GDT: 2014 NHL Draft - Philadelphia - Rounds 2-7 9:00 AM NHLN

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
From @PredsNHL #Preds receive pick #62 from San Jose for picks 72 and 102. Select Justin Kirkland at 62.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Got a fourth to drop 5 spots in the mid 2nd. Gave up a fourth to move up into the 2nd pick of the third (10 spots).

Honestly, the value seems about right. Kirkland has good reviews and had a solid 2nd round grade.

I am a big proponent of moving up and grabbing your guy, especially if he is falling. Way to go Preds.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 2m

Taken by NSH after #preds also took Russian Vladislav Kamenev (speaks no English), Dougherty said,"We're speechless right now, especially him"

I say if this hockey thing doesn't work out, Dougherty could be a comedian. :laugh:

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 2m

Taken by NSH after #preds also took Russian Vladislav Kamenev (speaks no English), Dougherty said,"We're speechless right now, especially him"

I say if this hockey thing doesn't work out, Dougherty could be a comedian. :laugh:

Gold Jerry! Gold!

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I saw Kirkland play a ton this year and have him as my #6 ranked prospect from the Dub:

Here is my write up on Kirkland:

6 - Justin Kirkland - LW - Kelowna Rockets
Kirkland is a phenomenal prospect he has all the tools. He has a great frame good speed, hands, and shot, and he is great along the boards. He also does great work down low and knows how to use his big frame to protect the puck. He plays a solid defensive game and is always giving a good effort. He possesses all these great tools while still being incredibly raw. Kirkland is very lanky and needs to bulk up plenty before he is ready to make the next step and any team that drafts him needs to be patient, but the payoff may be an amazing two-way player with great size.

To elaborate, he is a project. Don't expect anything from him for a while but with proper development he will become a stud. Great pick guys.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
From what I was reading about kirkland he really improved in the second half of the year so those considering him a steal are expecting him to follow that trajectory as opposed to it being a "flukey" few months I suppose.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Also man it would be wild if someone either Point or De Leo fell to us way down at the back of the 4th.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
I saw Kirkland play a ton this year and have him as my #6 ranked prospect from the Dub:

Here is my write up on Kirkland:

To elaborate, he is a project. Don't expect anything from him for a while but with proper development he will become a stud. Great pick guys.

Awesome bud thanks for the details! Preds are known for taking there time with prospects he's gunna go through Milwaukee, hopefully we can catch a break and draft a breakout forward instead of a Defensemen for a change. We've got a couple now with Kirkland and Kamenev

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
A few posters in the general draft thread liked this pick, I don't really know anything about him, but he's older so he may potentially be closer to NHL ready?

alexmanu

Jan 1, 2011
United Kingdom
Arvidsson is a great player, quite small but so skillful. I think he's close to being ready for NA. I watch a lot of SEL and he was one of my fav players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad