2014 QMJHL Draft (Sherbrooke)

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Jean Gleizes, French or Canadian for IIHF?

Holy hell there were a ton of Americans draft.

Right now I think it's his choice. I'm not sure if he even has a Canadian passport, so if he doesn't he's French. As far as I know, he didn't move over to Canada until he was Bantam age (13). New IIHF rules say you have to play 2 seasons after age 10 so even if he has a Canadian passport, he would get to choose.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
So my Phoenix could snag him at #28:)

solid pick as far as I'm concerned. Better version of Joey Ratelle (whom I liked quite a bit in his draft year). He was the guy I thought would drop at the draft I was talking about yesterday. Same for Grametbauer.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
solid pick as far as I'm concerned. Better version of Joey Ratelle (whom I liked quite a bit in his draft year). He was the guy I thought would drop at the draft I was talking about yesterday. Same for Grametbauer.

Charbonneau said he was their plan B would Grégoire not be there at #16. They ended up picking him at #28:handclap:

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
It looks like the Maritime division should be of much higher caliber this season overall.

Charlottetown and Cape Breton should both be fighting for the division. I don't think Moncton will be that far behind either , especially if they have some luck with Americans reporting. Saint John and Bathurst will be bottome feeders once again though. Halifax will probably be in the middle of the division having lost Drouin, Ashley, Andrews , Weeger , Ryan , Ciampini and Duke. That's 6 out of their top 7 scorers. They have an average offence , lots of ??? on D but they do have Fucale between the pipes.

1.Charlottetown
2.Cape Breton
3.Moncton
4. Halifax
5. Bathurst
6. Saint John

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Charlottetown and Cape Breton should both be fighting for the division. I don't think Moncton will be that far behind either , especially if they have some luck with Americans reporting. Saint John and Bathurst will be bottome feeders once again though. Halifax will probably be in the middle of the division having lost Drouin, Ashley, Andrews , Weeger , Ryan , Ciampini and Duke. That's 6 out of their top 7 scorers. They have an average offence , lots of ??? on D but they do have Fucale between the pipes.

1.Charlottetown
2.Cape Breton
3.Moncton
4. Halifax
5. Bathurst
6. Saint John

Division will be much more competitive but I can't see Halifax falling to 4th. Offence should still be in good shape. Gadoury would have been one of their top scorers over full season. Fortier top scorer in QMAAA. Some second year guys will have a good chance to succeed in larger roles. D. Moynihan, Timo Meier, Shewfelt could be close to PPG guys. Plus Ehlers may be favourite for league MVP. Hard to be a middle of the pack team with an MVP caliber player like him.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Division will be much more competitive but I can't see Halifax falling to 4th. Offence should still be in good shape. Gadoury would have been one of their top scorers over full season. Fortier top scorer in QMAAA. Some second year guys will have a good chance to succeed in larger roles. D. Moynihan, Timo Meier, Shewfelt could be close to PPG guys. Plus Ehlers may be favourite for league MVP. Hard to be a middle of the pack team with an MVP caliber player like him.

Their biggest issue is defence.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Michael O'Leary is heading back to Salisbury Prep Next year in stead of playing for the Screaming Eagles

qc2nf

Jan 7, 2013
It is not official, he was in a ball hockey tournament last weekend and a reporter named John Moore interviewed him and he said he was leaning towards going back to prep but not a final decision.

The clip is here

http://sportsandmoore.com/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad