan but as one who never forgave him for *****footing through his contract year in 2011 because he was afraid of getting hurt before cashing in. I hate him the way people hated Fleischmann back in the day.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Eagles fan here. Don't expect him to be running crossing routes or anything, the guy avoids contact more than anyone I've ever watched. If a team jams him at the line and can get decent pressure on the QB, they'll neutralize him for the majority of the game. He might get away on a couple plays and he'll disrupt things just because of what he can do on those few plays, but in general I think he's benefited from being on a diverse offense that kept teams from devoting a lot of attention to him.

Of course I'm biased, not only as an Eagles fan but as one who never forgave him for *****footing through his contract year in 2011 because he was afraid of getting hurt before cashing in. I hate him the way people hated Fleischmann back in the day.

Have you watched Leonard Hankerson?

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Have you watched Leonard Hankerson?

Leonard Hankerson's not making 16M guaranteed over the next three years. It's far more frustrating when the guy or giving up on plays, refusing to block, and letting himself be knocked off his route is expected to be and is paid like a star player. Stuff like this was fun too.

I don't want to seem like I'm trying to rain on the parade in here, I just honestly hated the guy. I can't believe we couldn't trade him and I know we're worse without him, but I'm happy to see him off the team.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Thanks Zoid. I am trying to not let his salary dictate my expectations.

I expect week one our tiny WRs will be facing press man, making RG3 hold the ball a little long than we would like, and test out our revamped OL.

Anyone that is listed at 6'0, flip a coin is likely not that. Garcon is our biggest receiver unless this Gettis kid somehow steals a spot. I hope he can play teams.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Leonard Hankerson's not making 16M guaranteed over the next three years. It's far more frustrating when the guy or giving up on plays, refusing to block, and letting himself be knocked off his route is expected to be and is paid like a star player. Stuff like this was fun too.

I don't want to seem like I'm trying to rain on the parade in here, I just honestly hated the guy. I can't believe we couldn't trade him and I know we're worse without him, but I'm happy to see him off the team.

There are reasons for not being able to trade him. Most situations like that have to involve the player who will accept restructuring his contract for another team. He has no incentive to do so when he knows the alternative is that he would be released and in effect CHOOSE his team.

As per articles above his route running is very good.

"letting himself get knocked off his route" ..well he isn't the biggest guy so I doubt he has much say in that. The WR isn't always going to win that battle but you don't put up the kind of numbers he has in his first 6 years if he consistently lost those battles.

No denying he is a diva. But so was/is TO, Randy Moss, Michael Irvin, Ochocinco, Dez etc

Its the NFL. You have to be able to deal with egos and wacky antics of certain players.

We'll see how the Redskins handle it.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
There are reasons for not being able to trade him. Most situations like that have to involve the player who will accept restructuring his contract for another team. He has no incentive to do so when he knows the alternative is that he would be released and in effect CHOOSE his team.

As per articles above his route running is very good.

"letting himself get knocked off his route" ..well he isn't the biggest guy so I doubt he has much say in that. The WR isn't always going to win that battle but you don't put up the kind of numbers he has in his first 6 years if he consistently lost those battles.

No denying he is a diva. But so was/is TO, Randy Moss, Michael Irvin, Ochocinco, Dez etc

Its the NFL. You have to be able to deal with egos and wacky antics of certain players.

We'll see how the Redskins handle it.

I'll never deny he's got talent, it's just easy to let his attitude cloud your view of him. I know in spite of his antics he's a great player and probably worth the money, but when you watch him every game it's really grating. "Oh look, Desean got forced out of bounds during his route again." "Cool, another unsportsmanlike conduct penalty." "Could've gotten a few more yards if Desean had tried to block that guy."

To be fair, he wasn't nearly as bad about avoiding contact before he got concussed by Dunta Robinson, so he's got a legit excuse for being scared. Still, it's frustrating.

Thanks Zoid. I am trying to not let his salary dictate my expectations.

I expect week one our tiny WRs will be facing press man, making RG3 hold the ball a little long than we would like, and test out our revamped OL.

Anyone that is listed at 6'0, flip a coin is likely not that. Garcon is our biggest receiver unless this Gettis kid somehow steals a spot. I hope he can play teams.

On the bright side, not a lot of teams have two CBs who can consistently and effectively play press coverage. I'm sure Garcon will love having Desean there to draw coverage away from him.

Last edited:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
His antics are troublesome no doubt. Its definitely a risk of that there is no question.

I think if we win and do well he'll be ok. Any kind of poor play will lead to a quick deterioration of the situation as he'll throw tons of fuel on to the fire.

There will be sideline incidents and annoying off field stuff I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad